• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2009 Mock NFL Draft

1 Detroit Lions
2 St. Louis Rams
3 Kansas City Chiefs
4 Seattle Seahawks
5 Cleveland Browns
6 Cincinnati Bengals
7 Oakland Raiders
8 Jacksonville Jaguars
9 Green Bay Packers
10 San Francisco 49ers
11 Buffalo Bills
12 Denver Broncos
13 Washington Redskins
14 New Orleans Saints
15 Houston Texans
16 * San Diego Chargers
17 New York Jets 9 7
18 Chicago Bears
19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
20 Detroit Lions (from Dallas)
21 * Arizona Cardinals
22 * Philadelphia Eagles
23 * Minnesota Vikings
24 New England Patriots
25 * Atlanta Falcons
26 * Miami Dolphins
27 Baltimore Ravens
28 * Philadelphia Eagles (from Carolina)
29 * Indianapolis Colts
30 * New York Giants
31 * Pittsburgh Steelers
32 * Tennessee Titans

*subject to change due to playoffs

The Lions will probably go after Sam Bradford, and will promptly turn him into the next big name loser quarterback of the NFL.

Would St Louis take Tebow or Stafford? I think they need a QB too. St Louis could run a little option/Wildcat with Tebow and Stephen Jackson.

The Raiders might take Taylor Mays--not sure if they actually need him but they need to rediscover the Raider Mystique and nobody other than Rey Maualuga embodies the Raider Mystique quite like Taylor Mays, imo.

I think Denver should try to get Mays based on their needs...or the Saints should try to trade up to get him too.

I think Sam Bradford will be #1 overall and go to the Lions

Detroit will take Andre Smith from Alabama 1st overall. I think Bradford will go to St Louis. I would like to see the 49ers take a qb in the first round too.

There is not a chance in hell the BEARS will get Tebow. So Tebow will go #1 to Motown. I see nothing but good things ahead for Detroit with Mr. Tebow at the helm. This year has good draft choices.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
As crappy as the Lions are, they should get 1-10.

Tebow will have to change positions in the NFL.

I totally agree. Tebow wont even go in the first round. He is not a pro caliber QB. If he even goes into the draft this year(which i think he wont)he is projected to go in the 3rd round!

I totally agree. Tebow wont even go in the first round. He is not a pro caliber QB. If he even goes into the draft this year(which i think he wont)he is projected to go in the 3rd round!

After Russell and Young, the running QB stock is very low...

Tebow is staying in college....i can almost guarantee that

Detroit will take Bradford/Stafford.....but they SHOULD take Andre Smith

Just because Tebow doesn't seem like he would be an NFL caliber QB it doesn't mean he can't do it. I've heard of other players that were supposed to be incapable to make it in the NFL because they lacked certain characteristics. Zach Thomas was supposed too small to be a linebacker in the NFL, yet he led the AFC in tackles several times. I think he should be given the chance to prove that he's got what it takes to be a QB in the NFL. If he doesn't have it, then he doesn't have it.

Haha...Tebow first overall. That's funny. Maybe 1st in the 3rd round.
If the Lions could get Tebow in the 3rd round, then I would go for it. By then they will have added to their D and O-line. Hopefully.

I think this is the year the Lions can start to turn it around and become a respectable franchise again.

I think this is the year the Lions can start to turn it around and become a respectable franchise again.

Um, that implies that they were a respectable franchise once. :rolleyes:

kuruption

Closed Account
Tebow will have to change positions in the NFL.

I agree. He got mad at Mel Kiper a couple of days ago for saying the same thing, but Kiper is right. Look at Eric Crouch, he didn't agree that the Rams wanted to make him a WR and where is he now? Tebow is a much better player than Crouch, but if Tebow sticks with being a QB he would be like a third stringer.

People, Tebow is not a great NFL QB prospect. If he stayed around in college one more year and worked on his pocket passing and accuracy, he would be a 2nd round pick at best for QB. If he comes this year probably 3rd or 4th round if not later.

I think the Lions should grab an O-lineman. Thats what they need the most. You could put Peyton Manning back there right now and he would suck with that O-Line protecting him.

I think they should draft a couple O-Lineman (two in the first round) and if Mark Sanchez from USC dosent declare this year, go after him next year.

I thought Orlovsky did a solid job with the protection he had. If I was Detriots GM I would give him another shot with a better O-line and see what he can do.

I just dont want to see them ruin a young QB by throwing in the middle of the fire. Exceptions are Ryan and Flacco. QB's who can do that are few and far between.

Watch the Lions draft Crabtree though :1orglaugh

My Chiefs need a lot of things, but I'd say stud pass rusher or another offensive lineman have to be near the top of the heap. Conventional wisdom on a Chiefs site I hang around is that some WR named Crabtree will be the pick, but we'll see.

Unfortunately, we can't draft what we REALLY need- a new head coach.

H