• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Tequila shortage might be around the corner

LIVING
The world is facing a tequila shortage
By Reuters

February 7, 2018 | 10:57am

iStockphoto
AMATITAN, Mexico – In the heartland of the tequila industry, in Mexico’s western state of Jalisco, a worsening shortage of agave caused by mounting demand for the liquor from New York to Tokyo has many producers worried.

The price of Agave tequilana, the blue-tinged, spikey-leaved succulent used to make the alcoholic drink, has risen six-fold in the past two years, squeezing smaller distillers’ margins and leading to concerns that shortages could hit even the larger players.

In front of a huge metal oven that cooks agave for tequila, one farmer near the town of Amatitan said he had been forced to use young plants to compensate for the shortage of fully grown agave, which take seven to eight years to reach maturity.

He asked not to be identified because he did not want his clients to know he was using immature plants.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/02/07/world-facing-tequila-shortage/amp/

I'm personally OK with that in all honesty, tequila is an absolutely vile substance.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
It makes my psychotic. If I drink enough, I go into an uncontrollable rage. I haven't drank it since I was in my early 20's, and I do not intend to in the future.