• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

UFC-74 Couture

the ageless Randy Couture did it again, successfully defending his UFC Heavyweight title against a dangerous foe 16 years his junior, Gabriel Gonzaga, and he did it in spectacular fashion, stopping the Brazilian in the third round in yet another timeless performance for the 44-year old known

This is starting to become a little redundant. A forty-plus fighter gets overlooked and doubted when facing younger foes, yet repeatedly turns the tables with performances that stun fight fans and overturn the odds.

Not once did I ever doubt Randy's abilities, even in his losses. But right now I'm kicking myself for not seeing the fight.

Impressive win by Couture.

I would have liked to seen how the fight would have gone if Gonzagad didn't get his nose broken unintentionally, it definitely disrupted his breathing.

It was almost "Gonzaga Vs. Crocop: Part 2" early in the third round, except he hit with his foot instead of with the inside of his shin. Overall a very entertaining fight, I was hooked within the first 10 seconds when they pounded on each other's faces as soon as the fight began.

Definitly one of the better UFC's.I wanted Randy to win but after Gonzaga got his nose broken,I kind of wanted him to come back.He couldn't even make a fight out of it.I would like to see a rematch between these two.

Oh, and glad to see GSP back in top form.I pray for a rematch between him and Serra so he can get his revenge and kick the living shit out of him.

You would think fighting would be one of the sports where older people would have an even greater disadvantage than in other sports but for some reason it's not that way. There seems to be a lot of fighters that are good past the age of 30 or even some that don't get good until that age. It's probably one of those things where experience means a lot, more than people probably ever realized when it first started.

I love Randy he is my hero! I want to be like him in my forties kicking ass and taking names! Honestly I thought that younger guy= hungry fro that title since losing only means going back to end of the line of contenders. But I am glad Captain America proved me wrong. I believe that Randy's secret is not only his patience and enormous heart that he puts in his fights but also his excellent cardio training after watching UFC All Acess the other night. I can't waith for the upcoming Jackson vs Henderson!

Phaeton

Banned
You would think fighting would be one of the sports where older people would have an even greater disadvantage than in other sports

I disagree.
I'm not a Wrestling fan, but I always put age and experience over youth and exuberance.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
it went the way i knew it would. couture would have been doomed standing on the outside with gonzaga. he played it smart and stayed in the clinch and took it home. would it still have gone the way it did if gonzagas' nose didnt break? i think so, as long as couture didnt try to strike with him.

Just for old times sake, I would like to see Randy vs Royce, Randy vs Mark Coleman or Randy vs Quinton Jackson (is he decided to go for the heavywaight title). More than most likely these will never happen, but one can just wish.

squallumz

Just for old times sake, I would like to see Randy vs Royce, Randy vs Mark Coleman or Randy vs Quinton Jackson (is he decided to go for the heavywaight title). More than most likely these will never happen, but one can just wish.

i was thinking about royce, is he done again? just that one fight against hughes and that was it?

i was thinking about royce, is he done again? just that one fight against hughes and that was it?

I heard he's in another newly formed fighting circuit, that man is ageless too his only problem is relying on jui jitso too much and not incorporating a lot of strikes makes his style kinda obsolete in today's MMA fighters and stand up rules. Randy would beat him but I think it would be a good fight the only problem is that Royce is not a heavyweight, but you can always gain some by eating some cheeseburgers!

squallumz

I heard he's in another newly formed fighting circuit, that man is ageless too his only problem is relying on jui jitso too much and not incorporating a lot of strikes makes his style kinda obsolete in today's MMA fighters and stand up rules. Randy would beat him but I think it would be a good fight the only problem is that Royce is not a heavyweight, but you can always gain some by eating some cheeseburgers!

i dont think royce would feel comfortable as a heavyweight, hes never been a big guy. i think he relies on his jui jitsu because its a statement about the gracie's belied in the principals of jui jitsu: any sized man can take another man of any size with this style. besides, it is HIS style. he has to prove that its the ultimate form of martial arts.