• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Oblivion Thread

Hopefully this isn't a repost as I haven't seen any threads on the top page of the listings. While the Oblivion official forums have a bunch of whiners, overall the game is a huge hit and I personally think it deserves to be. Is anyone else playing? Let's hear our community's thoughts.

I got Elder Scrolls IV, its great. My brother and I play it all the time. The game it huge, lots to do ans stuff. I got stuck on a few parts but nothing was too tough. Except when I got turned into a vampire at like level three, it made the game... hard. I had to start over. I played through as an Argonian Nightblade, I can't what to beat the game but I may start a new guy again.

nastyfalcon

Fuck'en Bitches and Leav'en Stitches
I'm loving the game, sneaking around breaking and entering, backstabbing people...it's like GTA with fireballs. On a more serious nerdy gamer note, it really is one of the best RPGs I've played game mechanic wise. In terms of plot and fantasy, that's arguable, but I'm not even too big into that area.

I have TES4 : Oblivion for PC and I really like it but recently I just haven't had the time to play it.

Sadly, my theiving hasn't gone un-noticed. I keep getting caught.
I think I'm still only a level 3?!

thegunner898989 said:
Can anyone tell me how to get good at Theiving?

The link I posted above can help you with levelling and stuff. To answer your question though, you need to increase your sneak skill. You can pay for one of the npc's to train you, or just sneak everywhere until it increases.

If you want to be a pickpocket, increase sneak.
If you need to break into peoples houses, then use either high alteration skill or security skill.

Hope this helps.

I just joined the Dark BrotherHood and have done a few missions for them. The clothes you get when you are accepted are amazing. I look like a ninja now with the Katana and Black outfit.

SPOILER WARNING!!!!

the dark brotherhood has some of the best quests of the entire game.

when you'll find a quest where you have to kill 5 people in a house without leavin witness at every murder ... take your time...
MAke sure to talk to everybody in the house before you start the massacre... then .. talk to them again after every single kill and see how they start to blame eachother for the slaying.

at the end only two remained (except me). one of them killed the other convinced that he was the murderer. Too bad he put his trust into a real Dark Sisterof Sithis.

that was .... rewarding

I've had this game for the 360 for about 3 weeks, but have not played it yet, other than starting it up and checking it out. I'm in the middle of too many other games right now and I know this game is pretty involved.

My Oblivion disk just broke. I finished the main quest, the DB guild and the Mages guild and was starting on the thieves guild when it busted on me.
Great game.

smallville206 said:
How did your disc break?

It's a mystery. I was playing, and I my guy went to fast travel, or something, and it froze on the loading screen. I waited and waited, and nothing happend. So I turned off the 360 and powered it back up and it said it was unable to read the disk. It's like it broke in the machine or something. There's no huge scratches on it or nothing. I'm going to borrow a disk buffer from a friend to see if that helps.
I've never had this happen before, playing a game and then have it stop working.

I finished the DB, became a Listener and got a Murderer to follow me, but they are so damn weak! I was runnin' down a mountain slowly and he was going full pelt and fell down a tiny bit and died. Then I got another one and he died from a RAT :(

Heh, my harddrive crashed. Before it happened, I was the Listener, the Gray Fox, and coming close to leading the fighters guild. Time to start all over...guess I'll have a friend play all the beginning parts and side quests for me.

I'm glad I beat the main quest and finished the DB questing before my disk bit it. I had a lot of shit done too. I think I had half of the achievements done? Oh well. I hope a disk buffer will work.
But anyway, in a couple of days I should have Chromehounds, and hopefully that will take my mind off of Oblivion for a while.

arealous said:
Heh, my harddrive crashed. Before it happened, I was the Listener, the Gray Fox, and coming close to leading the fighters guild. Time to start all over...guess I'll have a friend play all the beginning parts and side quests for me.

So, your hard drive got wiped? That doesn't sound good at all.