• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

360 problem

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I already know CaDDaFy's opinion. But I'd like to know what the problem is! I should probably call microsoft number in the booklet, but maybe someone here knows.

Anyway, the problem is SOMETIMES after just 5 minutes or other times after couple hours of straight play, 3 red lights come on. The book explains 2 or 4 lights but says nothing of 3. I also know it's not overheating as I can feel the the thing is still cool, plus after 5 minutes? Can't be that. I did add an external fan to it, that's when I first noticed the problem...could that be the cause somehow?

why does it not surprise me that anything that Microsoft makes has bugs in it?

just my :2 cents:

Ax3C

Banned
I already know CaDDaFy's opinion. But I'd like to know what the problem is! I should probably call microsoft number in the booklet, but maybe someone here knows.

Anyway, the problem is SOMETIMES after just 5 minutes or other times after couple hours of straight play, 3 red lights come on. The book explains 2 or 4 lights but says nothing of 3. I also know it's not overheating as I can feel the the thing is still cool, plus after 5 minutes? Can't be that. I did add an external fan to it, that's when I first noticed the problem...could that be the cause somehow?

It IS overheating plus there's some kind of internal hardware error as well.

I'm posting a Google Search link for you to check out. I used the phrase "3 Red lights come on the XBox 360"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=3+red+lights+come+on+the+XBox+360&btnG=Search

It's called "The Three Red Lights Of Death" or some shit like that.

Legzman

why does it not surprise me that anything that Microsoft makes has bugs in it?

just my :2 cents:

to true...fuckin bullshit!

It IS overheating plus there's some kind of internal hardware error as well.

I'm posting a Google Search link for you to check out. I used the phrase "3 Red lights come on the XBox 360"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=3+red+lights+come+on+the+XBox+360&btnG=Search

It's called "The Three Red Lights Of Death" or some shit like that.

thanks for the links! very informative. Guess I'll try and exchange it first. I'd rather not wait for god knows how long to get the damn thing back from microsoft!:mad:

to true...fuckin bullshit!

thanks for the links! very informative. Guess I'll try and exchange it first. I'd rather not wait for god knows how long to get the damn thing back from microsoft!:mad:

At least now the warranty has been extended to 1 year so you'll have you're problem solved in no time .

okay i am currently getting ready to recieve my 9th 360 this is a brand new one no more refurbished pieces of junk. Here are the problems.
1.) Have the unit plugged directly into a wall socket, not a power strip or anything else. The hulking grey power box has a built in surge protector
2.)Do not have anything hooked up to it that is not original microsoft make. The system is not rated to for any deviations in eletrical flow.
3.)Now the ealier systems were prone to over heating, the newer system's are not having this problem.
3a.) what is happening is this, the internal tempurature is causing the mother board to warp slightly, thus breaking the connections of either the video card wires, or the wires to the hard drive, and the disc reader.
4.) If you have already sent it in and this is a different one they sent back to you it is probably the warped mother board. They dont really fix the systems at the repair center, actually i dont know what they do there my guess is they sit around with thier thumbs up thier ass's.
5.) The three red lights is generally one of the above mentioned problems, but also make sure your av cable is being bumped and turning to digital signal or back to regular signal, had this happen to me once because my bass speaker was slightly vibrating the cord enough to goof with it.
If you continue having problems send me a pm and i will help you out with all the knowledge i have.
There is a trick between the eject button and the button to get your control registered to the console that you can do to find out if it is truely the system.
That it info is posted on the net but I dont have the addy for it.
Yes you sony fans can bash microsoft's system, but atleast we have games and now the game makers prefer microsoft over sony
Sony needs to stick with making tv sets

Legzman

It's funny. I never had a problem before I added the inter cooler. With that attached, it happens several times. if I'm patient enough to restart the system and put up with this shit enough times. Eventually it'll let me play for a few hours instead of 5 minutes before it does it again.

I removed the inter cooler thing and viola...no more fucking red lights! This is why I believe there is a connection. I've also noticed that the power cord is held into the back of the console. It's clicks in. Now with the inter cooler it doesn't click into the back of that at all. Just sits loose in there. So I figure maybe from the vibration of the machine it simply wiggles out just enough to fuck the thing.

I've decided to use it without the cooler for a while and see what happens. Thanks for all the info guys!

3 red lights is system hardware failiure

my 1st 360 had it... and the one i have now sounds like its on its last legs :(
freezin alot, funny electrical noises n shit!

Legzman

still no problems since I've removed the external fan thingy I bought! Have had it on for about 3 hours straight, couple different times with no problems. Guess I'll just toss the 30 dollar fan and cut my losses there. Better than fuckin up a $400 machine!

3 lights means "internal error". It's time to get that thing repaired/replaced.

Legzman

3 lights means "internal error". It's time to get that thing repaired/replaced.

I think the fan attachment I bought was fuckin with it. Loose connection from the power cord or something. I removed it and had no red lights since.

I bought My 360 a week after it came out and ive not had any problems, i mean once i was on Oblivion from 9.00 at night to 10.00 clock in morning & not one problem with it.

I get the (Red Lights Of Death) when i take the arial thing out of the back of it while im playing a game.

Hope you get it sorted Legzi, theres much , much gamin ta be done.

Legzman

what arial thing?

aerial thing? the only advice I can give about the lights is send the XBOX to microsoft and they will send you a new one. They know they had alot of issues and have no problem replacing it. My replaced 360 works fine.

I read that there is a design flaw about the cpu/gpu heatsink. seems that it's not held down by multiple places, but by one spot under the processor causing the motherboard to flex. When the system heats up the solder joints become weaker and the board flexes even more till the processor corners no longer work causing the system to die all together. this will give you the three rings.

Goll I should know this I know we had someone bring it in because of the lights and we gave him a new one, other people just send it in to Microsoft their pretty good with that stuff.

I have a xbox 360 myself sometimes it go off saying disc is unreadable but when I switched it off and switched it on again it work again.