• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2013 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that tribute to Rivera was pretty cool!

I'm a Mets fan who has come from loathing the Yanks to respecting them.
For the first time in many years the Yanks future looks dim. It's true about FA market. They don't have a lot of blue chip prospects either
It's hard to believe their record is as good as it is this year. They are lacking many pieces.
This sweep of series by Red Sox is huge blow to Yanks chances for wild card, but they are not out of it yet. I never count them out.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Isn't it interesting that the Yankees knew about 2 retirements with plans made before they could have been eliminated from post season play. Would either of them participate? What does Mo wear?

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
... And the Texas Rangers collapse once again.... :facepalm:

Two World Series appearances, and two AL Wild Card elimination games the last four years, with nothing to show for it! :(

bobjustbob

Robinson Cano 10 years at $30 million? Why doesn't he just ask for 50 or a fucking billion? Someone pick Joe Morgan up off the floor before he laughs himself to death.

^^^^
Yeah me too.

Not much of a baseball fan, but I'll be watching my Indian's tonight.

Its been a pretty good couple of weeks for my state of Ohio.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
FUN FACTS about Detroit and the Tigers! :rolleyes:

Congrats to the Detroit Tigers for their upcoming appearance in the ALCS. Here are a few fun facts about Detroit and the Tigers:

FACT 1: The city of Detroit has the first ever floating post office. Which makes perfect sense, because the USPS is sinking, too.
FACT 2: Ty Cobb was a Tiger back in the day. And we've all heard about what an upstanding emissary of the game he was!
FACT 3: The city of Detroit was built on top of a big salt mine. This might explain why imported cars have a better body life.
FACT 4: The Tigers lost their first two World Series' to the Cubs in 1907 and 1908. Wow....well, at least one of those two teams...ah, never mind.
FACT 5: According to recent state penal statistics, there are 36% fewer murders in Detroit than ten years ago. Of course, you actually need people to live there for murders to occur.
FACT 6: In 2003 the Detroit Tigers lost an American League record 119 games. Thanks to the Minnesota Twins of that year, who, having already won the division, surrendered three out of four games at the end of the season to the Tigers, by playing only teen-aged girls and one wooden dummy at second base. Otherwise, the Tigers would've had the worst record in either league...ever!

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Maybe Magic Johnson can get his NBA job back with ESPN -- If he begs for it!!

Haha! :D

... How pathetic are the Dodgers? :facepalm: Half a zillion dollars in payroll and they suck!

-- John_8581 *

* Yes, I'm a San Francisco Giant fan. And I dislike the Dodgers immensely.

Go Cardinals!! :)

bobjustbob

Sox look good tonight and the next one there too.

Discount tickets on sale at Jankee Stadium.

bobjustbob

Not many games left. These starters and managers have to realize this. 3 days rest. Have the bullpen ready at any given moment. You can't play for tomorrow. Randy Johnson came in to relieve when called upon. Batters? Get your heads out of your asses. Step up to the plate.

How do you all feel about the 7 game series? Should we take it to 9? Shorten it to 5? Thoughts.

I'm excited for the offseason. Hoping for a busy one.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Congrats to Miggy and Mad Max. Here's to hoping BOTH of them will be on the Detroit roster for some time to come.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
^^ I'm not reading all of that, Sam. And your article is over a year old. The Cubs haven't won in over a 105 years now.

I actually rooted for the Cardinals in the WS this year, such is my disdain for Boston. I know that STL used to be your favorite team, but you've probably changed by now. As I mentioned in the current MLB thread, the Cubs probably won't be competitive again until 2015 when some of their highly touted prospects make the jump to the big leagues. That's going to be Theo's last chance to turn the club around. If history is any indication, they still won't be successful, and the Cubs will start all over with a new GM.

But hey, there's always next year, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.