• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

A challenge

I like a good, simple potato salad. About 1/2 inch cubes of potato, mayo, salt and pepper, a little olive oil, very finely chopped spring onions, a little paprika, a few leaves of parsley. Mixed nice and thick so that the mayo clings to the potatoes and doesn't run. Sometimes mama adds a few halved unsalted peanuts.

I also think of Coronation Chicken as a kind of salad, and it's wonderful. I make it with chicken (natch), a few sultanas, flaked toasted almonds, onions browned with a little sugar, apricots if I have them, a swirl of mango chutney if I don't, and mayo mixed with either a ready-made curry powder if I'm lazy (coriander, cumin, powdered ginger, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, ground cardamom and fenugreek seeds if I'm not) and turmeric for a deeper yellow colour. It's good for sandwiches or baked potatoes, but honestly I prefer just to dump a load of it onto big lettuce leaves and devour.

In your end-o ;)

tumblr_maaloovSXI1r6tj2go1_500.jpg

LucyOHara

Official Checked Star Member
One of my favorite salads is: Spinach, chopped red onions, feta, blueberries, grilled chicken, and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette.

Something I initially cringed at when they put it in front of me.. because I don't like fruits mixed in with shit. Or vinaigrette.

Spinach with strawberries and candied almonds with a poppy seed dressing is also a fantastic summer salad. Also super easy to make.

Mariahxxx

I live in Tampa. Is this the only place where Greek salads are served with Greek potato salad at the bottom?

no that's the traditional greek salad. in tarpon springs very near where I live, I asked several people this and they all say the same.

Mariahxxx

I have been doing a lot of salads with different vinaigrette dressings. i just made a watermelon and pecan salad with watermelon vinaigrette that was awesome! as well I did seared scallops on arugula with jalapeno vinaigrette

i make a "cheaters cesar" which is awesome and very simple check it out http://dinnerwithmariahblog.com/?p=674

and my favorite of all time the spinach salad with warm bacon dressing http://dinnerwithmariahblog.com/?p=813

Maggie Green

One of my favorite salads is: Spinach, chopped red onions, feta, blueberries, grilled chicken, and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette.

Something I initially cringed at when they put it in front of me.. because I don't like fruits mixed in with shit. Or vinaigrette.

That just made me drool a little bit : )

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
no that's the traditional greek salad. in tarpon springs very near where I live, I asked several people this and they all say the same.

Which is strange because potatoes weren't introduced to the Mediterranean until the early sixteenth century.