• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

100 Worst Britons

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Sorry - feeling a bit bored, so I started digging up those "100 greatest" lists (which usually have the flavour of the month ahead of a classic), and stumbled on this:

100 Worst Britons We Love To Hate – The Results!

At number one (drumroll please) Tony Blair

followed by:

#2 Jordan
#3 Margaret Thatcher
#4 Jade Goody
#5 Martin Bashir
#6 Gareth Gates
#7 Alex Ferguson
#8 'H' from Steps
#9 Gerri Halliwell
#10 The Queen
Liam Gallagher
Chris Evans
Victoria Beckham
Rik Waller
Anthea Turner
Bernard Manning
Robbie Williams
Peter Stringfellow
Neil and Christine Hamilton
Jim Davidson
Charlotte Church
Darren Day
Lady Victoria Hervey
Prince Charles
Anne Robinson
Edwina Curry
Chris Moyles
Jamie Oliver
Cliff Richard
Max Clifford
The 3AM Girls
Naomi Campbell
Simon Cowell
Sara Cox
Harry Potter
Tara Palmer Tomkinson
James Hewitt
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Catherine Zeta Jones
Prince Edward
Tracy Emin
Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen
Mick Hucknall
Michael Winner
Pete Waterman
Prince Naseem Hamed
Ainsley Harriot
Trinny and Susannah
Peter Mandleson
Ken Livingstone
Darius Danesh
Amanda Holden
Zoe Ball
Martine McCutcheon
Elton John
Ant and Dec
Alisdair Campbell
Ozzy Osbourne
Byers and Moore
Richard Madely
Vinnie Jones
Alan Titchmarch
Countess of Wessex
Chris Tarrant
Ben Elton
Jeremy Clarkson
Jeremy Spake
Carol Vorderman
David Dickinson
Frank Skinner
Paul Burrell
Tom Jones
Sarah Ferguson
Carol Smilie
Liz Hurley
Princess Anne
Guy Ritchie
Delia Smith
Jonny Vaughn
Peter Tatchell
Sting
Gordon Ramsay
Mick Jagger
Damien Hirst
Julie Burchill
Richard Branson
John Prescott
Judith Chalmers
Cherie Blair
Nigella Lawson
David Beckham
Will Young
Vanessa Feltz
Anne Widdecombe
Davina McCall
Chris Eubank
Lord Irving
Craig David
Iain Duncan Smith
#100 Atomic Kitten

Full details here:

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/britons/results.html

I was wondering - does a similar US-based poll exist?

member20672

Closed Account
Icola said:
if a US poll existed it would be politcians, goverment authority and maybe Tom Cruise.
Rep bump for that.:1orglaugh

Back to the subject. Whats with Gerri being so high on the list? She must really annoy you guys/girls.:eek:

member20672

Closed Account
Civickiller80 said:
Glad to see that Jennifer Ellsion and Rachel Stevens are not on that list but why is Liz Hurley on that List...
Maybe they got tired of seeing all those beach shots of her topless and sunbathing.:dunno:

BNF

Ex-SuperMod
It's great and strange that the UK and US tend to do this kind of list with so much thought.

...but Liz Hurley?! C'mon! :D

The lists abit short I could make one of at least a thousand.

Oh and someones just asked me if that Tony Blair is tunsty's real name:rofl2:

om3ga

Nice to know Rik Waller hasn't been forgotten ..... but no Michael Barrymore or Gary Glitter on the list (unless I'm going blind)?

In case you're wondering who Rik Waller is:

Rik Waller, is best known for being a finalist on the British version of Pop Idol. During the competition, Rik was told by Simon Cowell that he was "too fat to be an idol". Following the show, Rik signed a one-album contract with EMI worth £400,000, with his first single being a cover of Dolly Parton's I Will Always Love You.

Although Rik initially won public admiration on Pop Idol due to his large size, this soon evaporated when his personal frailties were exposed, when he took part in such programmes as Celebrity Fit Club and Back To Reality. He suffered the ultimate indignity in October 2004 when the Devon concert on his UK tour was cancelled due to only two tickets being sold for the event. His second album Innocence was released in July 2005.

Last edited:
americanharley said:
Back to the subject. Whats with Gerri being so high on the list? She must really annoy you guys/girls.:eek:

She does Harley might have something to do with all the 'look at me I'm lovely and have loads of talent for getting my picture in the paper'.This is because the only thing she has going for her really is what she put away.This happened when she got into that really untalented girl group with the 4 other non-talent women.So to sum her up the only talent she has is in her bra.

But to be honest #2 Jordan would be in the first 50 spots for me.Celeb wanabee is the worst excuse of a person I've ever known.

