• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Hitler.....I mean History Channel.

Bad man however he did revolutionize warfare with the Blitzkrieg tactics....Still used to day although improved upon greatly. Air strike the fuck outta something then move in fast. Baghdad

that has to be Metallicas shortest song

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I don't know what channel you're watching but the documentaries that I've seen the most on the History Channel have some thing to do with Christianity.

EDIT: I just did some checking around my cable box and I also think you are talking about the Military Channel. Also I just found out I have two History Channels.:surprise: I never knew that.

Yep, it is the Military channel.

http://corporate.discovery.com/our-company/

YouTube is no different

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
The History channel must have a contract to continually remind people of the holocaust.:1orglaugh :tongue:
Even though there have been worse atrocities in the world.

Ice road truckers? ax men? top gear (bad version)? why do they call it history?

Pawn Stars, American Pickers... :clap:

EDIT: I just did some checking around my cable box and I also think you are talking about the Military Channel. Also I just found out I have two History Channels.:surprise: I never knew that.
I knew there were 2 channels, the other is History International on my cable, and it is more about actual history. The problem with the History Channel is that it has gotten too much into the reality and ancient aliens shows. Although, I do really like the Swamp People series. On my cable, History International is one of those that's buried in the upper channels. I can usually find something decent to watch before I get that high on the channel scale.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
are you kidding me? the History Channel hasn't been a "history channel" in years! it's a fucking reality show channel now. it's ridiculous how much that channel sucks now

I agree with you. I used to watch History Channel all the time. With another provider I could create a Favorites List (like a customized channel guide) that had the channels that I watched most often. I miss that, as I didn't have to slog through all the crap channels (most of them). I had Bloomberg, CNBC, A&E and of course, History Channel, among a handful of others on there. But yeah, now History Channel seems to have loads of reality TV crap. History International has been renamed "H2" on my DirecTV guide. I watch that fairly often. It's mostly ancient and pre-history. And it's easily the better/more pure of the two (IMO). That's where I get my Greco-Roman fix. :cool:

As for the OP, I think one reason there is still a lot of fascination with Hitler and the Nazis is because it's the ultimate "good guy vs. bad guy" story in modern times. And on a channel (in a society) that thrives on pop culture and pop history, that sort of thing plays well. Just look at how many movies borrow Nazi styles and themes when they create ultimate bad guy forces. Hell, even Darth Vader's helmet looked very much like a German helmet from WWI/WWII (which in turn resembled a Roman helmet). If the Nazis hadn't been real, I'm sure some Hollywood producer would have created them.

Actually lately the History Channel is more like VH1 cramming the same reality shows over and over. I prefer History International or National Geographic now

No kidding. Check the scheduled programming:
-Pawn Stars
-American Pickers
-Top Shot
-Ice Road Truckers
-Only in America w/ Larry the Cable Guy

Those are the shows scheduled for the whole day.

Freaking garbage. Instead of having these shows on the History Channel, I wish all of these shows were actually history.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Why is Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel?

Or Pawn Stars? WTF does that have to do with history???:wtf:

-Pawn Stars
-American Pickers
-Top Shot
-Ice Road Truckers

Freaking garbage. Instead of having these shows on the History Channel, I wish all of these shows were actually history.

Oops. Credit to PR. Posted before I read your post. My bad.

Mayhem

Banned
-Pawn Stars
-American Pickers
-Top Shot
-Ice Road Truckers

Pawn Stars highlights some superb historical artifacts that wouldn't have a place on another TV show. Seriously, if you haven't watched it, you should. And if you have, I don't get how you would say it doesn't belong on the History Channel.

American Pickers (which I've only seen a couple episodes), same thing. I'm not into it, as a show, but I get it.

Ice Road Truckers.....I like the show but, OK, I can't really say it belongs on the History Channel. But I like it anyway.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Pawn Stars highlights some superb historical artifacts that wouldn't have a place on another TV show.

Maybe but sorry it still isn't a history show. It's a show about guys trying to get good deals on off-the-wall antiques. Booooring!!!! And definitely not historical.