• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Windows 7

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Am I the only one that feels like they just now got Vista stabilized to the point that it's actually functional?

I have friends that said it was good. I just updated from xp to vista 64. I like how vista look but when it comes to performance it does not compare to xp. I hope the final version of window 7 will better than vista.

I was planning to buy a new laptop this summer, but now I'm waiting until the release of windows 7 so that I can skip vista altogether.

(Please, no more 'eye candy'.). Don't care much for Vista. Yes, I suspect that XP on a 64bit machine will please some, but I only expect it to act like a 32bit system, with its memory limitations etc.
If I wanted 64 bit performance, I'd probably go for Vista (or wait for 7), avoid XP 64-bit as there are not that many drivers and is unlikely to get any better:crash:
^^:helpme:.

(Having said that, I'm still not particularly keen on Vista compared to XP. Roundabouts LOL. :spin:

Windows 7 is a big improvement on Vista. My gf had a Vista machine and pre SP1 it was a total pig. It still is a bit of a mare but a lot of the problems have been sorted.

Vista is dead in terms of marketing and Windows 7 is getting a lot of praise around the blogphere. It is Vista done right with quite a fair few addons to boot. It is the OS that will cause an update to a very old P4 system, although that said the upgrade might be to Snow Leopard.

What do you guys think of it?

From my standpoint, it's probably the best job Microsoft has done with an OS in a long, long time.

Am I the only one that feels like they just now got Vista stabilized to the point that it's actually functional?

Well, that's sort of what they did, only they also took a bunch of the worst parts of Vista (lack of drivers, incompatible hardware etc..) and made sure that didn't happen in the next iteration of the OS. It's a damn fine OS, snappy as hell, and quite a bit lighter on memory than Vista, which is a really nice thing.