• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Things that make you feel mature (or just "old")

I replaced my toilet seats with some fancy features, like quick release, soft seat, blue light and microbial coating. The old seats came with the place and were ghetto as they come.

Not only was a proud of this "home improvement", but sitting on a this "luxury" toilet seat made me just as happy as getting a new bike or video game as a kid.

... then I realized I might be getting old if this is my standard of what gets me excited.

Every Damn thing...
How about this?
1664600645301.png

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Making the same groan when I get up, that all the old people made when I was little. And not being able to eat things I love, because they no longer love me....like bell peppers. I eat one, and I taste it for the next 2 days.

Mr. Daystar

Feeling old?

Looking in the mirror ... My hair is not gray or white. Still brown. ... But when I comb it, how much of it just falls out and is on the comb or brush. Yikes.
I'm to the point now, that it looks like I have more hair, if I shave my head.

I handed my camera to a teenager to take a picture for me, and they literally asked me how to use it. It was a digital camera too!

Reactions: sj1
I bet that kid has never seen a VHS tape in his life and would think a VCR was one of the first George Foreman Grills.
It used to be the joke where kids didn't know what an cassette tape was.
But now we're coming to the point where kids have never used a CD before.

Reactions: sj1
Making the same groan when I get up, that all the old people made when I was little. And not being able to eat things I love, because they no longer love me....like bell peppers. I eat one, and I taste it for the next 2 days.
This. I like coffee, but I can't drink much of it now. My stomach really doesn't like too much coffee anymore. I'm left drinking decaff with the occasional normal cup.

I got a new kitchen faucet installed today. I got a plumber to do it, because I didn't want to be responsible for water damage to my entire building.
It's one of those fancy pull-down "high arc" faucets, instead of the 20th-century taps.
87814.tif.jpg

And I am stoked. I was having fun washing the dishes, and then just stared at the faucet when I was done.

This is the type of shit that gets me excited these days. Man I feel old.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I'm the dorky White guy in the Progressive Insurance commercials. The Filipino pack that I married into are amazed at how White I am. I thank them for their kind compliment. I am both an Honorary Uce and The Tribal Chief.

Place I used to live, it would take me all weekend to cut the grass with a push mower. I think I was the only person on the street with one. Had enough and bought a riding lawnmower. Took me around 30 minutes to cut the yard. Don't know about feeling mature or old, but I remember feeling more of an adult than just a kid, almost like I was high class. Sometimes I'd get off from work and touch up the yard before dinner.

1.jpg

Mr. Daystar

My friend has a big yard, and he put a boat style, swiveling cup holder on his, so his beer won't spill.

Place I used to live, it would take me all weekend to cut the grass with a push mower. I think I was the only person on the street with one. Had enough and bought a riding lawnmower. Took me around 30 minutes to cut the yard. Don't know about feeling mature or old, but I remember feeling more of an adult than just a kid, almost like I was high class. Sometimes I'd get off from work and touch up the yard before dinner.
I know the feeling - My family never had a riding mower, and I don't think anyone in our neighborhood had one. Our yard was irregularly shaped, with trees, walkways and gardens. So I remember playing games trying to figure out the most "efficient" way to mow the lawn, with the fewest "passes". It was kinda fun.