• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

This summer may see first ice-free North Pole

WASHINGTON - There's a 50-50 chance that the North Pole will be ice-free this summer, which would be a first in recorded history, a leading ice scientist says.

The weather and ocean conditions in the next couple of weeks will determine how much of the sea ice will melt, and early signs are not good, said Mark Serreze. He's a senior researcher at the National Snow and Ice Data Center and the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colo.

I wonder how long it'll take until the North Pole stops freezing altogether?

Story

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
not good...at all!

Well at least it'll keep the shipping lanes open. All the icebreaker boys will be out of a job.

Wait does this have to do anything with the "global warming" myth? Was Al Gore right about this Inconvenient Truth theory? I dunno but im going to drive and smoke and fart my way out of this harrowing story.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Global warming? Nah! Just a coincidence. Like Rush and the Industrialists say, it's a cyclical thing. It'll refreeze!

Whether this is due to the alleged theory of 'global warming', or whether this is just due to the possibility that the Earth is going through one of it's many climate changes?

Whether this is due to the alleged theory of 'global warming', or whether this is just due to the possibility that the Earth is going through one of it's many climate changes?

Well scientitsts do not think it is an alleged theory at all,just as evolution is not an alleged theory.The link between increased Co2 in the atmosphere and warming is well understood by the scientists and I would add that in normal "climate changes" the changes are almost always much slower and more gradual without some sort of event like a meteor hitting the planet.