• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Tony Stewart, you mouthy fat bastard, NEVER take the King's name in vain!

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Tony Stewart, you mouthy fat bastard, NEVER take The King's name in vain!

While I'm not a huge NASCAR fan, I have followed it over the years. And anyone who has ever followed racing knows who and what Richard "The King" Petty is: 7 time NASCAR champion, 7 time Daytona 500 winner and 200 race wins. He was 47 when he won his final race. He won 10 consecutive races in one season. He ran his final race at age 52. Whether we're talking about NASCAR or just racing in general, in the United States of America, two men stand above all others as legends pretty much known to all (even today): Richard Petty and Mario Andretti.

So for Tony Stewart to say that when/if D@nica Patrick wins a NASCAR Sprint Cup race, she should walk it over to King Richard and tell him to cram it up his ass, fuck you, fat boy! And then he said that Petty should put up or shut up and race Danica. Oh yeah, a 76 year old man, with health issues, should be out there racing against some talent challenged bikini model, who has one (seriously?!) professional level victory in 16 fucking years of pro racing!!! I've never been a fan of Tony Stewart. Yeah, he is very talented. But he has always had a tendency to run his dick-sucker before he thought. And with this one, he really put his foot in it - or his mouth on it. If his little skank had spent her early years learning race craft (learning the car and basic engineering) instead of posing for magazines and signing autographs (and polishing Uncle Bobby Rahal's knob?), I think she had what it took to be pretty good. But now, at 32(?), after 16 years of pro racing, in even the best car, she's no better than average. Deal with it, fat ass! And :stfu:

There is not a single other racer in NASCAR who has a resume that is as poor as Danica's. FACT! But there are also few other racers in NASCAR who have Q ratings as high as Danica's. But by sticking this half-talent in a car, everyone knows it's because she brings a massive sponsorship check (from Go Daddy and others). Hey, times are still tough in sponsor land. I get that. But playing the white knight in defense of Lady Danica, just because Richard Petty said out loud what everybody else in Charlotte and Concord has been thinking (even some members of Stewart-Haas Racing, from what I have heard), you're on the wrong side of reality there, fat man. Richard Petty is more man now that Tony Stewart will EVER be. But if you need to pimp Danicant to keep your little race team going, that's OK. And BTW, you really need to lay off the White Castle burgers, son. The last time I saw you, you looked like you were pregnant. Is it Danica's? :dunno:

You don't tug on Superman's cape. You don't spit into the wind. You don't pull the mask off old Lone Ranger and you don't fuck around with The King! :nono: :noway:

It a sad day when someone cannot speak their mind without being treated like a pedophile. Petty was asked a question and he gave a pretty good answer. Honestly unless Danica gets the junior treatment and somehow ends up with more car than everyone else The King is probably right.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I remember Danica was 3rd late on the final lap of last years Daytona 500. Did she make a move? Yea, backwards, she finished 8th.

More Petty facts. 1184 NASCAR starts. 712 top 10 finishes with 555 of those in the top 5. I can't wait for this challenge.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Re: Tony Stewart, you mouthy fat bastard, NEVER take The King's name in vain!

I hate Danica as much as the next guy. But she started go-karting at the age of 10 and moved to England at age 16 in order to keep racing. So she did spend her early life involved with racing. To suggest otherwise is completely untrue. She might be a PR machine, but she's talented enough to be a middle of the pack driver in NASCAR. She won't win any races, but she'll be competitive occasionally. She has more top tens in NASCAR than Dario Franchitti did, and he was infinitely more talented. Danica was a decent driver in IndyCar though. 6 top tens in 7 tries at the Indy 500 is a great feat for any driver.

