• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

"You got it brotha!!"

Okay.. I've noticed a trend over the past six weeks or so, with guys using the term "brotha / brother." My Manager used it with at least two people that work in my office, during a Staff Conference a few weeks ago. I was at a Midas shop to get an ABS indicator light checked out, and the service technician used the SAME TERM with me, while closing out the service ticket.

So - what is the deal with dudes calling other dudes "brotha / brother?" And, in cases of the Midas guy, someone they barely know?? Is this from a tv series or something?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Re: "You got it brotha!!"

I’m a Californian so I use “Dude” like the blacks use “Gnome sayin”. As far as “Brother” that might have gotten started in Tampa, Florida.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Re: "You got it brotha!!"

Someone just literally PM'd me saying Brother, will you delete my account?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Any other thoughts? (I'm NOT buying the ANCIENT "Hulkster" video!)

I remember the term becoming popular in the early 90s. I never watched wrestling or Hulk Hogan, but is that when he became popular and used the term?

A lot of techies and stock/option traders I deal with use (over use) the term nowdays.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Any other thoughts? (I'm NOT buying the ANCIENT "Hulkster" video!)

You should, that's eactly where it comes from. All trends fade and come back. Look at all the beards. That was a 70's thing. Its back. Bush, it came back. It all comes back.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
It pleases me to no end that your gif avatar doesnt animate, Adam. lol