• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The California Senate Recognizes Kendrick Lamar As A ‘Generational Icon’

Deepcover

Closed Account
A big day for music artist Kendrick Lamar. While Kanye was in Chicago receiving his honorary doctorate from the School of Art Institute of Chicago, California State Senator Isadore Hall of the 35th District awarded Kendrick Lamar with the 35th Generational Icon Award. K. Dot was recognized for his countless efforts and donations to the Compton Unified School District and other non-profit organizations in his community. While most rappers would have made this a big media spectacle, Kendrick quietly and humbly accepted his award — and called it a day.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I had to check some of Kendrick's tracks before I could write something about him. I don't think that it is even fair to compare him to somebody like Kanye West - but I will try to set this into perspective, all the same. Kanye West really is more of a hypemachine, and his continuing clownish activities are so far away from a true rap artist like Kendrick that we should shun West.

It really shines a bright light about this man that he takes part in this Senate event and accept the award graciously and quietly. This is a man who is more about doing things about his town, not leeching every second and everybody for his own personal gain.