• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2009 Mock NFL Draft

USC QB Mark Sanchez is so overrated, it's not even funny. IMO, he's no better than a third or fourth round draft choice. I don't care what Mel Kiper says.

Let me tell you about Mel Kiper. In 1989, the Dallas Cowboys had the first pick of the draft. Kiper said that the Cowboys made a mistake with their first pick and should have taken Tony Mandarich. Who did the Cowboys take? Some fellow named Troy Aikman.

Need I say more?

USC QB Mark Sanchez is so overrated, it's not even funny. IMO, he's no better than a third or fourth round draft choice. I don't care what Mel Kiper says.

Let me tell you about Mel Kiper. In 1989, the Dallas Cowboys had the first pick of the draft. Kiper said that the Cowboys made a mistake with their first pick and should have taken Tony Mandarich. Who did the Cowboys take? Some fellow named Troy Aikman.

Need I say more?

My concern with Sanchez isn't that Kiper thinks he might be good, because everybody no matter how good or bad they are at scouting out picks misses with draft picks now and again. A greater concern about him would be the fact teams only have a year's worth of tape to watch on him so he's very risky. Taking some lineman is almost always a safer choice. Not that they don't bust either, but at least it's a better chance of getting a decent player. The situation even becomes more risky when you take into account a lot of people see next years quarterback class in the draft as stronger than this one.

My concern with Sanchez isn't that Kiper thinks he might be good, because everybody no matter how good or bad they are at scouting out picks misses with draft picks now and again. A greater concern about him would be the fact teams only have a year's worth of tape to watch on him so he's very risky. Taking some lineman is almost always a safer choice. Not that they don't bust either, but at least it's a better chance of getting a decent player. The situation even becomes more risky when you take into account a lot of people see next years quarterback class in the draft as stronger than this one.

I totally agree with you about next year's quarterbacks.

I think this is all about $$$$ anyway. Sanchez probably figures he's not going to get as big a contract next year as this year, especially with Bradford and McCoy being available next year.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I totally agree with you about next year's quarterbacks.

I think this is all about $$$$ anyway. Sanchez probably figures he's not going to get as big a contract next year as this year, especially with Bradford and McCoy being available next year.

Bingo! Both Bradford and McCoy would likely to be rated ahead of Sanchez so it would figure he'd declare this year. Whether he ends up being another Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart is the question.

Bingo! Both Bradford and McCoy would likely to be rated ahead of Sanchez so it would figure he'd declare this year. Whether he ends up being another Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart is the question.

I think he'll wind up as another Matt Leinart. That is, he'll be a bust.

If you look at the recent history of NCAA QBs that left college early to enter the NFL early, you'll see that they've been busts. Alex Smith, Vince Young, and JaMarcus Russell come to mind.