• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Video games From Your Childhood

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Anyone ever have one of those video games as a kid that you absolutely adored and played all the time, only to lose it and not play it in years?

A long time ago the rental place in my city (then a small town) had two games for the Nintendo 64 I had never heard of called Goemon's Great Adventure and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. I rented Great Adventure and loved it so much I went out and bought it (amazingly, found it on the first try... I didn't know till years later that it is a very rare game), but it took me a long time to play Mystical Ninja. When I finally did... God, it was incredible. It is like Zelda, only it is in rural Japan, and there are giant robots and stuff. I never had a memory card when I was younger so I always had to restart the game when I turned it off, but I loved it so much I didn't mind.

Eventually, though, the rental place got rid of it, and that was literally the only copy that I saw of that game for over a decade. A little over a month ago I ordered the game off of Amazon, and after a month and a postal strike it finally arrived today!! It's so awesome to be playing this after so many years, it is the exact same way I remember it.

Has anyone else ever had something like this? It's awesome... I feel like a kid again!

(Here's the opening video from Mystical Ninja. Completely hardcore Japanese game... Now that I've seen so much anime I find the opening absolutely music absolutely hilarious)

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
N64 is from your childhood? Fuck I feel old.

There was a formula one game I used to play on NES all the time. It was an over head view of the entire track. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

not so much my childhood but my teen years was road rash. i loved that game and loved playing vs someone else.
but i dont think i ever got farther than 5 or 6 levels.
it wasnt on the PS i think back then it was on the genesis? im not even 100% sure,ill have to look.
is there any road rash game for the PS3 or XBOX anyway? or even one to buy from one of the stores?

I've kept my childhood with me. I still have all my consoles, from SNES to xbox 360 to N64 to Wii.
I love Microsoft and Nintendo, but not keen on Sony.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
The three first Crash Bandicoot games.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
NES - Tecmo Bowl, Contra, and Super Mario Brothers 2.

The games I remember most are the ones I would compete with my mom in. Super Mario, Tetris and Balloon Fight. Whoever had the best score or time had bragging rights until the other beat it. Good times.

Anyone ever have one of those video games as a kid that you absolutely adored and played all the time, only to lose it and not play it in years?

A long time ago the rental place in my city (then a small town) had two games for the Nintendo 64 I had never heard of called Goemon's Great Adventure and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. I rented Great Adventure and loved it so much I went out and bought it (amazingly, found it on the first try... I didn't know till years later that it is a very rare game), but it took me a long time to play Mystical Ninja. When I finally did... God, it was incredible. It is like Zelda, only it is in rural Japan, and there are giant robots and stuff. I never had a memory card when I was younger so I always had to restart the game when I turned it off, but I loved it so much I didn't mind.

Eventually, though, the rental place got rid of it, and that was literally the only copy that I saw of that game for over a decade. A little over a month ago I ordered the game off of Amazon, and after a month and a postal strike it finally arrived today!! It's so awesome to be playing this after so many years, it is the exact same way I remember it.

Has anyone else ever had something like this? It's awesome... I feel like a kid again!

(Here's the opening video from Mystical Ninja. Completely hardcore Japanese game... Now that I've seen so much anime I find the opening absolutely music absolutely hilarious)

That was one of the beat games on the console. I remember the first giant robot boss hard as hell to beat. And you could shrink yourself or something. I rented it non stop but it was stolen from one of my punk as friends :(

NES, my favorite was Mike Tyson Punch Out

I used to have hours of fun with Duck Hunt, i still have the gun that came with the old Nintendo, tho the system is fried now.

Bionic Commando is probly the game i miss most from my childhood. that game was alot of time of fun and frustration (from entering levels i took the wrong weapon into)

I remember playing Mario and Duck Hunt on the NES and Street Fighter 3 on SNES but I was still a little too young to really appreciate those games. The first game that I played at an age when it could completely take over my free time was Goldeneye. Playing as James Bond was awesome and even to this day some of my fondest memories are of staying up all night playing split-screen with friends.

Facetious

Moderated
Re: Video games From Your Childhood

Awesomeness.... the original and best...
Unsurpassed action at its finest!:thumbsup:

:tongue:

Seriously though, when I was growing up, there was a game called ''Centipede" at my local 7-11... Yep, that was a cool game for it's day... you could hardly get to play the thing because it was always occupied.

I used to play the Tecmo(?) RBI Baseball a lot for NES. I probably still would play it if I had it.

I played Doom & Doom II like an addict. I still play them from time to time.