Who gives a fuck if she ever wins a race? She's bringing in millions of dollars in sponsorship and merchandise sales. I'm sure that SHR only cares about the bottom line. She's a whiny, dramatic prima donna who is always going to get more attention for her looks than her ability, but she gets people to watch and dig into their wallets to support her. If she was male, she wouldn't get nearly as much attention. But she's not. She's female, she looks good in a bikini, and she can drive reasonably well (27th in points means she was better than a dozen or so other full time guys). So people are going to pay attention to her.

It's a dick move by Stewart to suggest they race now, but I see where he's coming from. People who rail against her either need to put up or shut up. He's standing up for his driver. I commend him for that.

Also, you have to keep her in NASCAR now. Permanently. We voted. And we don't want her back in open wheel racing. So you figure out a way to keep her and be happy.

Whether we're talking about NASCAR or just racing in general, in the United States of America, two men stand above all others as legends pretty much known to all (even today): Richard Petty and Mario Andretti.
That is blasphemous. :mad:

Anthony Joseph Foyt Jr. I would take him over Petty and Mario any day of the week. Only driver to win the Indianapolis 500, the Daytona 500, the 24 Hours of Daytona, and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

If it had 4 wheels, A.J. could drive it better than anyone else.

I agree that Danica sucks and Stewart is an arrogant asshole but Petty should have kept his sentiments to himself considering his son managed to keep a ride on Sundays for all those years and was as worthless as tits on a boar. And A.J definitely deserves to be mentioned in greatest ever consideration.

Anthony Joseph Foyt Jr. I would take him over Petty and Mario any day of the week. Only driver to win the Indianapolis 500, the Daytona 500, the 24 Hours of Daytona, and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

From all the knowledge I have of American motorsport. I've often had the impression that Rick Mears is the actual best driver ever to have come from the US, so far.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
From all the knowledge I have of American motorsport. I've often had the impression that Rick Mears is the actual best driver ever to have come from the US, so far.

Mears is one of the best American open wheel drivers of all-time. A.J. was successful in sprint cars, open wheel, stock cars, and endurance racing. There isn't anybody I'd take over A.J. Foyt.

Patrick just isn't that good of a driver, and has stuck around for reasons unrelated to her driving skill.

With that said Petty also isn't nearly as good as his wins indicate either even if he's was better than Danica in his prime. He raced in an era where he had huge competitive advantages over all but a few other drivers and teams. He raced in a time when all he needed was to have a car that was faster than anybody else all the time because his resources he had and needed to just to plain step on the gas and go to make himself win. You could have thrown just about any average driver in his car week after week and they would probably have did nearly as well. If he was born decades later and raced today his record would look decidedly worse. I'd be surprised if he'd finish with 30 wins in today's NASCAR.

Patrick just isn't that good of a driver, and has stuck around for reasons unrelated to her driving skill.

With that said Petty also isn't nearly as good as his wins indicate either even if he's was better than Danica in his prime. He raced in an era where he had huge competitive advantages over all but a few other drivers and teams. He raced in a time when all he needed was to have a car that was faster than anybody else all the time because his resources he had and needed to just to plain step on the gas and go to make himself win. You could have thrown just about any average driver in his car week after week and they would probably have did nearly as well. If he was born decades later and raced today his record would look decidedly worse. I'd be surprised if he'd finish with 30 wins in today's NASCAR.

In all honesty the best full time nascar driver ever may be DAVID PEARSON.

In all honesty the best full time nascar driver ever may be DAVID PEARSON.

A lot of the same things said against Petty can be said against Person though, although maybe not as bad.

Another thing to keep in mind about Petty and the number of wins he had was that he also raced in an era where they just had much more races than they have now. He once raced more than 60 races in a season, and did other years where he raced close to that amount. That almost twice what modern number of NASCAR races are so not only did he have competitive advantages other other racers outside a small handful didn't have he also had twice as many chances to win races than the people of today.

A lot of the same things said against Petty can be said against Person though, although maybe not as bad.

