• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Washing machine and Dryer recommendations

I'm considering getting new ones for black Friday and wondering if you have any recommendations.

Stacking, side-by-side or even combo 2-in-1s - looking for any thoughts & experiences! Thanks!

My suggestion is .. historical (2013!), but READ THE REVIEWS. It seemed like ALL the new machines "conserved water" to the point that the bowl didn't fill, and the clothes didn't get washed.. NOTE: I didn't look at the big-$$$, front-loading washing machines.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I'm considering getting new ones for black Friday and wondering if you have any recommendations.

Stacking, side-by-side or even combo 2-in-1s - looking for any thoughts & experiences! Thanks!
In all honesty strip, these new machines are made like crap. If you have older appliances, You Might in some cases be better off repairing them, and keep them running. I just had to replace a bake ignitor in my stove. It's over 50 years old, and it's the first repair I've had to make. My Aunt's bought it new, and I can't remember them ever having it repaired. It cost me $135.00, but a new range is about $1300.00.

Yeah, I know the feeling - The dryer/washers are old enough to vote and my refrigerator could have finished a PhD by now.
Older appliances don't have all the fancy bells and whistles, but they are built to outlast anything made today.

It's just for the dryer, it's taking hours to dry, and it's so old that I would need a specialized repairman to fix it.

maildude99

Closed Account
The dryer? Did you do the standard, do-it-yourself maintenance? Checking the exhaust hose to see if it's blocked or kinked. Like Day says, self-repair is a good option in a lotta cases. If it ends up being a really big job, a repairman might be a better choice economically. I've had piss-poor luck with pretty much every appliance. Time was a washer-dryer or a fridge was considered to be a long-term stayer. Not anymore. Things are built to break.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Bought a newer one, back when. 2015ish.
Samsung? Nokia? One of the TV manufacturers also made a washer/dryer set.
Was perfectly awesome except we used it in an old house. We turn the microwave on, it goes off.
Voltage irregularities arent taken very well in the newer models, I come to find out after we called the technician out 3x to .. reset? repair? Not sure?

If at all possible, get the simplest and most ancient model. I'm not an expert, but I know enough to recommend older (ANYTHING) works better without extra microchips inside. Unless you want the A.I. to assist you in your wash, your car, your tractor, etc.