• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Aurora Colorado massacre

I feel for the people in this awful situation. Can't imagine what it must have been like - pure horror.

Lawsuits against the theatre where it happened, the gunman's doctor and Warner Bros (for Batman Rises being too violent) are now in the works.

I'm all for holding people accountable for their failings, but suing Warner Bros because Batman was "too violent" is like suing car companies because roads are dangerous. Not reasonable at all.

But I understand why parents and friends are enraged and not thinking rationally either.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
The person suing Warner Bros and whomever else is obviously a POS that's looking to cash in on the tragedy. The guy didn't even wait 4 days until he decided to bring a lawsuit against the studio. People are always going to blame movies just because they can.... :facepalm:

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Tragedies such as this bring out the best and worst in people. No amount of money will bring back those who have died. This isn't a time for lawsuits or finger pointing. It's a time for grieving for the lost, caring for the wounded, and trying to help each other pick up the pieces.

All you can do now is take it one day at a time, and be thankful to be alive.

DR. B

Closed Account
but pussy is good tho, it's GOOD!

Warner Brothers has made a sizable donation already to a charity for the victims (http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07/24/entertainment-world-donates-aurora-victims). They didn't have to, but it's good to see a corporation go ahead and do that instead of trying to sweep it under the rug. Christian Bale has gone to the hospial to visit the victims (without an entourage or paparazzi show like most other celebrities would, http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ch...orado+shooting+with+photos/6983363/story.html). Like Andronicus said above, "Tragedies such as this bring out the best and worst in people." You have these idiots and their money hungry lawyers trying to make a quick buck off the tragedy and then you have a girl who stayed with her friend, putting pressure on her neck wound and carrying her through two parking lots to an ambulance. If anyone sues them, they have no grounds to sue on anyway. Like Alfred said in Batman Begins, "It was him, and him alone."

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
Movie, books, TV, general entertainment can't be held responsible for other peoples, or an individuals actions. Key word being actions. This guy did this, nothing else did this. He did. This has been tried a couple of times in court and every time they lose. I remember some idiot kids laid down in the street when cars were passing, guess what, cars hit them. They actually blamed the "Bevis and Butthead" cartoon. They lost their case

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I must commend Christian Bale who made an unannounced visit to the hospital were the shooting victims are recovering. I take my hat off to him for that.

Movie, books, TV, general entertainment can't be held responsible for other peoples, or an individuals actions. Key word being actions. This guy did this, nothing else did this. He did. This has been tried a couple of times in court and every time they lose. I remember some idiot kids laid down in the street when cars were passing, guess what, cars hit them. They actually blamed the "Bevis and Butthead" cartoon. They lost their case

Exactly right. Everyone seems to have forgotten the Beavis and Butthead, Rap music made me do it defenses/rationale of the 90's. Personal accountability is so far out the window that society beings to look to place blame on anything aside from the actual people who chose to make these decisions.

And these media hawks are making me sick. To talk about how much of a tragedy it is, while plastering the face of whatever the asshole's name is (I make it a point to not remember shooters/murderers/psychopaths names) all over the Goddamn news making him infamous, which has probably got to be some kind of deranged victory in this scumbag's mind. Not to mention the thought that other mentally unstable, narcissistic copycats who may have a propensity for this kind of violence may see their opportunity to have their asshole of a face plastered all over the television and the internet and in that gain the muster to do it themselves. Who knows?

The national media - left, right, whatever, they're all to blame - needs to leave these poor people to grieve, and stop showing the same footage of this cocksucker's stupid face and stupid hair 'round the clock, all its doing is glamorizing this shithole to other shitholes like him.

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
He's trying to get 2.3 minutes in the light it looks like. But like the article said...

...some families of the young victims banded together to sue gaming companies for $5 billion. The class action alleged that the shooters were influenced by violent video games, especially one called "Doom." A federal judge dismissed the suit...

Shit, I played Doom and Doom 2 out the wang, I didn't end up going on a shooting spree. Because I know it's a game. People who say, "I can't discern real life from playing Diablo 3". Okay... Here's a bottle of pills and some booze. Do the world a favor.
Like I said, a game, movie, book, tv, etc can't make the orange hair nutjob run a muck. That guy's using it as a scapegoat. Let's remember this is an individual thing, not the theaters fault or anything that is inanimate.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
He's trying to get 2.3 minutes in the light it looks like. But like the article said...

...some families of the young victims banded together to sue gaming companies for $5 billion. The class action alleged that the shooters were influenced by violent video games, especially one called "Doom." A federal judge dismissed the suit...

Shit, I played Doom and Doom 2 out the wang, I didn't end up going on a shooting spree. Because I know it's a game. People who say, "I can't discern real life from playing Diablo 3". Okay... Here's a bottle of pills and some booze. Do the world a favor.
Like I said, a game, movie, book, tv, etc can't make the orange hair nutjob run a muck. That guy's using it as a scapegoat. Let's remember this is an individual thing, not the theaters fault or anything that is inanimate.

You are so exactly right. I grew up playing video games such as Call of Duty, Diablo, Twisted Metal, Doom, etc. You don't see me going around killing people.

Hondarobot

Banned
I haven't been following this story, but there's some video game connection now?

I played "Tank" on Atari in 3rd grade elementary school, which was awesome. I'm now 43, and still realize it would be stupid to actually own a tank.

I don't understand crazy people.

There isn't a video game connection in this story, just a movie one - which is equally ridiculous.

I also read something about people suing the movie theatre, too, claiming that they are going to "find whoever is responsible for this tragedy."

Wow. Really? I mean... REALLY? The only person responsible was the gunman.

I'm always surprised at the blatant disregard for logic some folks have, but never surprised.

georges

Staff member
If a guy is mentally unstable, he is not curable.He can't distinct the reality from the imaginary. This guy should have been shot in the head point blank range with a 500 s&w.