Another thing to keep in mind about Petty and the number of wins he had was that he also raced in an era where they just had much more races than they have now. He once raced more than 60 races in a season, and did other years where he raced close to that amount. That almost twice what modern number of NASCAR races are so not only did he have competitive advantages other other racers outside a small handful didn't have he also had twice as many chances to win races than the people of today.

True but I must also point out Pearson raced part time for a great deal of his career.

Rey C.

I hate Danica as much as the next guy. But she started go-karting at the age of 10 and moved to England at age 16 in order to keep racing. So she did spend her early life involved with racing. To suggest otherwise is completely untrue.

I don't know Danica personally, but during the time she was in Barber-Dodge and Toyota Atlantics, I' saw her race many times. She was with an outfit that we poured millions of dollars into before she got there. And I'm very aware of her early years in go-karts and especially her time in lower series pro racing (initially I was something of a fan of Danica's). I think you misunderstood what I was saying here:

If his little skank had spent her early years learning race craft (learning the car and basic engineering) instead of posing for magazines and signing autographs (and polishing Uncle Bobby Rahal's knob?), I think she had what it took to be pretty good. But now, at 32(?), after 16 years of pro racing, in even the best car, she's no better than average.

When she returned from Europe, she bummed around for awhile and then got on with Bobby Rahal. My employer at that time had been sponsoring Rahal for many years. In addition to the CART Indy Car team, our Chairman had also blessed (and sponsored) Bobby's forays into Trans Am and NASCAR Craftsman Trucks. He was key in Bobby becoming the President of CART, before he ran off to run Jaguar in F1. But anyway, when she joined Rahal (after the Long Beach celebrity race) and ran in Barber-Dodge and Toyota Atlantics, Danica showed great promise. I've been following F1 and Indy cars since the 1970's. And Danica seemed to be the "real deal", as the first female racer who actually had the natural talent and skills to rise above the fascination with her *just* being a female racer (like Janet Guthrie and Lynn "McMillian & Wife" St. James). Danica accomplished a fair amount and was developing important road racing skills while racing in Europe. But certain members of the Rahal crew questioned her technical knowledge of the car during her Atlantics run. She was unable to effectively communicate what the car was doing and expected the engineer to "just fix it". And once DanicaMania took hold, her development seemed to pretty much stop... or so I was told. Andretti Racing worked around it by just having better, more experienced drivers set up the car for her. Even when he was struggling badly, Ayrton Senna didn't set up Michael Andretti's McLaren. A (real) racer might take setup ideas or tips from a more successful driver. But the other guy never gets in your car and sets it up for you! Non-rookie drivers who need other drivers to set up their cars for them have issues. That's just a fact of racing. And if it goes on until they're in their 30's... well, it is what it is. :dunno:

So when I say she should have spent her early years learning the car and race craft, I mean that a driver her age should not have needed Tony Kanaan to set up her car for her in the IRL. And instead of signing autographs, doing interviews and posing for magazine covers, she should have been better prepared for her first stock car run at Daytona a couple of years ago (didn't even know which switch fired the car's engine when she got there :wtf:).

She might be a PR machine, but she's talented enough to be a middle of the pack driver in NASCAR. She won't win any races, but she'll be competitive occasionally. She has more top tens in NASCAR than Dario Franchitti did, and he was infinitely more talented. Danica was a decent driver in IndyCar though. 6 top tens in 7 tries at the Indy 500 is a great feat for any driver.

Who gives a fuck if she ever wins a race? She's bringing in millions of dollars in sponsorship and merchandise sales. I'm sure that SHR only cares about the bottom line. She's a whiny, dramatic prima donna who is always going to get more attention for her looks than her ability, but she gets people to watch and dig into their wallets to support her. If she was male, she wouldn't get nearly as much attention. But she's not. She's female, she looks good in a bikini, and she can drive reasonably well (27th in points means she was better than a dozen or so other full time guys). So people are going to pay attention to her.

