• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2012/2013 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 days 'til liftoff! So glad college football is back :)

another way to look at it...when you recruit these star players it shows up on saturday...you must ask yourself...if i was 18 and seen a chance to get in the nfl....playing for les miles or nick saban...is kinda like making a movie for stephen king

Hey smoknn......what do you think about Mississippi State +17 1/2 at Nebraska? I know Reif graduated but that still seems to me like a pretty tempting point spread.

Normally, Bama isn't worth a shit at covering the spread, but given their speed, and the fact that I think Saban is gonna want to make an early statement with this game, I'm thinking Michigan is in for a real pounding.

I agree.

You looked in the right place, you just didn't find it. Right now, I don't have time to find the link again. I'll do it Friday or Saturday.

Did my own digging, Minnesota was awarded the 1941 national championship. Here's my supporting arguments:
http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/champions_national.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleg...poll_championships_.281936.E2.80.93present.29
http://www.rauzulusstreet.com/football/college/collegechampionship.htm
http://collegefootball.about.com/od/nationalchampions/a/champions-list_3.htm

8 days 'til liftoff! So glad college football is back :)

Hey smoknn......what do you think about Mississippi State +17 1/2 at Nebraska? I know Reif graduated but that still seems to me like a pretty tempting point spread.

I agree.

sup bodie damn that is a lot of points...on opening day. someone said bama was 12 over michigan..where are you guys getting lines..none are out where i play?

sup bodie damn that is a lot of points...on opening day. someone said bama was 12 over michigan..where are you guys getting lines..none are out where i play?

I do believe I'm going to have to make a donation and take those 17 1/2 points.

My online book has had lines listed for at least the last week, maybe more. The first time I checked them was a week ago.

ok southern miss and neb got ya.....looking at that one

1) I don't have the time nor patience to read all that.

2) I never claimed MSST won THE national championship. I stated they were awarded a national championship by an organization that most did not recognize as legitimate.

This was/is not uncommon. In years past, there have been controversies as to who got the NC and various organizations would give out their own awards. Auburn is a good example. Officially, Auburn has 2 national championships, but have been awarded championships on 8 separate occasions.

As I said yesterday, I will find the link Friday or Saturday and you can check it out.

2) I never claimed MSST won THE national championship. I stated they were awarded a national championship by an organization that most did not recognize as legitimate.

This was/is not uncommon. In years past, there have been controversies as to who got the NC and various organizations would give out their own awards. Auburn is a good example. Officially, Auburn has 2 national championships, but have been awarded championships on 8 separate occasions.

As I said yesterday, I will find the link Friday or Saturday and you can check it out.
Don't worry about it, I found it:

The 1940 Mississippi State Bulldogs finished the season 10-0-1 and defeated Georgetown 14-7 in the 1941 Orange Bowl, with key wins over Florida, Alabama, and Ole Miss, while tying with Auburn 7-7. The Bulldogs finished ranked #9 and Minnesota was named national champions by all major polls. Some Bulldog fans retroactively claim the 1940 season as a national championship for Mississippi State, but the university neither claims nor acknowledges the feat.

Some fans are not an organization. As I said, if it were by some poll from back then, the university would acknowledge it some way, shape, or form.

... if it were by some poll from back then, the university would acknowledge it some way, shape, or form.

Not necessarily. Auburn doesn't claim those other 6 NC's they were awarded by different organizations. Although, 2 of them, they should, 1983 and 2004.

DR. B

Closed Account
Mo Isom didn't make the LSU Football team :(

I got $200 on Bama beating Michigan. Michigan homers ftw.

i hope you caught that train early..the line is up to 14 now?...i be damn if i see 14?? i wanna comment on something i said a long time ago that wound up just like i said..his name was doug flutie...before the game started i said...if boston college had the ball last .if bama was going to win they better be 9 points ahead. they wasnt and they lost in the last 3 minutes. i say the same thing in this one..if michigan has the ball last bama better be 9 points up....i like the points man. i guess the only thing we will ever agree on is seattle got screwed in the super bowl vs pitt lol im taking the 14...i just dont see bama where i seen them the last 3 years this is SO not the team that beat lsu last year. if we get out with a win and keep that jet michigan has on the ground i will be happy.

i hope you caught that train early..the line is up to 14 now?...i be damn if i see 14?? i wanna comment on something i said a long time ago that wound up just like i said..his name was doug flutie...before the game started i said...if boston college had the ball last .if bama was going to win they better be 9 points ahead. they wasnt and they lost in the last 3 minutes. i say the same thing in this one..if michigan has the ball last bama better be 9 points up....i like the points man. i guess the only thing we will ever agree on is seattle got screwed in the super bowl vs pitt lol im taking the 14...i just dont see bama where i seen them the last 3 years this is SO not the team that beat lsu last year. if we get out with a win and keep that jet michigan has on the ground i will be happy.

I'm not playing the line, I have a bet with a friend who is a huge Michigan fan. However, I will put a few bucks on Bama to beat the spread. I don't have any faith in Michigan to cover.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.

That is a good article. Those who hate Notre Dame football so much need to acknowledge the things in this article are true.

It would be much easier to like ND if their fans weren't so snooty and uppity. That is why most people hate the Irish. A majority of your fan base is fucking intolerable. I've seen it in West Lafayette when they play here and in South Bend.

I root against the Irish as hard as I root for my Boilermakers. And I will continue to revel in ND's failures on the football field. Opposing fans don't give a flying fuck about your admission standards or your uncompromising values. All I care about is watching some other team kick the shit of the Irish on Saturdays. That will never cease to be entertaining.

It would be much easier to like ND if their fans weren't so snooty and uppity. That is why most people hate the Irish. A majority of your fan base is fucking intolerable. I've seen it in West Lafayette when they play here and in South Bend.

I root against the Irish as hard as I root for my Boilermakers. And I will continue to revel in ND's failures on the football field. Opposing fans don't give a flying fuck about your admission standards or your uncompromising values. All I care about is watching some other team kick the shit of the Irish on Saturdays. That will never cease to be entertaining.

So, shall we make it two dinners for me when the Irish beat the Boilermakers in a couple weeks?

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Man, I hope Sparty hangs on for this one.

I'd root for Nazi Germany if they played Boise State. Can't fucking stand the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.