• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Do-It-Yourselfer

are you a do-it-yourselfer?

• Always try to save some money this way.

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • yes, but usually hire someone to fix my mistakes.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Depends on how difficult a task we are talking about.

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • a hammer?. . . what's that?!

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
well, I have some things in particular on my mind, but I wanted this to be a bit more general. As a homeowner, I am constantly coming up with re-modeling and decorating ideas to give my house my own personal touch.
Currently, just working on a shelf to support a heavy dragon fountain that I want to display, but I have some other, more complicated plans in mind as well, namely a home bar.i am planning on downloading the plans from the net and attempting this myself, and was wondering if anyone has done something like this.

Well, regardless, I just wanted to know if poeple take on these tasks regularly here or if you'd rather shell out the cash and have it done for you.

If you guys and gals would like to share ideas and advice, that would be GREAT too!

I don't do much around the house, just some minor plumbing and locksmithing. I'm not really into building things around the house or anything like that. I'm limited to just assembling things that are pre-fabricated mostly, bookshelves, etc. :dunno:

I'll try everything. I have a few friends who are various experts in home renovation, A/C, etc. So will sometimes barter my expertise for theirs.

I'll try everything. I have a few friends who are various experts in home renovation, A/C, etc. So will sometimes barter my expertise for theirs.

same here. If its something I am unsure about i'll ask for their help or advice. I am good with the electric, but carpentry, plumbing and A/C is where my knowledge is limited

I have a work history that includes cabinet making, electrical work (plus 2 years of electrical engineering at university), plumbing, carpentry, concreting and reinforcing steel from high rise construction, drywalling, tiling and just about any other type of construction there is. I'm also a pretty competent mechanic. It's a matter of personal pride for me to be able to have a legitimate go at any job of this type and I can usually figure things out well enough.

I can do most of the repairs/renovations around the house.
most everyone in my family has done some sort of construction in their life,I learned alot from helping them. still hate roofing, but Im thinking about installing a metal roof on my house:dunno:

I'm a auto-body tech by trade so I can fix most anything on a vehicle.

and I agree with mongo, you get to take pride in something you've done. :glugglug:

oh yeah 1000 :nanner:

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
I just spent 2 weeks in January refurbishing my new house. At face value, it looked perfect. The guy bought the house brand spankin new in 2004 and never really lived there...we found out why. He was not a do-it-yourselfer.

All the electrical in the house was unsafe or backwards, and held togeather by duct tape or double sided sticky tape. All the tap was backwards, we still haven't been able to fix the tub...that's coming up. He GLUED this foam stuff on the stairs and the glue and half the foam could only be scraped off by no less than something akin to sulfiric acid. The grout in the bathroom and toilet (half bath) will have to be chipped out and redone. He put these horrid round light fixtures in ALL the rooms and managed to use non-standard plugs for everything. He never impregenated the stone floor so it soaked up all water and discolored...there's a huge, what I think is a red wine stain, on part of the floor. He also never plugged in the heated floor which makes the heat pump go bonkers and ruined it. He also didn't fix a leak in the tub (which he claimed he did) and as a result I found a waterfall down my front door. Oh, and there were tiles and plastic plates for the lights and power stuck on the wall with.......double sided sticky tape.

By the end of the two weeks everyone who helped us was walking around muttering, "fucking idiot."

We think the guy dug himself into a DIY hole and didn't have the money to dig himself out again and sold the house. Lucky, we have a good friend who does this stuff for a living to help us undo what the idiot had done.

I just rebuilt the ramp, stars and back porch last week. Hard work but fun too.

sure, I do it myself all the time.

oh wait, you're not talking about sex?

I try not to mess with electricity: that shit is dangerous for amateurs ;)

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
I try not to mess with electricity: that shit is dangerous for amateurs ;)

Want to tell that to the idiot that sold me my house? :1orglaugh

Somehow he had keept one wire live, even if you had the power off. I'm not sure how he did it, but putting up my ceiling lamps was a shockingly good time.

BNF

Ex-SuperMod
Want to tell that to the idiot that sold me my house? :1orglaugh

Somehow he had keept one wire live, even if you had the power off. I'm not sure how he did it, but putting up my ceiling lamps was a shockingly good time.

Fine Craftsmanship in the Dutch tradition! :D :rofl: j/k

The only jobs I have contracted out have been the windows and having the sewers redone. Windows are too big and expensive to have me and my drunk friends slinging them around and sewers... eew. :pukey:

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i try to do the most i can. but somethings i have no idea what to do. i also refuse to mess with gas and electricity. not worth the risk.