Edit:

#5 Martin Bashir

This man should never be on this list he showed just what Michael Jackson is on worldwide TV.He should have a medal just for that alone confirming everything I knew already.

om3ga

Nice to know our "First (freebie) Lady" - aka Cherie Blair made the list........:)

Um.....Actually the list of "British people we don't hate" might have been shorter....I mean, 10 ok, 20 I can take it, 30 it's already too much...but 100? But I must agree on your No 1 :) Must admit I don't know half of your list though.....

om3ga said:
Nice to know our "First (freebie) Lady" - aka Cherie Blair made the list........:)

You mean I'll make as much money on my free holiday's with my husband as I can Mrs Blair.The only women who goes doing highly over paid lectures while supposed to be only there with her husband as support to him while he works.I can't see what got you on her case for:1orglaugh

om3ga

Rastagir said:
Um.....Actually the list of "British people we don't hate" might have been shorter....I mean, 10 ok, 20 I can take it, 30 it's already too much...but 100? But I must agree on your No 1 :) Must admit I don't know half of your list though.....

Hmm...I'm wondering why "The 3AM Girls" are on the list - unless I'm mistaken they're celebrity reporters for the Daily Mirror (one of our tabloid press).

And what has Anthea Turner done recently, unless people haven't forgiven her for the 'Flake-gate' scandal (apparently Anthea and her partner Grant Bovey had accepted cash for being photographed eating a chocolate Flake bar during their wedding)?
Full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/901802.stm

Last edited:

om3ga

om3ga

And since we just loove these lists, the BBC has taken it one step beyond (cue "Madness"):

A list of the 10 worst Britons of the last 1,000 years has been put together by historians for BBC History Magazine.

1900-2000: Oswald Mosley (1896-1980)
He was elected as an MP for first the Conservatives and then Labour before becoming disillusioned with mainstream politics and founding the British Union of Fascists (BUF) in 1932.

1800-1900: Jack the Ripper
The name given to a serial killer believed to be responsible for the murders of at least four prostitutes in Whitechapel, East London, in the second half of 1888. His identity has never been established.

1700-1800: Prince William Augustus, Duke of Cumberland (1721-65)
A younger son of King George II, he was given the nickname "Butcher" for the merciless manner in which he defeated the Young Pretender, Prince Charles Edward Stuart, at the Battle of Culloden in April 1746 and quelled the Jacobite Rising.

1600-1700: Titus Oates (1649-1705)
In 1678 he made up a story about a Catholic plot to murder King Charles II which led to scores of people being rounded up and several innocent men being executed. He was later convicted of perjury and jailed.

1500-1600: Sir Richard Rich, Lord Rich of Leighs (1496/7-1567)
Throughout his life he shifted his political and religious allegiances to further his career. During Henry VIII's reign he gave evidence against Sir Thomas More and Bishop John Fisher which helped to convict them of treason, for which they were executed.

1400-1500: Thomas Arundel (1353-1414)
Archbishop of Canterbury in 1397 and from 1399 until his death, he persecuted the Lollards, a group calling for reform of the Catholic Church by promoting a lay priesthood and translations of the Bible.

1300-1400: Hugh Despenser (The Younger) (died 1326)
He became one of the richest men in the kingdom by ruthlessly eliminating his enemies and greedily seizing land in South Wales. He was executed as a traitor.

1200-1300: King John (1167-1216)
He captured and apparently murdered his nephew, Arthur of Brittany, who was his rival for the throne after the death of Richard the Lionheart in 1199.

1100-1200: Thomas Becket, Archbishop of Canterbury (c.1120-70)
He divided England by quarrelling with King Henry II over the rights of the church. He was assassinated by four knights from Henry's court in Canterbury Cathedral.

1000-1100: Eadric Streona (died 1017)
King Aethelred II's chief counsellor betrayed his country by switching sides when the Danish king Cnut invaded England in 1015.

Details here:

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4561624.stm

Superfly

Closed Account
I would like to express how cool i think Mick Jagger is & how he doesnt belong there! Everyone else i agree with :thumbsup:

What is Maggie doing on that list(Not being serious).

In all seriousness why is Jodie Marsh not on it.

Liam Gallagher is not that bad, CZJ shouldn't be on the list, neither should Atomic Kitten or Liz Hurley.

They shoul dbe replaced by the afformentioned Jodie, Kerry Katona and Dr. Neil Fox(Radio DJ).

om3ga

jumbo_jim said:
What is Maggie doing on that list(Not being serious).

In all seriousness why is Jodie Marsh not on it.

Liam Gallagher is not that bad, CZJ shouldn't be on the list, neither should Atomic Kitten or Liz Hurley.

They shoul dbe replaced by the afformentioned Jodie, Kerry Katona and Dr. Neil Fox(Radio DJ).

For ruining Eternal Flame, I would have sent Atomic Kitten (including Ms Katona) on a one-way trip to the North Pole.
But I feel strongly about crap cover versions.......:)