• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What Are Your Favorite Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Gameboy Advance Games?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I will put up some of my favorites.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I'll add more as we go along, but one of my favs on the OG GB was Cosmotank. The music was epic, and the game itself really pushed what the GB could do. 3 Distinct games in 1! One of which was a (quasi) 3D shooter.

And the best part? Despite pushing the envelope on the tech, no bugs or glitches! I never had a single crash or glitch, and I played that game more than the game testers did.

The only downside is that it (like many Old School games) was punishing for its difficulty. There was no save or password feature, and one death (which could come at any time) would knock you down the upgrade tree - making you restart with your little pea-shooter of a weapon. It really made you super-careful when your energy was low, and boy did my hands get sweaty knowing the consequences of losing even a single life. But it was still so much fun.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
So many amazing games on those systems! I don't know where to start! Here's a few off the top of my head:

Gameboy:

Mario Land
Final Fantasy Adventure (actually a Secret of Mana game)
Pokemon TCG
Metroid 2
Links Awakening
Wario Land
Tetris
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (way better than the NES Kid Icarus and no one talks about it)

Thanks for all the great responses, fellas. I’m an older gamer who likes simple games that don’t even require shoulder buttons. Forcing developers to stay within the technological power of these portable systems made for some creative and sometimes great surprise outcomes. I will never grow tired of the Nintendo Portable Systems.

Everdrive or EZ Flash Omega are two really good flash carts you might consider buying.

For those of you who have a Nintendo 3DS the eShop will be closing soon. Get your games ASAP. I just expanded my microSD Card to 32GB and bought some games.

This one was digital download only...

I remember recalling how easy this was. Some levels I could do blindfolded because all you had to do was literally just press right and attack. For Rocksteady, you didn't even have to move, you could just stand there and hit attack, and he would just run into your weapons for you.

Compare that with
1647883355432.png

which was a total wake up call in terms of difficulty, but also a really great game to play.

I remember recalling how easy this was. Some levels I could do blindfolded because all you had to do was literally just press right and attack. For Rocksteady, you didn't even have to move, you could just stand there and hit attack, and he would just run into your weapons for you.

Compare that with
View attachment 956150

which was a total wake up call in terms of difficulty, but also a really great game to play.
Yeah TVStrip. That 1st one was very easy and still a classic. I havent played "Back From The Sewers". im a have to try it out one day. No Doubt.