• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

A genuine Conservative identifies the gravest threat to U.S. democracy & independence

No, it's not Communism, illegal immigration, Affirmative Action, minorities, gays, atheists, socialized healthcare, Islam, or whatever fictional monster that can be concocted.

Only genuine Republicans such as former President Dwight D. Eisenhower have the courage to speak intellectually honest as he does in this clip, unlike the majority of todays so-called Republicans who are a bunch of inconsistent, hypocritical pathological lying frauds who truly do not give a goddamn about our country and our fellow Americans.

Re: A genuine Conservative identifies the gravest threat to U.S. democracy & independ

Amazing. When Presidents were leaders and men were men. There was no hiding behind rhetoric or or nonsese. They told it basically how it was, by understanding the issues of the day. That was a great find. How did you come across it? If only more world leaders were like this.

Re: A genuine Conservative identifies the gravest threat to U.S. democracy & independ

Amazing. When Presidents were leaders and men were men. There was no hiding behind rhetoric or or nonsese. They told it basically how it was, by understanding the issues of the day. That was a great find. How did you come across it? If only more world leaders were like this.

Ike's farewell address most recently was used as the intro to the great documentary video "Why we fight" which is what that clip was from.

You can watch the entire vid here.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=49jISubJGILZlQfVu5nXBg&q=why+we+fight&hl=en#

When asked people think we fight for "freedom" and other noble causes but as the vid shows it's not really that simple.We fight for interests first and foremost.Thats just how the world works and always has.I am not making a good and evil statement in regards to this ,just think it would be nice if people understood such things more and not just try to boil it down to good guys ,bad guys type of simple answers.

Ike was dead on about the danger and most of what he worried about has come to be IMO.We spend ridiculous amount on so-called defense.Most of it probably just to make some very wealthy.

That's a major problem! I feel the mainstream's willingness and obsession to drive delusion down our throats in numerous forms is the real problem, coupled public's willingness to accept it has gone from dangerous to deadly.

I've been talking about this video since it was released in 2005. While some might throw around the keywords, God, democracy, and freedom, to override common sense, Why We Fight is the quickest and most concise primer on how bad the history of the US has evolved in the name of money.

Like Vietnam, there will be a lot of survivors after this is all finished who figure out what they did in Iraq and why, and never forgive themselves.

I read that he originally was going to use the phrase, "miltary, industrial, congressional complex." He thought it might be a bit strong so he shortened it.

Probably not strong enough these days, with the dumbing down of the news in the US, and people wanting to think they are knowledgeable believing anything they're told from anyone in politics who can lie and pacify them. It takes away any need for them to be aware.

There's another thread I was reading here earlier from 07' on how Fox news won a case in court that allowed them to lie.
http://board.freeones.com/showthread.php?t=339934

I think it also has that element of protecting themselves from themselves. Being aware of what is happening in your own backyard and making sure things dont go wrong there. It is easy ton look externally and try and help other people whilst turning a blind eye or be unaware of the problems that are occuring at home. The power this machine gets from the "fight for freedom" or alike is something that should not be overlooked.

just think it would be nice if people understood such things more and not just try to boil it down to good guys ,bad guys type of simple answers.
It would be though, and I totally agree. Though I think most people prefer black and white, it is easier and much palatable to digest and understand. When the issue / issues get cofusing people get scared and turn away. Howeverr it is this complexity and drive to understand that makes us make the right, moral decisions.

ive known about that video for years... he was right.. however not all conservatives are warmongers. but i would like to add that it was the roosevelt admin that was in charge at that time...who was in control then huh?.... and i i gotta admit i absolutely hate how all the libtards jump on the gravy train of lambasting.... lol btw take a count.. most usa wars were done by ur so called democrats.. just to let u know u cant really judge the present day political position with the past... its an ever changing beast... im gtg more and more polarized every day cuz of this crap... btw ima conservative!

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020

No, it's not Communism, illegal immigration, Affirmative Action, minorities, gays, atheists, socialized healthcare, Islam, or whatever fictional monster that can be concocted.

Only genuine Republicans such as former President Dwight D. Eisenhower have the courage to speak intellectually honest as he does in this clip, unlike the majority of todays so-called Republicans who are a bunch of inconsistent, hypocritical pathological lying frauds who truly do not give a goddamn about our country and our fellow Americans.

]
you see things like its some sort of football game or something.
them against us.
man they are all on the take.
you think democrats care so much but republicans dont and thats just not reality.
pretty much all politicians are the same.
personally, for too many reasons to cite I feel its democratic politicians who sell out the country more than republicans.
I was just wondering, are you employed sir?
If so have you looked at how much money has been deducted from your paycheck?
Is that the republicans taking your money at such a high percent?
25 -50% of your money being taken by the GOV is not what was intended by the founders (i know racist bigot white men invaders) .
That comes from both parties and that is what keeps the common man down.

I made about a thousand - 1,200 a week for a long time, I would recieve about 600 of that after taxes.
thats about 2 thousand a month in taxes just from little ol me.
I think about what i could have done with that money and where i'd be today had the gov not taken so much.
That aint the republicans doing that, thats all politicians.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac

A genuine address that appears at the beginning of the film JFK. Ike had a point. But remember that he was a general and lived his entire life thanks to the American military. The military and civilian defense contractors are in bed together now, and they were then. A million speeches by a million presidents will never change that.

^
The only way to stop the military-industrial complex is to stop warmongering. Obama promised he would end the wars we're in now because he was the only candidate (other than Kucinich and Ron Paul [<--I think] ) who voted against the wars.

Sadly, Obama has not moved to bring a close to these wars. I don't think he intends to until Aug 2011....sad to say.