• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Which American Bank Company are you a member of?

Hey there,
I'm planning of moving to the US but I'm thinking of which Bank Company I should join , so maybe some advice from people on this board could help?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Not enough information. What are you going to be doing, opening/running a business? Will you be traveling from state to state or country to country quite a bit? Are you going to be doing heavy transfers from one country to another? Do you want to be able to trade securities? Do you want or need private banking? Do you just want to be able to access your money, or will you need to borrow money at some point?

If you just want a place to park a relatively small sum of money and be able to access it by ATM or teller, pick whichever one that's most prevalent in the area where you're going to live and has the lowest fees. It really doesn't matter. As long as it's FDIC insured... doesn't matter. :dunno:

Don't use them. They're all run by the NWO!!! :eek:

Keep all your money under your mattress or in the freezer like I do.

biomech

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
None, I stay away from bank's. Credit Union's are the way to go.

Facetious

Moderated
Q: Which American Bank Company are you a member of?

A: A local member owned Credit Union :thumbsup:
You see, when you bank w/ a cred union, each depositor in a sense "owns" interest in the institution, the advantages are too numerous to list here now, but in a nutshell, the credit unions protect the interests of their members far and away better than "the giant monster mega banks" :1orglaugh. Just gather the account(s) literature, from the giant bank(s) and the same with your local credit union and read the terms of each, you'll see !

If you just want a place to park a relatively small sum of money and be able to access it by ATM or teller, pick whichever one that's most prevalent in the area where you're going to live and has the lowest fees. It really doesn't matter. As long as it's FDIC insured... doesn't matter. :dunno:

A small localized S&L ? :yesyes: I agree.

I'm planning of moving to NYC , but with a Credit Union can I still take money from an ATM or teller cuz isn't a Credit Card payment only? And I've heard you must have a job first to be able to have a Credit Card....

go with a credit union. they have lower interest rates when borrowing. i am not so sure how much better the return rates for your savings would be, probably better than a bank. as for credit cards, just a word to the wise, stick with one, no more than two and use for emergencies only. you can withdrawl money from an ATM, but be careful with that too. scammers are getting to those too to take your pin number. safer to withdrawl from the teller or inside the facility. and now pretty much yes, you should have a job for a credit card.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Credit Unions are good, but with most of them you have to qualify to become a member. Either through a school, employment or some other organization, you can become a member. You can get your money out through an ATM, just like with any bank. But if the ATM network the C/U uses is small, you may have to pay a fee if you use an ATM in another network.

And yeah, generally speaking, you'll either need a job or some source of income to get a credit card. If you don't have income, the question would be, how would you pay the bill? Course, my ex-girlfriend got a $2500 credit card for my cat. And as far as I know, he didn't have a job. :dunno: But that was before things tightened up. I doubt that would happen now.

Another option is a debit card. It works much like a credit card, but you can only spend what you have put in the account. You can get a debit card most anywhere.

Enjoy New York! :hatsoff: