• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why did Obama won ?

Why did Obama won ?

• Total voters
So, election's over, Obama gained four more years, Romney's been desrtoyed he didn't won any swing state...
How do you explain it ? What caused such a victory ?

Theres not one issue that decided the election, but I think the biggest theme to this defeat for Romney was the same as the one for McCain in 08. America as a whole no longer identifies with the far right views that are the base of the republican party and Romney (like McCain before him) did too much to cater to that base and not enough to lure the moderates and independents that are needed to win a national election.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
If you look at his history, there's a clear pattern that Romney has of representing and then rerepresenting himself to try and appeal to multiple parties. He's presented himself as Conservative during the primaries and by selecting Ryan as a running mate, but then he moves to the center and alienates both parties at once with how moderate he tries to appear. Romney once said he'd be stronger on gay rights, now he supports a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage. Romney once was about abortions being "safe and legal" and in favor of Roe v. Wade, now he is pro-life. A huge one is Romney's health-care legislation, which is what Obamacare is based on. He touted it when it was the pinnacle for Massachusetts, but disowns it now. He has been unable to remain consistent in any one issue, except that he'd be a better President than Obama.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
It's a lesson the Democrats learned in 2004, you can't be an "Anybody But" party. You have to put up a candidate that you actually believe in. Nobody liked Romney and the only reason he survived the primary is because he let the loud-mouthed neocons and teabaggers wipe the floor with each other. I really hope the insane far right of the republican party takes the opportunity to realize that they're the problem, but alas, it will probably just make them even more belligerent.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Stupid people can vote, that is why.

Also, too few states with too much voting power.
Most states were for Romney.

Interesting argument, Asshat of the year (soon to repeat, I'm betting).

President Obama also won the popular vote. So, by your reasoning he's the true winner. More people in the nation voted for him. Regardless of the electoral college, he's still the winner. Right?

But most people were for Obama. He won both the popularly and electorally. The only way your logic would work out for Romney to win is by ignoring both the popular AND electoral votes and going simply by counting the number of states a candidate carried, effectively reducing each states electoral vote to 1. This would mean that the 37 million people in California would have the same collective voting power as the 520 thousand people in Wyoming. This would be the absolute dumbest idea of all time.

The number of delegates per states depends of the number of people who actually live in the states.
It's not 1 state = 1 vote. This would be stupid 'cause, when it comes to population of the states, California = Texas + Georgia + Utah

georges

Staff member
because minorities supported him and no he doesn't represent the middle class but the ghetto class

If Romney won, he would represent the greedy class. The greedy class who sent America down into a major recession.

No he would've represented the middle class, small business owners and engendered innovation and entrepreneurship. Not load the system with bureaucracy, red tape, and over regulation.

Deepcover

Closed Account
No he would've represented the middle class, small business owners and engendered innovation and entrepreneurship. Not load the system with bureaucracy, red tape, and over regulation.

And what about the poor? Which everyone and you and including myself have forgotten to mention. Romney nor Obama have said anything about the poor and the reality as of right now in America is poverty. Poverty needs to be addressed immediately because it's rising steadily. I am concerned about that.

The richest one percent got 93% percent of the income. Not wealth but income and yet millions of Americans of all creeds and colors living in poverty as of right now is disgusting. If I was an American I would not be happy about that.