• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

XBOX 360 HDD size - how much do I really need?

I'm looking at an XBOX 360. I'll use it for mostly vintage arcade games from XBOX live, but will also buy some new games as well. I'm sure I'll buy more games as I get deeper into the deal, but I'm really starting out with it a console to play the old arcade games available from XBOX Live.

Is the 20 gig HDD going to be enough, or do I need to pop for the machine with the 120 gig HDD? Since they both have HDMI ports, that's not an issue. I'm not worried about the cable included in the Elite. How 'bout it guys? I find refurb standard XBOX 360 kits all the time for $200. Is it enough for what I want to do?

I've been using a 20 gig HDD since January and after 16 games, some downloadable content for some of those games, and a couple of Xbox Live Arcade games I still have about 8.5 gigs left on the HDD. Eventually I'll get a bigger HDD but it all depends on what you're planning to do with the Xbox. If you're going to be downloading movies, tv shows and other video content then I would definitely spring for the bigger HDD.

The 20GB is fine if all you do is some occasional DLC and arcade games (although the new size limit might change that).

Personally I am at 5 GB left with about 40 Guitar Hero/Rock Band DLC songs and 15ish arcade games. I am sure I will have to delete all of the videos and stuff off the HDD eventually, but it seems fine for now.

Namreg

Banned
i'm not sure how it is wit the xbox, but with the PS3 you can use an external USB drive to store movies/music and keep the internal drive reserved for games.

there's also mods like this one:
http://games.gearlive.com/playfeed/article/xbox-360-sata-adapter-03311407/

it's a shame that MS doesn't allow users to upgrade the HDD on their own, and that their drives are so expensive.

Namreg

Banned
i'm not sure how it is wit the xbox, but with the PS3 you can use an external USB drive to store movies/music and keep the internal drive reserved for games.

there's also mods like this one:
http://games.gearlive.com/playfeed/article/xbox-360-sata-adapter-03311407/

it's a shame that MS doesn't allow users to upgrade the HDD on their own, and that their drives are so expensive.

If your only using it for games then the 20 gig one is fine. Once you start downloading movies, videos, etc. that's when you really start filling up space. Of course, certain games will take up more space than others i.e. Guitar Hero because I assume if you've got that game you'll probably be downloading the extra music tracks for it.

20gig hdd is more than enough imo, you will need it for some games, like Burnout:paradise (to play online0 and Crackdown(to play 2 player) and some which i cant remember now, so you'll be fine with a 20gig.

Just get the 120GB version, you won't regret it. You can just download all the stuff you want without worrying for space.

I would like a bigger hard drive got the standard one that comes with the console (normal 360) package and i know that you can just buy a bigger one and easy transfer data over. the reason i think i want bigger one is i would not mind rent a movie now and then and fancy one or two of the xbox orignals like stubb the zombie.