• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What worthless collectibles have you collected over the years?

Ruddiger

temp ban
A few months ago I read a Yahoo! article about 9 worthless collectibles. Here is the link http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pf_article_113722.html

Mentioning such worthless collector's items as Beannie Babies, Thomas Kinkade paintings, Franklin Mint collectible coins and a slew of other worthless collectibles which are "guaranteed" to "go up in value" but you will most likely find 'em in a few years at your local K-Mart bargain bin.

A few 'worthless' collectibles I have collected when I was a kid have been Rick Mirer rookie cards, Akili Smith rookie cards, Shadowhawk comic books, Jim Lee's Wild C.A.T.S., and the issues leading to "The Death of Superman." When I was at a comic convention I was looking through some back issues of Superman and found the issues of Superman's battle with Doomsday being sold for fifty cents each. Argghh!!

The First Rule of Collectibles: Collect them because you like them and not because you think their value will appreciate in the future.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
My comics from the 90's I remember in early 2000 and something I sold two long boxes worth of comics and got a total of $60 for them.

Awesome
kv.gif

i only really collected baseball cards. and that was only a limited time. maybe 4 years until i stopped.
my best most worthy card would be a mario lemieux rookie card..... NOT the o-pee-che one! the regular topps one.

sports cards, mid-90s comics, action figures... most of the stuff i got because i thought it would pay off didnt, but the stuff i got because i thought it was cool DID go up in value