• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Top Internet Providers Agree To Police Piracy

I think it's a great thing. I have been directly affected by internet piracy because if record labels and movie studios don't see profits, they don't put on concert tours or film movies, hence no work for stagehands. With the advent of internet piracy, work in my industry has gone from a flood back in the 80's and 90's, down to a trickle today.

That's bullshit. I can't wait until every major artist self releases their albums like NIN and let's buyers pay what they want. Fuck the RIAA.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Yeah, good luck with that. I will continue to download music and movies illegally, consequences be damned.

Fighting the Internet is a lost cause. Instead of fighting piracy, the RIAA could be devising ways to use the Internet to their advantage. Or quit shoving garbage down our throats. I'd like to see the percentage of downloaded music that's played on top 40 radio vs the percentage that isn't. I bet it's a vast, vast majority. You know why? Nobody wants to buy an album with two radio hits and 10 filler pieces of shit.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
Yeah, good luck with that. I will continue to download music and movies illegally, consequences be damned.

That makes 2 of us. I'll probably never buy a CD again in my life. Besides, you can get free music from sites like Youtube if you just have the right add-ons. ;)

As for movies, the smart people know to use foreign sites that host pirated movies.

Besides, you can get free music from sites like Youtube if you just have the right add-ons. ;)

Not that I advocate piracy, but people could even get music legally off the radio before that and they can now. The quality is even better than before depending hon how one gets it.

Interesting. Will be interested to see what kind of impact it has. I don't think it will do a hell of a lot, but you never know. I doubt it will drive people into some buying frnazy/move them back towards CD stores. Like people have said they have shot themselves in the foot trying to fight the internet. They need to embrace the technology. Until they do, they are screwed.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
Not that I advocate piracy, but people could even get music legally off the radio before that and they can now. The quality is even better than before depending hon how one gets it.

I do advocate piracy and I guess I started at a young age because I used to record songs off the radio when I was a kid, but this was back in the pre-CD days........damn I'm getting old :facepalm:

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
You can still buy CD/ DVD copiers.

"Piracy" will never be beat.

I can read books for free. Is that next?

I can also sell, trade, or give away things.

Don Quixote :clap:

people should be allowed to download whatever they wish. period.

what if your media collection is stolen? or ruined by children or a natural disaster?
should we have to pay again, to reclaim what we have already paid for?

first internet poker gone, now this...what a load of crap
how will they regulate us next?

our ancestors fought long and hard to preserve our FREEDOM
thats what this country was built on

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Except that your ancestors stole that country.

what if your media collection is stolen? or ruined by children or a natural disaster?
should we have to pay again, to reclaim what we have already paid for?

Yes. It's called life. Bad things happen. Get used to it or back up your stuff and I dunno -- prepare! -- for something bad to happen. :facepalm: Nobody is guaranteed anything.

our ancestors fought long and hard to preserve our FREEDOM
thats what this country was built on

Oh great another lecture about "Freedom"....sigh. I'm getting tired of hearing about freedom. This country was founded only for white men who weren't serfs or criminals to be "free." Everyone else was not free.

Regulation ensures safety and fairness for consumers.

How are they going to be able to legitimately monitor this? Not all downloading is illegal. For example, what if you are a member of legitimate paysite and down load tons of movies and etc. And this is legit, so it shows that you are using a lot of bandwidth. Granted I see the need to stop piracy but its not going to be easy to stop. They get rid of one of these sharing sites and another appears and etc etc etc.

It also shows that ISP is going to slow speeds, well excuse me I pay my ISP for specific speeds and if they start slowing it at their discreation because of large amounts of bandwidth usage, then a refund should be in order. Because, if a certain speed is promised then they HAVE to fulfill that contract or issue a refund.

Yes, piracy is a problem but until other methods are used it is not easy to stop.

When the record labels are fired, and their upper management is jobless, music will be cheaper and more artists profit.

As it stands right now, its more profitable for a solo artist to stay labeless as long as they can. They keep more of the profits.

http://www.theroot.com/views/how-much-do-you-musicians-really-make
Yeah, let the middlemen and record label take 17$ of that 20$ CD they sold. Or stay labeless and make 10$ per CD at your show, or online. You'll make way more as a beginning artist. No upfront shit you gotta payback, etc...

Its a dieing business model, and the record companies are milking it for all they can.