• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

A Serious Question Part III

Only if she is the Finnish language teacher.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Only if it is to raise their GPA or get them into a prestigious university.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Right or wrong, I don't know about. But it's probably legal in most states (in the U.S.), though a lot of school districts now have codes of conduct that would prohibit that. Even in many/most colleges, a professor isn't supposed to date his/her students. So the teacher probably wouldn't get arrested, but he/she might lose his/her job or get sanctioned.

Yes, it absolutely is wrong. Any relationship between student/teacher that is anything other than strictly for learning is an abuse of position.

Except for my teachers. They all just wanted me (and who can blame them?).

You must be kidding. You call this a "serious question"? Teachers having affairs, including sex with their students. This is absolutely wrong. As Dirk already mentioned: any relationship between teacher and student that is anything other than strictly for learning is an abuse of position.
Most schools don't allow it. It might be legal in the States (I believe in my country it is as well, but I'm not 100% sure about that), but all school here have internal regulations and I'm pretty sure they all stipulate that affairs (not even sexual ones) with students is forbidden.
If it comes out the teacher definitly will loose his job permanantly, and the student will be sent from school.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Yes.

A teacher is in a position of power.

Also, it is high school. Think about it.
No one should have to ask simple questions like this.

You must be kidding. You call this a "serious question"? Teachers having affairs, including sex with their students. This is absolutely wrong. As Dirk already mentioned: any relationship between teacher and student that is anything other than strictly for learning is an abuse of position.

Yes, but the responses do not necessarily have to be serious.

Does it matters as long as the relationship does not affect school grades?

It is a matter between two adults.

Yes, but the responses do not necessarily have to be serious.

Does it matters as long as the relationship does not affect school grades?

It is a matter between two adults.
Of course it matters. The teacher have to give grades to the students. What do you think will happen when there's a relationship in between a teacher and a student? Honest grades? I don't think so. A teacher should be objective towards all the students, not only in exams, but also when they have arguements. He can never be objective when he has a relationship with an involved party (read student).

A teacher should be objective towards all the students, not only in exams, but also when they have arguements. He can never be objective when he has a relationship with an involved party (read student).

That is true, but teacher/student-relationship is not a crime.

At least not in my country.

An action can be judged on more then it's consequences. Even if nothing bad comes from the relationship, it still can be morally wrong from some perspectives.
The argument that the teacher is in a position of power, and therefore the relationship would be inherently unbalanced is one example. The reasoning here is that an unbalanced relationship is a bad thing, because the weaker party might be abused. Between equal adults this is a matter of personal responsibility, but the adult in this case are unequal.
Another example focusses more on the profession of the teacher. Like Thomas pointed out, the graded system is designed to be as objective as possible. Without this approach of objectivity (ofcourse it will never be truly reached) the school system loses a lot of its merits.
Conclusion: From multiple perspective this is a bad thing. The only way to defend this is not to care about the unequal power distribution or the profession of a teacher. Both positions are hard to hold on to, because both can be attacked by a prime value of our society: individual freedom. In both arguments the individual freedom of the student is at stake, either way on a personal level, or by ruining the equal chances of citizens.

Any comments or criticism? It's always welcome ofcourse.

Alright so forgive me for hijacking the thread but I have a twist to this question that may be intereating...

Is it mwrong for a tracher to sleep with a former student who is now 18. If they met at a bar for example?

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
It's also wrong for a college professor to sleep with their students.

Alright so forgive me for hijacking the thread but I have a twist to this question that may be intereating...

Is it mwrong for a tracher to sleep with a former student who is now 18. If they met at a bar for example?

Yes