• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2012/2013 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got $200 on Bama beating Michigan. Michigan homers ftw.

I hate to jinx you but I think that's a stone cold lock.
What's the line on that game?

I know that pre-season rankings are rubbish, but I'm interested to see what people think about this list that came out a couple weeks ago:

USA Today

1.LSU (18)
2.Alabama (20)
3.USC (19)
4.Oklahoma (1)
5.Oregon
6.Georgia
7.Florida St. (1)
8.Michigan
9.South Carolina
10.Arkansas
11.West Virginia
12.Wisconsin
13.Michigan St.
14.Clemson
15.Texas
16.Nebraska
17.TCU
18.Stanford
19.Oklahoma St.
20.Virginia Tech
21.Kansas St.
22.Boise St.
23.Florida
24.Notre Dame
25.Auburn

Hmmm. Oklahoma is rated too high. So are Georgia (they'll be ok but not top 10), Michigan, South Carolina and West Virginia.
I think Wisconsin wins the Big 10 again. USC will have to beat Oregon twice to make it to the NC playoff - not an easy task at all, but even as a one loss team they'll make the top 4 and I think wind up #1.

America's Line (I see it in my local paper every morning) has Alabama favored by 12. :2 cents:

Normally, Bama isn't worth a shit at covering the spread, but given their speed, and the fact that I think Saban is gonna want to make an early statement with this game, I'm thinking Michigan is in for a real pounding.

Normally, Bama isn't worth a shit at covering the spread, but given their speed, and the fact that I think Saban is gonna want to make an early statement with this game, I'm thinking Michigan is in for a real pounding.

From behind. I hope. it's always a good day when any Michigan team loses.

:D

Auburn Tigers!

The AP poll is out and Honey Badger suspension has them ranked 3rd unlike 1st in the coaches poll that was polled before the incident. AP has Southern Cal #1 and Alabama #2

AP top 25

1. Southern Cal
2. Alabama
3. LSU
4. Oklahoma
5. Oregon
6. Georgia
7. Florida State
8. Michigan
9. South Carolina
10. Arkansas
11. West Virgina
12. Wisconsin
13. Michigan State
14. Clemson
15. Texas
16. Virginia Tech
17. Nebraska
18. Ohio State
19. Oklahoma State
20. TCU
21. Stanford
22. Kansas State
23. Florida
24. Boise State
25. Louisville

SEC fans are going to hate this, but the writer makes some really good points:
http://www.thepostgame.com/commenta...sto-southern-secession-chuck-thompson-sec-bcs

I don't hate it, but here's some other points to consider:

1) Every conference has their share good teams versus bad. If you look at his stats and throw out the results from Vandy, Ky, Miss St and Ole Miss, you see a different picture.

2) The SEC has won the last the 6 NC's. Has another conference ever done that? More impressively is the fact those 6 NC's were won
by 5 different teams. How many other conferences can say they have 5 different teams that have won a football NC at some point?

3) Going back even further, other SEC teams have won NC's in football. Tennessee, Georgia, and going way back, both Mississippi teams.

For all the SEC haters out there, the best way to even the playing field is simple; fire the NCAA commissioner, Mark Emmert. Here's a prediction, once that man is gone, the NCAA will start investigating LSU and Bama.

America's Line (I see it in my local paper every morning) has Alabama favored by 12. :2 cents:

i go to a site that has the top ten betting sites line...and they have nothing yet..that line will change.

I don't hate it, but here's some other points to consider:

1) Every conference has their share good teams versus bad. If you look at his stats and throw out the results from Vandy, Ky, Miss St and Ole Miss, you see a different picture.

2) The SEC has won the last the 6 NC's. Has another conference ever done that? More impressively is the fact those 6 NC's were won
by 5 different teams. How many other conferences can say they have 5 different teams that have won a football NC at some point?

3) Going back even further, other SEC teams have won NC's in football. Tennessee, Georgia, and going way back, both Mississippi teams.

For all the SEC haters out there, the best way to even the playing field is simple; fire the NCAA commissioner, Mark Emmert. Here's a prediction, once that man is gone, the NCAA will start investigating LSU and Bama.

another way to look at it...when you recruit these star players it shows up on saturday...you must ask yourself...if i was 18 and seen a chance to get in the nfl....playing for les miles or nick saban...is kinda like making a movie for stephen king

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
What are everyone's predictions for the Missouri/Georgia game? This will be Missouri's first SEC game and I think it will be kind of cool to see. It will be a close first half but I think Georgia will pull away, 35-21 Bulldogs is my guess.

The past decade Vandy is 33-83 with one winning season, Kentucky is 57-66 with 5 winning seasons, MSST is 47-74 with 3 winning seasons and a loss to a 1AA school (Maine 2002), Mississippi is 55-76 with 4 winning seasons, also with a loss to a 1AA team (Jacksonville St. 2010). I'm not debating that the higher ups aren't good, but those teams you listed are about as bad as you can get, and can't simply be tossed aside because they don't fit your argument. With the addition of Texas A&M and Missouri, the overall quality is greatly aided, however.

The Big Ten has 8 teams that claim national championships. They are: Michigan (11), Ohio State (7), Minnesota (6), Michigan State (6), Nebraska (5), Penn State (2), Iowa (1), and Illinois (5). The Pac-12 has 6, they are: USC (11), California (5), Washington (2), Colorado (1), UCLA (1), and Stanford (1). However, you're point was addressed in the article (the self fulfilling prophecy part).

MSST has never, ever won a national championship. They've only one SEC championship for that matter (1941). Mississippi's last legitimate national title hope was 1970. They're recent history has already been addressed, though. Tennessee hasn't been particularly good the past decade either at 75-52, especially in light of there run from '89 to '01, where they never won less than 8 games.

MSST has never, ever won a national championship. They've only one SEC championship for that matter (1941). Mississippi's last legitimate national title hope was 1970. They're recent history has already been addressed, though. Tennessee hasn't been particularly good the past decade either at 75-52, especially in light of there run from '89 to '01, where they never won less than 8 games.

MSST was awarded a National Championship by some entity in 1941, but I don't remember which one. A lot of people don't realize that the NCAA does not crown a National Champion in division 1 football. A number of different entities have done this throughout the history of the sport, but most people generally only recognize one or two of these entities as legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.