• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

360 or ps3?

Playstation was my thing since it was an add-on for SNES. They have one of the greatest controllers ever so PS3. The XBox is much more popular it seems.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Playstation was my thing since it was an add-on for SNES. They have one of the greatest controllers ever so PS3. The XBox is much more popular it seems.

If I had a dollar for every X360 fanboy who vouched for the system... then tells you how many times they've had to send it back to microsoft for the RedRingsOfDeath...

I cant even laugh at that, anymore. The good news is that after they stop producing 360s they'll very quickly dwindle down to just about nothing. Hardware failures, hard drive installation hiccups and a pay-for-play online service. Not my thing. Best of luck to those thta have the patience for it. :shakes head: If I have to send a console back.. that sorta screams FAIL.

When the original Xbox came out, I was quick to buy it. It seemed like a good idea, as Microsoft made me feel as if I was going to get a super powered computer gaming system. What I really got was an over-priced extension of what a PC was already capable of. I was really disappointed.

When Xbox 360 came out, I wasn't so quick to buy it. It seemed like a terrible idea, as Microsoft had let me down with the original Xbox, so I didn't buy it right away. I waited until the price came down and then I bought one. Even though I bought one while it was "cheaper", it was still a huge waste of my money. The games are fine and I won't complain about them, but I will complain about everything else. To me, the Xbox 360 has slow loading times, minor glitches that are uncontrolable and, not to mention, the controller still sucks big time.

PS3 might not have the best online gaming experience, but if you're going to buy a video game console just so you can play online...you're an idiot and you're wasting your money anyway. PS3 is much, much better. Better games, superior controller, no glitches (that I've encountered), solid downloadable content, etc.

the ps3 has some of the best media capabilities you'll find anywhere (ie, a web browser which is great for viewing Freeones.com on your big screen TV, wi-fi built in, removable hard drive that is replaceable with pretty much any laptop hard drive, bluray player, plays a ton of video formats like Divx /Xvid, wmv, mp4, etc (the xbox does play some of these formats as well, like Divx, etc).

and one of the more important things is that the ps3 is known as a very reliable system that rarely breaks down. the xbox 360, on the other hand, is nortorious for breaking down and having problems with scratching discs ...though it's said that those problems aren't as common these days as it was a year or two ago.

if you have an earlier model of ps3, you can play all ps2 and ps1 games as well. that's one hell of a gaming library available on just one console. those systems are pretty hard to find now, tho. they've been discontinued and replaced with cheaper versions of the ps3 that don't have any PS2 compatibility (they still can play all ps1 games, tho), fewer usb ports, and no media card readers.

on the other hand ...the xbox is cheaper (the $199 price tag on the arcade unit looks great ...eventhough it doesn't come with a hard drive or wi-fi ...but it still looks great in most everyone's eyes versus the $399 tag of the ps3. the xbox also has a better online service, although you do pay extra for it.

another thing with xbox360 titles, is that the multiplatform titles (like Assassins Creed, for example) often times look slightly better or have slightly better framerates on the xbox than the ps3. this is usually because game developers had developed the game primarily for the xbox and then port it over to the ps3. the ps3 is also harder to program for and sometimes the end result is a somewhat sloppier version of the game) this problem isn't as common now as it was a year+ ago ...but still happens on occasion.

another thing the xbox has going for it are the "Achievements". every xbox game has these "rewards" implemented in the game ...but on the ps3, for the most part, there is nothing like that to be found. newer ps3 games have started to implement a "Trophy" system, which is basically the same as the xbox "Achievements", but few games have this feature. from what i hear, any game that's released this year onwards on the ps3 is required to have Trophy support ...so it should become quite common from here on out.

overall ...i think you get more bang for the buck (all things considered ...ie, bluray, etc) with the ps3 ...but looking at it purely from a gaming standpoint, which is the reason you're buying a gaming console in the first place, i'd say the xbox is a smoother ride (as long as it doesn't break down).

so, in short ...

ps3 = good gaming console with awesome media capabilities. if watching bluray movies on your hi-def TV is of interest to you and you'd like to play some games while your at it ...then ps3 is hard to top. it's online service is free, and works rather well on most occasions, but it's not quite as good as xbox live. it's game library is quite good now, too ...so there's no shortage of quality games. also, only certain games can be found on the playstation, too ...ie, God of War, Gran Turismo, Twisted Metal, Uncharted, Rachet and Clank, to name a few. These are all Sony's own titles and can't be found anywhere else.

xbox360 = if you already have a stand alone bluray player, or if bluray doesn't matter to you, and you're just looking for a pure gaming console (the xbox uses a standard DVD drive, so there's no Bluray) ...the xbox is hard to beat. it has a great online service (which does cost you money ...around $50 a year) and a slightly larger library of games due to it's year head start on Sony. the fact that all their games have "Achievements" is a plus which helps to make games a little more interesting ...and the fact that some games look and run slightly better on this console can't be overlooked. also, popular titles like Fable, Halo, and Gears of War have made the xbox their home, and can't be bought for the playstation system.

i just said the hell with it and bought both consoles.

haha I hear this from everyone who likes the PS3 but I actually prefer a 360 controller.. I guess its just what you are used to

i like both the ps3 and xbox360 gamepads.

the way I see it ...

xbox:

better analog sticks ...which is better for games like Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War. i find the aiming easier with this gamepad.

it's also a very comfortable gamepad. feels great in your hands.

ps3:

has a better digital pad (the xbox digital pad isn't very good ...it's not as accurate as the playstation's). for a game like Street Fighter 2 ...you'd do a lot better with the playstation digital pad.

i prefer the shoulder buttons (on the top of the gamepad) on the playstation controller, too. they're situated better and are easier to hit.

gamepad still feels comfortable in your hands (think playstation 1 and playstation 2 ...if you liked the gamepad on these systems, you'll like this gamepad since it's basically the same).

playstation's gamepad also has motion sensing (similar to the nintendo Wii). though it's rarely used, some games do make some pretty good use of this feature.

the analog sticks are good, but not as good as the xbox's.

overall, i think the playstation controller is a better well rounded gamepad ...but if you play a lot of first person shooters, the xbox analog sticks are a bit easier to aim with.

both are good gamepads, imo. kinda depends on the game your playing as to which is better.

I guarantee the ps3 well be the better of the two systems in a few years and people stop complaining about price they equal the same you have to buy a 360, a hard drive if you want a bigger one, a hd dvd player attachment, a internet modem, and online gamingits basically a modern day sega genesis and we all now how that went . ps3 just the system and your set plus hd cords if you want hd

Xbox with a hard drive is still less then a ps3
HDDVD player is useless since its dead technology (You can rent HD movies over Xbox Live..)
An internet modem is needed for both systems.
Xbox comes with a microphone where you would have to pay for one with a PS3
Xbox comes with HD cables, PS3 Doesnt

i like both, and have got both but i like the ps3 better :D

i like both the ps3 and xbox360 gamepads.

the way I see it ...

xbox:

better analog sticks ...which is better for games like Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War. i find the aiming easier with this gamepad.

it's also a very comfortable gamepad. feels great in your hands.

ps3:

has a better digital pad (the xbox digital pad isn't very good ...it's not as accurate as the playstation's). for a game like Street Fighter 2 ...you'd do a lot better with the playstation digital pad.

i prefer the shoulder buttons (on the top of the gamepad) on the playstation controller, too. they're situated better and are easier to hit.

gamepad still feels comfortable in your hands (think playstation 1 and playstation 2 ...if you liked the gamepad on these systems, you'll like this gamepad since it's basically the same).

playstation's gamepad also has motion sensing (similar to the nintendo Wii). though it's rarely used, some games do make some pretty good use of this feature.

the analog sticks are good, but not as good as the xbox's.

overall, i think the playstation controller is a better well rounded gamepad ...but if you play a lot of first person shooters, the xbox analog sticks are a bit easier to aim with.

both are good gamepads, imo. kinda depends on the game your playing as to which is better.

Good Points

Xbox with a hard drive is still less then a ps3
HDDVD player is useless since its dead technology (You can rent HD movies over Xbox Live..)
An internet modem is needed for both systems.
Xbox comes with a microphone where you would have to pay for one with a PS3
Xbox comes with HD cables, PS3 Doesnt

first of all it depends on what ps3 you get for size and what hard drive for the 360 second no you don't need to buy a internet modem its built in as soon as I got mine I was able to use the internet with out buying anything for it I use the ps3 for almost all my internet uses I'm using it right now to talk to you third mic aren't that expensive in fact mine came with a game I brought (warhawk) if you add up on the 360 it equals the same in price to the ps3

I like the 360 for the online experience and the achievements. Never used the PS3, seems like an over priced blu-ray player to me. With very few exceptions the games are the same on both systems save a few exclusives to each.

Wow! Never noticed every technology critic acclaims the PS3 as the best blu-ray system available?
The fact you never tried explains the short mindedness of your post....

On: I like PS3 better. Just because the feel of the controllers is WAY better, and the FREE online experience (though the 360 oline expierence is better, it's still not free...) - although I like offline games better anyway.

Don't know a game on the 360 (exept for a few RPG's maybe) I'd like to play....

Last but not least: better graphics (on HDTV)

Other than that, I'd say they're pretty equal.

This argument comes down to who is buying the system.

If you are a "casual" gamer who wants an entire home entertainment center in one package, get a PS3. You get your Blu Ray, your internet and your video games. Cant go wrong.

If you are a "hardcore" gamer, who doesn't give a shit about blu ray, and want an amazing online gaming experience, then get a 360.

I have a 360 in my room for when I want to waste a good 6 hours and a PS3 in my living room for a simple, one piece home entertainment system to watch movies, or play some games with some friends.

I own a 360, but I'm not completely satisfied...
There are few things I dont like in the 360:
-It is noisy. This has improved since you can install games on the HD, but still not the best.
-It doesnt have built in wireless internet connection, and the wireless receiver add-on is so expensive, it is ridiculous.
-To play online you must pay. This is quite a pain, and honestly not justified by the service in my opinion.

The graphics are very good and I like some games, though. But I bought it for Resident Evil 5 basically, so it was the cheap solution to play the game!

I prefer the Xbox 360 because it has more good games, better software infrastructure, it feels more well thought out. I mean, every reason I read for people preferring PS3 (e.g. blu-ray, web browser, media) they're basically describing a PC...

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Wow! Never noticed every technology critic acclaims the PS3 as the best blu-ray system available?
The fact you never tried explains the short mindedness of your post....

again in english please!