• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Video Game Movies...

Resident Evil -- when i first heard about it i was creaming my pants, one of my favorite video games of all time being turned into a movie, how could this not be a great movie?
my question was answered when they released it
"what the fuck was that" i said to my friend when leaving the cinema, "that wasn't Resident Evil, that was a stupid boring action flick that mentioned things from the game about twice, the company name and the city"
but they hugely improved with the 2nd one... NOT!!!
again "what the fuck is this", this time we got the Nemesis monster and a couple of characters from the game... but still rubbish.

It's a shame that most movies based on video games aren't all that good...

There were some interesting ideas on that list. I especially liked the idea of Planescape: Torment. But why the hell wasn't Fallout on that list?!? :confused:

They manage to mess up vg movies for sport, it seems. SH wasn't bad, but you had to play the games to have a clue what was going on. The dialogue was pretty bad, however.

Silent Hill looks really good.
saw the advert for it and really wanna go see it.
looks like they have stayed true to the game, most times they don't

I think the reason for most lame video game movies is this guy...

Uwe Boll...

uweboll7hx.jpg

He's already 'directed' House of The Dead, Alone in The Dark & Bloodrayne...

Now, he has Postal & FARCRY!!! in the works...:mad:

Apparently its something to do with flop movies making money from a German tax loop hole.

well its a good sign that none of the movies in your link are going to be directed by uwe boll degenerate_jeb

street fighter sucked bigtime. im not really a fan of van damn (correct me about the spelling) coz his acting is way to crappy. wat a shitty way to turn such the fighting genre legend into a movie. i didnt even notice ryu there.

I was pretty dissapointed after Doom to go see Silent Hill, even though the previews looked good, the previews for Doom also looked good. Though I must say that I liked Doom a lot better than either of the Resident Evil movies or even Alien v. Predator.

Rorys

Closed Account
they really need a good video game movie..

Super Mario Bros sucked
House of The Dead sucked
Alone in The Dark was bad
Bloodrayne was worse
Doom sucked even more
Mortal Kombat was OK
Mortal Kombat 2 sucked again
StreetFighter was OK (don't ask)
Resident Evil 1 has his moments
Resident Evil 2 not so many moments
Silent Hill looks good

Last edited:
rorys said:
Doom sucked even more

Even though it could have been much much better i still think it was a decent movie

Red Spyder said:
I was pretty dissapointed after Doom to go see Silent Hill, even though the previews looked good, the previews for Doom also looked good. Though I must say that I liked Doom a lot better than either of the Resident Evil movies or even Alien v. Predator.

I don't know. I didn't like the Doom previews very much either. SH stays very true to the games. It changes the smaller storylines a bit, but only the hardcore geeks didn't like the changes. The biggest problem it has is the talking between characters that doesn't move the plot. A lot of it is weak conversation.

I liked doom. I mean aside from the game being about general asskicking and one of the first first-person shooters, it's not like it was a complex storyline, it was just about killing monsters that were trying to kill you. that's always going to come off as cliche in a movie no matter what, and the only way to make it not so would have been to make the doom movie nothing like the game, which would have sucked even more.

I'm really looking forward to Hitman the movie, with Vin Diesel. I've played the last three games, and I love them!!

I would have really looked forward to FarCry the movie, even though its one of those games thats based on aload of films like Die Hard & Under Siege, it HAD get potential, to fill the time while we wait for Die Hard 4.0. But NO Uwe Boll :)thefinger) has got his grubby mits on the rights to it, so another flop movie so his German backers can pick up some more cash from the German tax loop hole!! Those guys must love him, while he tarnishes really good ideas!:mad:

rorys said:
they really need a good video game movie..

Bloodrayne was worse
Doom sucked even more

No. No no no. Doom was pretty decent. It was basically changed from demons to zombie mutants because to many people would bitch about it. Bloodrayne wasn't even up to the standards of a network made TV weekend movie special.

If that's what you think then what do you think was worse than Doom? I'd say Bloodrayne was the worst movie I ever saw.

Making movies out of games is too hard. You can spend a dozen hours on a single game. All that time can be used to expand the plot. I'm pretty sure most people agree that Final Fantasy 7 (or at least one of them) is one of the best game stories ever. But just try compressing all that detail into 90 minutes. Besides, in a game there's interactivity. You want to advance and explore. Movies are so bland in comparison when it comes to interest in characters and what happens to them (Aries lives!!! :D). Just imagine only being able to watch someone play your favorite game. I'm sure you'd quickly loose interest.

That being said; I'd kill to see Max Payne done well. :bowdown: :D