• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The most expensive food thread

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
And now for something completely different....
Why did I start an "expensive food" thread, you may ask? I'm wondering who in their right mind would buy such expensive fare. For example:

nsand097vx.jpg

Britain's most expensive sandwich - the Wagyu sandwich - goes on sale today at Selfridge's, in Oxford Street, London at a cost of £85 (about $148).
Slices of 24-hour fermented sour dough bread are spread with a mayonnaise flavoured with foie gras (£30 a lb) and black truffle (£340 a lb). This is followed with a generous helping of brie de meaux, considered Europe's finest cheese.
The Wagyu beef itself, comprising a third of the weight of the sandwich, costs £28 a pound and is imported from Japan. The meat is seared in a pan on both sides for two minutes and then basted with yet more foie gras before being chilled for 15 minutes and sliced.
English cherry tomatoes and rocket, plus peppers roasted on a naked flame and then skinned and sliced finely, complete the presentation.

Ok - perhaps you want a dessert to go with that pricey sarnie?

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/6661/goldenopulencenord4vk.jpg

The Serendipity Golden Opulence Sundae costing £573 (about $1,000) , is the world's most expensive ice cream sundae and is available at the Serendipity 3 restaurant in New York. The sundae comprises five scoops of Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream infused with Madagascar vanilla, covered in 23 carat edible gold leaf and topped with a bowl of Grand Passion caviar.

After all that, perhaps a refreshing beverage:

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/3033/martinivmed9a6xn.jpg

New York’s historic Algonquin Hotel, once the domain of the Algonquin Roundtable where 1930s notables such as Dorothy Parker, Robert Benchley and Heywood Broun drank, offers a $10,000 "Martini on the Rock." The drink comes with a pre-selected diamond at the bottom of the glass (the $10,000 value of the beverage is based on the market value of the diamond).
To order this special Martini, one needs a 72-hour advance notice and a personal visit to the hotel's own jeweler (Bader & Garrin). The "Martini on the Rock" was first ordered and used in a marriage proposal in December 2004 (by Joe Imperato of Westchester County to his girlfriend, Melissa Beck).

Details:
At £85, is this the mother of all sandwiches?
Extravagant gourmet treats

Last edited:

jod0565

Member, you member...
I wonder why people would pay that much for a sammich or anything else for that matter.
Every food we eat ends up in the toilet anyway.

New York’s historic Algonquin Hotel, once the domain of the Algonquin Roundtable where 1930s notables such as Dorothy Parker, Robert Benchley and Heywood Broun drank, offers a $10,000 "Martini on the Rock." The drink comes with a pre-selected diamond at the bottom of the glass (the $10,000 value of the beverage is based on the market value of the diamond).
To order this special Martini, one needs a 72-hour advance notice and a personal visit to the hotel's own jeweler (Bader & Garrin). The "Martini on the Rock" was first ordered and used in a marriage proposal in December 2004 (by Joe Imperato of Westchester County to his girlfriend, Melissa Beck).

I hope nobody chugs that.

I once paid the equivalent of $80 per glass for some wine (don't even remember the name) at a high-end restaurant in Belgium...but hey - love can make you do some pretty dumb stuff!!! Thank God my g/f pseudo fiancee (we didn't have a ring) at the time wasn't a big drinker! lmao :lovecoupl :crash: :tongue:

om3ga

jod0565 said:
I wonder why people would pay that much for a sammich or anything else for that matter.
Every food we eat ends up in the toilet anyway.

Good point - I had to post this pic of Joe Imperato, the bloke who paid $10K for the "Martini on the Rock" to propose to his girl, Melissa Beck:

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/1237/joeimperatomelissabeck4pu.jpg

I hope she kept the diamond inside the drink.....:D

om3ga

Nightfly said:
I once paid the equivalent of $80 per glass for some wine (don't even remember the name) at a high-end restaurant in Belgium...but hey - love can make you do some pretty dumb stuff!!! Thank God my g/f pseudo fiancee (we didn't have a ring) at the time wasn't a big drinker! lmao :lovecoupl :crash: :tongue:

I remember taking my (then) g/friend to a pricey restaurant in the City of London and ordering Japanese lager at £5 a pint just to impress her (back then ordinary lager was about £1 in the local pub). The meal was equally expensive (the things we do for love...:1orglaugh ).

There's a snotty grocery near where I live (roguewolf will know which one I'm talking about since he lives nearby) where they charge like $6 for a brownie. Fucking ridiculous. They sell cans of condensed soup for like $3 when you can go to a normal grocery and get them for $1.19. The snotty folks shop there because they can SAY that they shop there. Oh well, let them piss away their money...lol I'm saving mine so I can experience more of life's enjoyments and not for social status. :)

om3ga

Black Star said:
I hope nobody chugs that.

They can try this instead: THE $1,000 OMELETTE

ZILLION DOLLAR FRITTATA:

6 eggs
1 tbsp chopped chives
1.5 tbsps butter
1 lobster
5 tbsps double cream
10 ounces of sevruga caviar

The mini version - the "regular frittata" costing $100 (£57) - contains just one ounce of caviar with the same amount of egg and lobster.

THE $1,000 OMELETTE

om3ga said:
They can try this instead: THE $1,000 OMELETTE

ZILLION DOLLAR FRITTATA:

6 eggs
1 tbsp chopped chives
1.5 tbsps butter
1 lobster
5 tbsps double cream
10 ounces of sevruga caviar

The mini version - the "regular frittata" costing $100 (£57) - contains just one ounce of caviar with the same amount of egg and lobster.