If it's only about the money she brings in or how she looks in a (airbrushed) bikini picture, and not about how she performs, then I think my point is pretty much made, right? I can only go back to my initial post where I said that once her gender or appearance (which has nothing to do with racing talent) are factored out, she is no better than average. No where was it said that she was the worst driver on the track. Who cares that she (barely) finishes in front of some journeyman start & park guy, who is just in the race to make some appearance money? Since Toyota-Atlantics, she's always been with very good teams and had very good cars. And with those top shelf machines, she's got a handful of decent results and the rest just average. So... average.

It's a dick move by Stewart to suggest they race now, but I see where he's coming from. People who rail against her either need to put up or shut up. He's standing up for his driver. I commend him for that.

Yeah, I understand that Stewart feels the need to run to his cash cow's defense. But King Richard has already put up. And that's why he doesn't need to shut up. ;) The King stay the king.

Also, you have to keep her in NASCAR now. Permanently. We voted. And we don't want her back in open wheel racing. So you figure out a way to keep her and be happy.

She's not getting any younger (or better). NASCAR has the eyeballs and her time as a sideshow attraction there will make her more money than she could ever make in the IRL. Sad but true. But her "career" is now just about the $.

No problem. I get what you're saying. And as a fan of all forms of open wheel, I would include A.J. and several others if I was building a list. But I said "pretty much known to all." Especially in the south, it's Richard Petty (and Dale Earnhardt). But everywhere, across generations, even among non-racing fans, Mario Andretti and Richard Petty are THE known quantities.

Rey C.

I agree that Danica sucks and Stewart is an arrogant asshole but Petty should have kept his sentiments to himself considering his son managed to keep a ride on Sundays for all those years and was as worthless as tits on a boar. And A.J definitely deserves to be mentioned in greatest ever consideration.

Richard Petty was only responding to a question asked by a reporter. And the interview wasn't about Danica. But as with all things concerning Danica, it soon turned into being just about lil Princess Sparkle Pony. As Petty has always done, he spoke his mind. And then Stewart spoke his mind. And then Danica spoke her mind. And then... and then... and then... Yeah, it has become rather silly now. But it made NASCAR happy, since it got lots of news play and attracted more eyeballs (which NASCAR is in great need of right now).

As far as Kyle, I've never cared for him. But he started out pretty well. I think he won the first pro stock car race (ARCA) that he ever entered at something like 17 or 18. And he did win a decent number of NASCAR races over the years, though I don't think he ever won a big one (Daytona 500 or Coke 600? :dunno:). But he did win some races over the years, won some poles and scored a lot of Top 10's. He was decent. But yeah, his dad is what made his name... much like Dale Earnhardt, Jr. - another decent driver who is worshiped because his dad was also a legend. But whatever Kyle was or wasn't, that doesn't take away from the absolute truth in what Richard said about Danica. In pro racing, I can think of these as the series where Danica has raced: Formula Ford, Formula Vauxhall, Barber-Dodge, Toyota-Atlantic, the IRL, ALMS, Grand Am, ARCA, NASCAR Nationwide and NASCAR Sprint Cup. There may have been others that I don't know about. But in all of those races in all of those series, she has ONE :)wtf:) pro level victory (and even it was rather suspicious). If you go up and down the field in any upper level series on earth, I promise you, seeing a 30-something driver with only one lifetime pro victory would be like seeing Bigfoot at the beach... in a speedo. Making her special (just) because she is a female isn't acceptable to people like me (who love & respect racing and have since childhood). It's absolutely no different than giving Lewis Hamilton special props just because he's Black or giving Rubens Barrichello or Kenny Bernstein special props just because they're Jewish. How is it any different??? Call me a bigot if you want, but I don't give people special props just because of the color of their skin, their religion or their gender. I don't like Danica (or anyone like her) because she hasn't worked to develop the skills of her trade, and is content just to profit off of her gender and whine like a baby when she gets called on it. Give me someone like Angelle Sampey (multi series champion) or Simona de Silvestro (multi race winner): women who get it done and don't piss & whine when it doesn't go their way and don't want/need special treatment.

Also, I think one reason Richard said what he said was because drivers of his era (in NASCAR, Indy and especially F1) literally faced death every time they got on the track. David Hobbes once talked about all the people, who were his contemporaries, who were killed while racing. So these guys probably have a harsher view of a quasi-racer/bikini model, who some see as making a mockery out of a sport that many of their friends died to make what it is.

Mayhem

Banned

I cannot disagree more with all of this. Petty doesn't get the history he has without being one of the greatest ever. In his day cars were cars, so claiming he had some overwhelming advantage may not be invalid, but it doesn't take away his skill. Saying that anyone else could have matched his record in his car is like saying that Tebow would be Montana if he was throwing to Rice.

And "Go Danica!". PR is every driver's second most important job. Every time she does a model shoot, she's showing that she is not so stupid as to ignore what she brings to the table.

Rey C.

And "Go Danica!". PR is every driver's second most important job. Every time she does a model shoot, she's showing that she is not so stupid as to ignore what she brings to the table.

Right, the second most important job. The trouble is, PR is the only thing that Danica does well. The money that she brings is her only value to any team that brings her on. And even though I don't think I will ever be accused of being a male feminist, I see that as a horrible message to young women seeking to enter racing. Racing is one of the very few sports where women can compete directly with men and not be at a disadvantage. And that's the reason that Angelle Sampey is not a fan of Danica and her sexy/sleazy antics. Angelle (Seeling, back then) got spit on when she first started racing... and she's not that old. She was and is still a damn pretty woman. But she never played on her looks. She made it on her abilities. She put wins in the book. She worked and struggled. Simona de Silvestro isn't a big Danica fan either, though she doesn't attack her in interviews. Simona got very insulted when someone suggested that she show some skin after she won some Atlantics races and was challenging for the championship. But because of Danica, it's now what is expected of female racers. I think that's really sad. I really do. Doesn't matter if you're any good or not, let's see the tits & ass, Sweetie.

I know that's not what you mean, Mayhem. I'm just saying that as Danica plays the Kim K@rdashian of auto racing and filling her pockets up as fast as she can, she's really not setting the best example. If I had a son or a daughter, Angelle (or Simona) is the role model that I would want them to follow and emulate. I don't know if the rumors about Danica "doing favors" for Uncle Bobby early on were true or not. I'm just talking about her lack of work ethic when it comes to the race track.

Gee whiz. It never occurred to me at all, when Patrick started in Indycars, that one of the reasons why she was there, was because she was blowing Bobby Rahal! Even if not true, I can't help but see him slightly differently now.

I do wonder why Danica gets singled out for stuff like this, at least among the NASCAR world and it's fans. I wonder what Petty's statements would have been if a similar line of dialog was asked about Earnhardt Jr. (And yes, I know he just won the last race but my point still stands.) Would he have danced around the issue a lot more than he did with Danica. My gut tells there is a good chance he would have.

I cannot disagree more with all of this. Petty doesn't get the history he has without being one of the greatest ever. In his day cars were cars, so claiming he had some overwhelming advantage may not be invalid, but it doesn't take away his skill. Saying that anyone else could have matched his record in his car is like saying that Tebow would be Montana if he was throwing to Rice.

I said just about any "average" driver. Tebow wasn't even NFL quality when he was in the league, and it can be reasonably argued he was the very worst QB in the league when he was in it. Your analogy doesn't hold. I also hold by my statement. Not only that I will even contend that just about any average QB could have been with those mid 80s to early 90s 49ers and would have had a good of chance as almost anybody to win Superbowls. No, the Tebows and Ryan Leafs of the world wouldn't have been able to do it, but I think I large number of quarterbacks would have been very good if they were in Montana's shoes, and Montana would look a lot worse if he were with some average team.