• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

A cluster fuck, of a travesty......

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I always thought something was off about him. The dude freaked me out every time I saw his mug.

Mr. Daystar

This has happened before, I just gotta wonder. But yeah, he's an odd dude. Almost the whole family is a tad touched, if you ask me. But now to avoid legal ramifications, I will say these are SOLELY MY OPINIONS, and not anyone affiliated with this board, be it ownership, or management.

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
I don't like Alec Baldwin but it strikes me that most of the people who seem to think he's culpable in any way for Halyna Hutchins' death are the ones who can't get over the fact that he did some impressions of Donald Trump.

That being said, the lack of union representation on this shoot is somebody's fault.

Btw Baldwin memes in this thread will be frowned upon, for anyone considering exploiting a young woman's tragic death for yuks.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
What they saved on staff, they can now spend on attorneys:
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/al...crew-member-movie-set-authorities-2021-10-22/
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0211022-njwgfn3xcnaj5o4cpvyiu4v7z4-story.html

• “Corners were being cut. They brought in nonunion people so they could continue shooting.”
  • "laborers had expected that they would be housed in Santa Fe during the scheduled 21-day shoot that began Oct. 6. Instead, they were allegedly forced to make a 50-mile commute from a further location where they stayed."

gmase

I don't like Alec Baldwin but it strikes me that most of the people who seem to think he's culpable in any way for Halyna Hutchins' death are the ones who can't get over the fact that he did some impressions of Donald Trump.
In the High Court of Public Umbrage 'Anyone can be blamed for anything.'

Mr. Daystar

I remember watching an interview with Christopher Walken on the subject of gun use in his scenes, and he basically said he's so concerned about safety he checks the other persons gun before, between and after takes, he's always nervous abut accidents and the like. I don't know if he's a firearms enthusiast,, but he sure as hell believes in safety, and understands the ramifications of "playing with guns".

Actually, as a liberal tree hugging social worker, my wife doesn't like guns, but has no problem with lawful ownership, excluding things like AK's or AR's, so I give her credit for going with me to take the CCW course, She never intended to get the permit, but wanted to learn how to safely load, and unload a firearm, and how, and what to do when she needs to handle one. She shot a gun for the first time that day, did about as well as you could expect, passed the class, and has not fired one since, although she said she wouldn't mind going again.

Last edited:

gmase

Words I did not expect to see today:
Actually, as a liberal tree hugging social worker, my wife doesn't like guns,

The news gets worse for Rust:
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kn...say-there-were-2-accidental-weapon-discharges

According to The Los Angeles Times, which first reported the previous incidents, Baldwin’s stunt double accidentally fired two rounds last Saturday after being told that a gun was “cold,” meaning that it had no ammunition in it.

Crew member: "There were no safety meetings. There was no assurance that it wouldn’t happen again. All they wanted to do was rush, rush, rush,”

Reactions: sj1

Mr. Daystar

Words I did not expect to see today:

The news gets worse for Rust:
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kn...say-there-were-2-accidental-weapon-discharges

According to The Los Angeles Times, which first reported the previous incidents, Baldwin’s stunt double accidentally fired two rounds last Saturday after being told that a gun was “cold,” meaning that it had no ammunition in it.

Crew member: "There were no safety meetings. There was no assurance that it wouldn’t happen again. All they wanted to do was rush, rush, rush,”
To me, that in of itself, should be a criminal charge. I was always under the impression, that on movie sets with firearms use, there was supposed to be a "gun wrangler", so to speak. I know unions demand it, but I thought it was a law. And honestly, anybody, I don't care what your opinions of guns are, should have the common sense to check, and keep secure any firearms, loaded or not.

Mr. Daystar

I just saw this....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rust-script-supervisor-said-911-172635430.html

If that's the gun that was used, then they defiantly needed someone with knowledge on site. A single action revolver requires a little more skill and knowledge then a double/single. You have to know how to pull the hammer to its first click to open the loading gate, and rotate the cylinder all the way around. You also have to remember that the spot in the cylinder that is going into battery, is the one AFTER the currently lined up spot.

Thank God it wasn't a mob flick, and someone had a Tommy gun.

The Crow did surprisingly well, but I don't know if Rust will get the same reception. It's going to be very uneasy watching the movie seeing baldwin shoot people.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
I remember watching an interview with Christopher Walken on the subject of gun use in his scenes, and he basically said he's so concerned about safety he checks the other persons gun before, between and after takes, he's always nervous abut accidents and the like. I don't know if he's a firearms enthusiast,, but he sure as hell believes in safety, and understands the ramifications of "playing with guns".
I thought he died in The Deer Hunter (1978)

gmase

Btw Baldwin memes in this thread will be frowned upon, for anyone considering exploiting a young woman's tragic death for yuks.
You need to admonish DJT Jr:
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kn...jr-sells-t-shirts-mocking-alec-baldwins-fatal

He is trying to profit off her death.