THE $1,000 OMELETTE

It would be a better use of my money to buy $1000 worth of eggs and toilet paper to throw at the establishment that would dare to even charge that amount of money for something that gets digested in 4 hours!:mad:

om3ga

Black Star said:
It would be a better use of my money to buy $1000 worth of eggs and toilet paper to throw at the establishment that would dare to even charge that amount of money for something that gets digested in 4 hours!:mad:

:1orglaugh

According to the attached link, that omlette is served at New York's Le Parker Meridien Hotel.

Why not try a Burger Royale, instead? Served at DB Bistro Moderne, a fashionable restaurant in midtown Manhattan run by celebrity chef Daniel Boulud.

A sirloin burger stuffed with braised short ribs, foie gras and black truffles will set you back by $59 (or $99 for the double truffle version) it's officially the most expensive commercially available burger in the world and has the Guinness Book of World Records certificate hanging in the window to prove it.

The most expensive hamburger in the world

om3ga

om3ga said:
And now for something completely different....
Why did I start an "expensive food" thread, you may ask? I'm wondering who in their right mind would buy such expensive fare. For example:

nsand097vx.jpg

Britain's most expensive sandwich - the Wagyu sandwich - goes on sale today at Selfridge's, in Oxford Street, London at a cost of £85 (about $148).
Slices of 24-hour fermented sour dough bread are spread with a mayonnaise flavoured with foie gras (£30 a lb) and black truffle (£340 a lb). This is followed with a generous helping of brie de meaux, considered Europe's finest cheese.
The Wagyu beef itself, comprising a third of the weight of the sandwich, costs £28 a pound and is imported from Japan. The meat is seared in a pan on both sides for two minutes and then basted with yet more foie gras before being chilled for 15 minutes and sliced.
English cherry tomatoes and rocket, plus peppers roasted on a naked flame and then skinned and sliced finely, complete the presentation.

Apparently there have been at least five advance orders placed for the 21oz (595g) meal, according to the BBC.

'Most expensive sandwich' on sale

Nightfly said:
There's a snotty grocery near where I live (roguewolf will know which one I'm talking about since he lives nearby) where they charge like $6 for a brownie. Fucking ridiculous. :)

Yes...the price IS ridiculous...but MAN are they good!!! :yummie:

One of the most expensive 'foods' in the world is the spice Saffron.

The most precious and most expensive spice in the world: Saffron.
The Saffron filaments, or threads, are actually the dried stigmas of the saffron flower, "Crocus Sativus Linneaus". Each flower contains only three stigmas. These threads must be picked from each flower by hand, and more than 75,000 of these flowers are needed to produce just one pound of Saffron filaments, making it the world?s most precious spice.
But, because of saffron's strong coloring power and intense flavor, it can be used sparingly. Saffron is used both for its bright orange-yellow color and for its strong, intense flavor and aroma.

A pound of this stuff can easily fetch several thousand dollars!!!

Yeah roguewolf, the brownies are good, but DLM pisses me off with its "status pricing" of the same stuff you can get around the corner at Kroger or Meijer or Wal-Mart for 40% or even less the price.

It's like when people drive around in a Cadillac, having WAY-OVERSPENT for a piece of unreliable shit when they could have bought a Mercedes that will run until the day they die. Both are status symbols, but one's worth the money and one's a maintenance money-pit. lol

BNF's taking me out for a dinner with truffles (if they're in-season) when I come over to visit. :) They weigh it (the truffles) as you grate it to put onto your plate!!! :eek: Damn. I can't remember how much it costs, but if he sees this he can tell us. He better save some money - I love Italian food more than any other in the world!!! :nanner:

Start saving up, BNF, because if I don't get a killer meal I'm dragging your ass from Bologna to Roma where I'm gonna kick your ass in the Colosseum!!! lmao

lmao25mv.gif

Last edited:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I could have eaten a bearded clam one time for $500 but I decided to just say "fuck it" instead.

:1orglaugh :1orglaugh :1orglaugh

:beer:

om3ga

D-rock said:
$6 a brownie?

It makes you wonder what they put in those things. :1orglaugh

You should check some of these cocktails:

The world's most expensive cocktail went on sale in Britain (back in 2004), costing a whopping £15,250 per glass. The drink is a mix of champagne and a number of expensive liquors but the reason for the enormous cost is what is found at the bottom of the glass - a 61/2 carat pink tourmaline and diamond ring. This extravagant cocktail can be purchased at an exclusive Manchester restaurant situated near Old Trafford - the football stadium of Manchester United.

Again fronm 2004:

The most expensive hotel cocktail in the world, the legendary Ritz Sidecar served in Paris for £277.25 ($483). It is mixed with a Cognac so rarified that German soldiers tried to seize it during the Second World War

The price of a martini at the Raffles Resort in the Grenadines is to start at a lipsmacking $300 (£163) and will go much higher. It is delivered by your own butler, and is made with the world's finest vodkas. It also has a swizzle stick made of 24-carat gold in the shape of a Samurai sword that can be spruced up with fancy baubles and gems. Prices vary accordingly.

The World Cocktail at the bar in the Trump World Tower in New York mixes Remy Xo, Pineau des Charentes, Veuve Cliquot and is topped with "liquid gold". It's $50.

Tabitha Stern

Verified Babe
Official Checked Star Member
We went to the Four Seasons once and ordered room service and my husbands cheeseburger was $32...and i thought that was expensive!