• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2016 World Cup of Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
This quadrennial event starts tomorrow and I can't wait! Team Canada is favored to win it all but there are some terrific teams involved. It's a round robin tournament and all games will be played at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. Team USA is led by Patrick Kane and some really outstanding goaltenders in Ben Bishop, Corey Schneider and Jonathan Quick. Russia and Sweden appear to have some pretty stout talent as well. Game #1 is tomorrow with the USA/Europe game starting at 3:30pm EDT and followed by Canada/Czech Republic at 8:00pm EDT. The ESPN family of networks will show all games so I assume TSN in Canada will as well. Take a look at the rosters and schedules here:

https://www.nhl.com/news/world-cup-of-hockey-rosters/c-280810684

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...dates-tv-schedule-live-stream-and-predictions

Some of the games conflict with football but that's what DVRs are for! Hockey fanatics unite! Should be some terrific action. The 2016/17 season officially begins tomorrow!

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
One of the things I like about this tourney is the Team North America and Team Europe ideas. The young players have a chance to play against the best. And I love the line of Crosby, Bergeron, and Marchand for Canada.

Jagger69

Team Europe is the surprise of the tournament! They took out the USA like they were taking out the garbage (how many odd-man rushes can a team legally allow??) and then beat the Czechs today on an OT goal. Mrazek was terrific today (except for Zuccarello's goal) but they still couldn't win. Night before, Russia gets their asses handed to them by losing game #1 to Sweden. Weird tournament so far. The NA team is up tonight against Russia who has already disappointed their fans. Geez....what a twist. I'll be watching....guess not many others will judging from the (lack of) chatter on here about it. USA must win tomorrow against Canada....a tougher assignment I cannot imagine.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
Cut the cord on cable and satellite. Wish I could watch, but got tired of paying $150 a month for a handful of channels

Jagger69

Cut the cord on cable and satellite. Wish I could watch, but got tired of paying $150 a month for a handful of channels

Roku is the answer for you. Pick the networks you want to watch (like TSN or ESPN for instance) and, for a nominal fee per network, you got it streaming live from the web.

Team USA tanked it big time but these young North American kids are impressive....to beat Sweden in OT was huge. Russia must win today against Finland or go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.