• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

TSA Airport "Security" Makes 4-Yr-Old Remove Leg Braces and WALK Through Scanner

Now if this isn't an outrage, I don't know what is:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/84368492.html

Excerpt:

Did you hear about the Camden cop whose disabled son wasn't allowed to pass through airport security unless he took off his leg braces?

Unfortunately, it's no joke. This happened to Bob Thomas, a 53-year-old officer in Camden's emergency crime suppression team, who was flying to Orlando in March with his wife, Leona, and their son, Ryan.

Ryan was taking his first flight, to Walt Disney World, for his fourth birthday.

The boy is developmentally delayed, one of the effects of being born 16 weeks prematurely. His ankles are malformed and his legs have low muscle tone. In March he was just starting to walk.

Mid-morning on March 19, his parents wheeled his stroller to the TSA security point, a couple of hours before their Southwest Airlines flight was to depart.

The boy's father broke down the stroller and put it on the conveyor belt as Leona Thomas walked Ryan through the metal detector.

The alarm went off.

The screener told them to take off the boy's braces.

The Thomases were dumbfounded. "I told them he can't walk without them on his own," Bob Thomas said.

"He said, 'He'll need to take them off.' "

Ryan's mother offered to walk him through the detector after they removed the braces, which are custom-made of metal and hardened plastic.

No, the screener replied. The boy had to walk on his own.

Leona Thomas said she was calm. Bob Thomas said he was starting to burn.

They complied, and Leona went first, followed by Ryan, followed by Bob, so the boy wouldn't be hurt if he fell. Ryan made it through.

===

:mad:

I love how TSA chalks it up to bad training. Why does someone need training to figure out that this is fucked-up and avoidable????

I'd have kicked up hell over it and got a lawyer and went to town on those fucking hooers at the airport!. It just takes common sense to see the situation at hand. The moment they said no he has to go through alone I'd have snapped and turned into Happy Gilmore.

Thanks to the Bush Crime Syndicate, TSA is just another symptom of many that we've inherited from from those inept NeoCon boobs

Philbert

Banned
This is an old story, it's been all over the News shows and has died a natural death...TSA apologized immediately and admitted there was no reason to remove the braces...
It's just another F-K-ism...:sleep::sleep::sleep:

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
The guy must have watched Forest Gump a few too many times. He probably thought the boy would magically walk on his own and he would be extoled as the man who helped the little boy realized he could walk again.:dunno:

^ or maybe the TSA guard thought that he was Jesus Christ himself and that he could perform miracles and make the boy walk like a normal kid again :dunno:

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
People still fly on TSA? :dunno:

To be fair, the kids leg braces did have "Down With America" stickers all over them. Sooooo...:dunno:

Not to mention they were signed by Saddam and Bin Laden. A signature on each stilt.

Personally I'd put a round between his eyes for being Anti-American!

That kid is Anti-American and stands against every thing that freedom stands for! He hates America!

I know, I read it on a blog. About a month ago. That blog has opened my eyes to the lies of the neocon right and the hypocrisy of George Bush and how he protected crippled kids who hate America!

Every thing in bold is for the neocons to read and realize what they are! :mad:

Grrrrr.... my anger is through the roof! :mad:

To be fair, the kids leg braces did have "Down With America" stickers all over them. Sooooo...:dunno:

Well since the kid was an obvious sympathizer and supporter of the terrorist cell known as the Tea Party then he got what he deserved :dunno:

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Training? You can't fix stupid with training.

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
TSA, most of those employees are jokes. High school drop out with a tiny ass badge that think they can ruin your day. I was passing through El Paso, (the toilet lid of Juarez) and I got pulled aside by TSA, they were scanning me, searched me 3 times. All the while my 5 year old was 20 feet away, on the other side of the partitions, not know why they were searching Daddy. They wouldn't even let him near me. Because you know, all 5 year olds are smuggling nukes.
They didn't even give me a reason for the search. Clearly no one told them the analogy about the barn doors after the horses have left.

TSA, most of those employees are jokes. High school drop out with a tiny ass badge that think they can ruin your day. I was passing through El Paso, (the toilet lid of Juarez) and I got pulled aside by TSA, they were scanning me, searched me 3 times. All the while my 5 year old was 20 feet away, on the other side of the partitions, not know why they were searching Daddy. They wouldn't even let him near me. Because you know, all 5 year olds are smuggling nukes.
They didn't even give me a reason for the search. Clearly no one told them the analogy about the barn doors after the horses have left.

Not only that, but most TSA employees were previously employed at Wal-Mart so now they think they're big hot shots :rolleyes: