• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Tom Petty (October 20, 1950 - October 2, 2017)

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Iconic musician Tom Petty, 66, removed from life support after being found unconscious following a cardiac arrest at his Malibu home

• Conflicting reports have emerged that Petty died on Monday
  • Los Angeles police department initially confirmed the news, but later apologized
  • Singer was found unconscious and not breathing in full cardiac arrest at home on Sunday night
  • He was resuscitated and rushed to hospital, where tests found no brain function
  • Decision was taken to remove the 66-year-old from life support
  • Petty first found fame in the 1970s with Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
  • Performed with the band for more than 40 years
  • His final gig with The Heartbreakers was September 22, at The Hollywood Bowl
  • Petty is survived by his second wife, Dana York, and two daughters

Tom Petty has been removed from life support at the age of 66.

The move came after tests confirmed the Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers lead singer had no brain function on Monday morning, hours after he suffered a devastating cardiac arrest.

The veteran star had been found unconscious and not breathing at his Malibu home on Sunday night.

Responding to a 911 call, emergency services resuscitated Petty before rushing him to hospital in nearby Santa Monica.

Article

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Damn, another one. I wish I would have gone to see him when I had the opportunity. Rest in peace.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I heard "I won't back down" on the radio earlier and thought of the irony.

So long, Tom Petty. We hardly knew ye.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day

Mayhem

Banned
It's really only a matter of time. He'd been in full cardiac arrest for who knows how long; even if he did live, it wouldn't be a good quality of life to resume. Too much damage has occurred to his body.

The news is all over the palce regarding if he is or isn't deceased. He deserves better

One is forced to agree with Apollo. As much as this sucks, I'd hate to see him wake up to a life as a potato.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Wow, this hit me hard. Unbelievable. :( So much of his music (solo, with the Heartbreakers and the Traveling Wilburys) really spoke to me from the 70's to now.

Hope I get to see you on the other side when I get to the end of the line, Tom. :crying: :hatsoff:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Wow, this hit me hard. Unbelievable. :( So much of his music (solo, with the Heartbreakers and the Traveling Wilburys) really spoke to me from the 70's to now.

Hope I get to see you on the other side when I get to the end of the line, Tom. :crying: :hatsoff:

My sentiments exactly, Rey. I feel like I grew up with Tom Petty. :crying:

I put up a couple of underrated favorites of mine. What a musical genius. Love ya, Tom. :crying: :crying:

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Yeah bummer.
I didn't think he would go so soon.
I remember when don't do me like that hit the radio.
Followed by Refugee and then one after another until the mid 90's. I pretty much liked everything he did.
He was one of the bands who created that late 70's to early 80's transformation sound that gave us so much good music.
Good Music.
Thanks Tom.

TOM_PETTY_%26_THE_HEARTBREAKERS_CHANGE%2BOF%2BHEART-287474.jpg

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
People on Facebook were posting about this, and one of the posts said "Comment with your favorite song."
My response was- and is - I don't have a favorite Tom Petty song.

In fact, I can't think of one I don't like....He's that good...

RIP, Tom...and thanks.
Also, FUCK!!!!!!!!!