• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest BAD TV series you have watched?

I started to watch "Money Heist: Korea" last night. Uh .. it is the EXACT same story-line as the first "Money Heist" series?! o_O

Do NOT watch it, unless you want to substitute Asians for Spaniards..

I watched .. eight or so episodes of "Justice League" on NFLX. It is animated .. and awful. Superman gets LIT UP by just about ANYTHING?! Including when Dead Eye booby traps a manhole cover with an electricity generating device?! And, both Superman and Wonder Woman don OXYGEN MASKS when underwater, during a few episodes involving Aquaman?? Sure isn't like "Super Friends" when I was growing up..

NFLX will have some Batman anime released on Mon 5/22. I hope THAT is better..

I'm conflicted on this one. It's badly written lines, unlikable/unbelievable characters, and yet I still watch it to see where it goes. It's like Gotham, but they replaced Jim Gordon with Harvey Dent for the adult lead, and then a bunch of teens with an incredible amount of luck and skills. Oh, and they're criminals (one is literally the Joker's daughter), but just within an episode, they develop a conscience and are suddenly fighting crime.

An example of the writing:
The heroes have 4 watches they stole from the bad guys, but they all stopped. When they lay them out on a table, all 4 watches start spinning at the same time, and stopping at the same spot.
"I don't think they're broken. I think they're working perfectly"
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Last edited:

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Not for the characters (some r rather likeable)

Not for the story (it picks up, but took 3 episodes and months for me to just set and get thru the slow part)

But for the investment in each character and ties to Yellowstone as a whole.

The native girl - the story is taking forever and you'll see noh real character dev.

The duttons - noone is likeable except the African safari guy, and once you get used to him, he gets a much more interesting girl to tag along. (Lovely body, btw)

The bad guy - 50 shades of 'just another big bad' to try and control the whole thing.

the henchman - same tone as game of thrones, and doesn't go anywhere.

It's just a starter season that didn't do much, compared to 1883 or Yellowstone.

1883 covered so many bases in just 1 season, it's hard to enjoy the in-between - and Yellowstone is getting tired of itself in season 5 halfway point (November they finish the rest, so the wait is painful)

Sad to say .. but Daryl Dixon. Primarily around Laurent, a purported 12-year old "savior." First BS moment was when they escape Paris on a boat. They overnight at a pre-established base camp, with one of the two adults (other is the Boat Master) keeping watch. While battling with some zombies, he unfortunately gets shish-kabobed on a protrusion from a utility pole. As Daryl takes him out after turning, they pack up camp, and head to the boat. Except it isn't there.. Daryl pulls in the tie-down rope, and it has obviously been cut with a serrated edge of a knife. The "savior" cut away the boat, because he didn't want to leave his friends / everyone he knew..

It gets worse. The sixth / last episode of season 1 - they make their way to a protected area. Daryl calls in his part of the agreement, and departs for a TWO DAY journey North, to meet up with an ocean-going vessel. After he initially leaves the area, he looks back towards it. Maybe a mile away, on a dry river bed? NOTHING ELSE IS VISIBLE.

Two days go by, and they show Daryl on a sea cliff. He jumps and waves to a boat on the horizon. It signals him that it sees him. His commotion has stirred up .. 48 or so zombies. He takes out .. 12 or so, and gets down to the beach. As he approaches the water .. he hears his name being called. He turns around .. and sees the prodigy near the sea cliff he just descended.

So .. you're telling me a 12-year old boy RAISED IN A NUNNERY, can travel for two days with no food / water, through zombie-infested territory ON HIS OWN?? WTF..

Finally got around to watching the first episode of Amazon's Transparent. Premiering in 2014, it stars Jeffrey Tambor as Maura Pfefferman-- a divorced L.A. father with three fucked-up Gen Y kids who is carrying a not-so-shocking-in-this-day-and-age secret. I coasted through the pilot with the gentle ease of a kid at his first dentist appointment, but I got to the end, with no real interest in seeing any more of it. Think Shameless without the fun and frolic. Also, think of a mission statement hiding in comedy clothing. GLAAD certainly loved it. Hollywood loved it. The alphabet folks loved it. I didn't. Tambor is talented, and the cast was pretty skilled at this acting stuff. But exposing me to a banal comedy with so much PC overkill it could start a world war does not an entertained mailman make. Also stars Gaby Hoffman, Amy Landecker, Jay Duplass, and Judith Light. Expect to see a lot of cameos from real-life LGBTFGRDXSCEA people. Not for me. Exit...stage left.
WHAT'S THE POINT: Clementine Creevy shows her tits; Amy Landecker briefly shows her ass; Gaby Hoffman gets fully naked, and stands in front of a mirror, sporting the worst merkin ever created by humankind.
GRADE: D+

Peacock has this new show Mr. Throwback that you might have heard of. It's best described as a mockumentary/mockuRealityTV comedy starring stand-up comics turned actors Adam Pally, Ayden Mayeri, and Ego Nwodim. Oh, and NBA star Steph Curry as...Steph Curry. Of course, Curry has a lot of screen time in the pilot episode, then sort of vanishes thereafter. Pally plays former kid basketball phenom Danny Grossman, a teammate of a young Curry's and potential college standout whose aspirations are set afire when it's revealed that he lied about his age, thus disqualifying him from youth basketball. His life ebbs away after that, fixing him into a wedge of divorce, indebtedness and poor decisions. Mayeri plays his ex Sam, who distrusts him...especially when his appeal to Curry for financial aid leads to a scheme of lies, damned lies and statistics. Nwodim plays Curry's assistant and also a childhood friend of Grossman's who doesn't trust him. It starts out cute, but eventually dissolves into a tired array of thud humor and esoteric Gen Y references. You would think three younger comics with comedic experience could produce something better. Maybe they can, but it ain't this. The laughs and giggles will turn into hums and thumb twiddles. Too bad, Warrior fans.
WHAT'S THE POINT? There isn't one. No nudity. A little kooky sex talk.

To the issue: The new FX series English Teacher is a thinly-veiled attempt to poke fun at the wokeness of young culture today. It's thinly-veiled because it is, in fact, a woke show. But it's a well-written woke show...at least as far as the dialogue. Or maybe it seems effective because the dialogue is delivered by some talented young comics. Namely, Brian Jordan Alvarez, Stephanie Koenig and Sean Patton. Then there's Enrico Colantoni who plays Principal Moretti. He's good in this show too. They did the right thing and gave the students some air time, unlike Abbot Elementary. Unfortunately, AE is a better show. Anyway, despite its being fast and sharp with the humor...often being a bit Gen Y specific...it's a show designed for letter people. I'm not a letter person. Yes, I'm sure "I can get a kick out of it regardless because, hey, it's really for everyone", it's really not for everyone. It's a gay comedy romance. Look. I'm liberal and accepting and all of that. But I'm also straight. I'm three episodes in. So I don't wanna hear the cries of "Give It A Chance!!!!!" I did. THREE chances. Call me when it's more like Welcome Back Kotter. You can even keep the gay teacher if you want to. Poll: Who thinks there should be a gay specific cable network? Oh...there is??? Why isn't this on there?
WHAT'S THE POINT: No nudity. Talk of big dicks. Dicks in general. And teenaged girls wanting dicks.