• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

360 or ps3?

I am considering getting an Xbox 360. Did they ever get the red ring of death sorted out or do they still have a high failure rate?

Supposedly the failure rate has dropped considerably,but why even take the risk?

I can only speak for myself when I say this,but the few exclusive titles that are on 360 aren't enough to sway me into buying one.

Supposedly the failure rate has dropped considerably,but why even take the risk?

I can only speak for myself when I say this,but the few exclusive titles that are on 360 aren't enough to sway me into buying one.
Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I'll get a PS3 instead then. :cool:

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I'll get a PS3 instead then. :cool:

i have both the 360 and ps3 and i actually trust my 360 more. i had a ps3 break down on me already which was outside sony's one year warranty, so i had to spend $170 to get it repaired. my xbox has been working fine for a couple years now and it stays a lot cooler than both the ps3's i've had. i find the ps3 gets considerably warmer during use than the xbox ...and when it comes to heat and electronics, that's never a good thing.

the xbox has been greatly improved over the last couple of years. the only 360 models that really had a lot of problems were the first ones that came out when the system was first released. that model was named 'Xenon' and was almost guaranteed to fail. microsoft began making new models of the xbox that were more and more reliable and the current one that's out is called 'Jasper' which is a lot more reliable. i've actually read articles that states the Jasper as having a lower failure rate than the ps3 ...whether its true or not, who knows, but i don't really doubt it. my xbox is the 'Falcon' model ...which is the one that came out before the 'Jasper' and was also thought of to be pretty safe ...which is why i finally bought one.

Microsoft also have a 3 year extended warranty for the red ring of death and e74 error ...so i really wouldn't worry. too bad sony wouldn't throw their users a bone like that for the 'yellow light of death' which is actually fairly common among ps3 users. more so than you'd think anyway ...and that's what happened to mine. i was forced to spend another $170 to get my ps3 fixed after spending $650 when it first came out. thanks sony for the support ...i spent roughly $1000 for my ps3 so far ...how nice. :mad:

so anyway ...if you want an xbox360 get one and don't worry about anything. the new 'Jasper' systems have been on the market for a year or more now and are quite safe. even if you do happen to get the red ring or e74, you're covered for 3 years ...unlike sony.

i have both the 360 and ps3 and i actually trust my 360 more. i had a ps3 break down on me already which was outside sony's one year warranty, so i had to spend $170 to get it repaired. my xbox has been working fine for a couple years now and it stays a lot cooler than both the ps3's i've had. i find the ps3 gets considerably warmer during use than the xbox ...and when it comes to heat and electronics, that's never a good thing.

the xbox has been greatly improved over the last couple of years. the only 360 models that really had a lot of problems were the first ones that came out when the system was first released. that model was named 'Xenon' and was almost guaranteed to fail. microsoft began making new models of the xbox that were more and more reliable and the current one that's out is called 'Jasper' which is a lot more reliable. i've actually read articles that states the Jasper as having a lower failure rate than the ps3 ...whether its true or not, who knows, but i don't really doubt it. my xbox is the 'Falcon' model ...which is the one that came out before the 'Jasper' and was also thought of to be pretty safe ...which is why i finally bought one.

Microsoft also have a 3 year extended warranty for the red ring of death and e74 error ...so i really wouldn't worry. too bad sony wouldn't throw their users a bone like that for the 'yellow light of death' which is actually fairly common among ps3 users. more so than you'd think anyway ...and that's what happened to mine. i was forced to spend another $170 to get my ps3 fixed after spending $650 when it first came out. thanks sony for the support ...i spent roughly $1000 for my ps3 so far ...how nice. :mad:

so anyway ...if you want an xbox360 get one and don't worry about anything. the new 'Jasper' systems have been on the market for a year or more now and are quite safe. even if you do happen to get the red ring or e74, you're covered for 3 years ...unlike sony.

Did you have the old PS3 model or the new PS3 Slim? I've heard that they are better than the older ones.I have a slim and have had absolutely no hardware issues with it.

Well that might be your problem right there.

ya i know that the 60gig ps3 had its issues. it was the usual culprit when it came to the 'yellow light of death'.

hopefully the one i got as a replacement lasts because i really don't want to have to pay anymore than i already did for a ps3 ...which is now around $1000 ($650 at launch and $170 for the replacement ...and then your taxes).

i'd imagine that the slim ps3 is a lot more reliable ...at least i'd hope it would be.

the xbox gets a lot of flack for its 'red ring of death' ...and rightly so, but they've also gotten a lot better and more reliable as the years went on.

its a shame that we have to worry about that kind of crap ...and when the next gen consoles come out that's one thing that everyone will be worrying about. you shouldn't have to worry about the reliabilty of consoles ...especially when you're dropping $500+ on them.

hopefully they both get it right next time around.

PS3 definitely. But pretty much the same as the 360 for online experience and achievements however you don't need to pay for going online. I think the 360 is a totally ridiculous how you use your own internet usage but still have to pay the $AU90.00 for going online.

when choosing, the 360 edged it for me, for a couple of reasons. firstly: Gears of War. played it at a friends and loved it. and i already had a blu ray player - so wasn't too fussed about buying a downmarket blu ray player

when choosing, the 360 edged it for me, for a couple of reasons. firstly: Gears of War. played it at a friends and loved it. and i already had a blu ray player - so wasn't too fussed about buying a downmarket blu ray player

Actually from many reports the ps3 blu ray player is better that many stand alone players on the market.