• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

There Is Nothing International About The International House of Pancakes

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
No nutella, no blintzes, crepes, cold soba, beans and toast, and many other multi ethnic breakfast foods. Yeah they might tease you here and there with a once every 6 months internatioanl syrup flavors like Doozelberry pancakes and some of the earlier mentioned breakfast treats. But these guys need to rethink their whole marketing strategy if they want me to purchase any of their epcurian delights! I say good day to you sir!

{Adds to post count}

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
I shall make a note of this in my big book of interesting things...

Is the word "international" intended to reference their menu or does it mean they have locations in other countries, thus making the chain international?

:cool:

Answered my own question.

"The chain has more than 1,500 restaurants in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands."

:cool:

There is nothing international about many airports either. Just because you may be able to catch a flight to Canada or something. It sticks in my craw..I tell ya.

Belgian waffles, Canadian bacon, French toast, crepes, Tuscan chicken grillers, fajita quesadillas, Mediterranean lemon chicken, French onion pot roast, anything with Hollandaise sauce are all menu items currently served at IHOP.

These are all international items... er, they have international names at least. Plus, there are the flags of the world etched into the glass between the booths at every IHOP. I disagree with your assertion.

Belgian waffles, Canadian bacon, French toast, crepes, Tuscan chicken grillers, fajita quesadillas, Mediterranean lemon chicken, French onion pot roast, anything with Hollandaise sauce are all menu items currently served at IHOP.

These are all international items... er, they have international names at least. Plus, there are the flags of the world etched into the glass between the booths at every IHOP. I disagree with your assertion.

The way they serve Belgian waffles are not in any way like the waffles served in Belgium.
What they call Canadian bacon is just ham. It isn't Canadian bacon.
French toast isn't served in France.
The other dishes mentioned are generic enough, that they are served everywhere, except the places mentioned in their names.

Not only is it not international, it isn't a house.

Out of all the warm breakfast foods pancakes are probably among the least likely I would go out and buy since they are one of the easiest to make yourself. I would hope they would have much more than that there.

jinxypie

Official Checked Star Member
IHOP Stuffed french toast. THE best stuff!
Maybe i can go get some for my birthday... :)

Reactions: BCT
Next time you go, wear plaid and eat a bowl of oatmeal. Imagine you're in Scotland.