• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the very best toy you had when you were a kid?

Mayhem

Banned
Outdoors: My bike(s). I put some miles on them.

Indoors: Anyone remember Ricochet Rockets? You shot these little cars out of a rifle looking thing across the floor. Build ramps, knock shit over, terrify the cat. Good times.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Lego

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
At about 8, it would have been my Hot Wheels or my G.I. Joes (with Kung Fu grip!). Around 10 it would have been my BB guns (Daisy Red Ryder!). And by 14, it would have been Sandy P. As much as I enjoyed my Hot Wheels and my BB guns, "playing with" Sandy P. was a LOT more fun than either of them. :D

luvsemlarge

Closed Account
I would have to say those COX Line Control Airplanes. My brother and I spent hours upon hours at the school playground flying those planes. We learned on a PT-19 Trainer. Then after one summer we "moved up" and he bought a Wright Flyer.. had to build it and it came with a guy that was in the prone position with goggles and a scarf. Pretty neat plane. I bought a Spifire. I can still remember the smell of that fuel that powered those planes, lol.

Cox-PT-19-Trainer-Control-Line-Model-Airplane.jpg

Facetious

Moderated
OPs... Are you trying to date us? :tongue:

I would have to say those COX Line Control Airplanes. My brother and I spent hours upon hours at the school playground flying those planes. We learned on a PT-19 Trainer. Then after one summer we "moved up" and he bought a Wright Flyer.. had to build it and it came with a guy that was in the prone position with goggles and a scarf. Pretty neat plane. I bought a Spifire. I can still remember the smell of that fuel that powered those planes, lol.

Cox-PT-19-Trainer-Control-Line-Model-Airplane.jpg

OH, the bloody fingers! :hammer:

That was my problem, I smashed most of my toys with a ball & peen.... the one's I didn't set afire that is. :D

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
I think the Talk Boy was the toy I had the most fun with, those things were great!

luvsemlarge

Closed Account
Answering the question, I think my favorites were those bags of green army men.
How many did you blow up with firecrackers? lol... We had tons of those too. My mother (bless her heart) cut up old sheets and made us some parachutes for those guys. We had to tie rocks to them in order to throw them up high enough for the chutes to open because they were too light otherwise. Some got hung up on the telephone wires. We thought that was KEWL!

Probably would have to have been my MarbleWorks set. I had damn near every expansion/add-on set possible. Used to play with that thing for hours, making marble race courses that went from the second story of my house, over the banister, down to the first floor. And then when I would get bored with that I would use the pieces to make fake guns that I would run around the house with.

14637_VAR.jpg

luvsemlarge

Closed Account
My second best toy was the football my dad used to throw with me. We spent hours throwing it back and forth. I wasn't very good at it though. Then one day the neighbor man came over and filled it with air... it was a lot better then.

**sound of drum and simble**

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
G.I. Joe
Strat-O-Matic Baseball
Tabletop hockey
Bas-Ket
Electric football
Fort Apache w/ rubber bands

...and a bunch of other super fun stuff ruined and forgotten by shitty video games.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
My old Playstation, of course.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Answering the question, I think my favorites were my older brother's Mattel Major Matt Mason Collection, my all steel (or almost all steel anyway) Tonka Quarry Dump Truck, the Tonka Dozer, the Tonka articulating Loader tractor, slot cars, and those bags of green army men.

We had a house fire when I was about 13 and all the toys I had got burned up. But I once had a Major Matt too. Thanks for reminding me of him - I'd forgotten all about that one until I saw your post. :hatsoff: