• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Tennessee CEO e-mail gag

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Tennessee CEO Walt Baker sorry...

An emailed "joke" from an Tennesee CEO comparing the First Lady to a famous movie chimp ended up being no laughing matter.

The CEO of the Tennessee Hospitality Association issued an apology this weekend for an offensive e-mail he recently sent to several people, including members of the press and a public official, comparing Michelle Obama to Cheetah from the Tarzan movies.

"I deeply apologize to anyone who is offended by this action," Walt Baker said in a statement.

"I hope that those who know me realize that the message was not intended to be malicious or hurtful in any way and can find it in their hearts to forgive me."

However, Baker is apparently confused on why someone would find it offensive, describing the joke as "political humor."

Article

I've seen and heard people refer to Republicans as worse and he has to apologize for this in a free country? What free speech?

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Free speech also means that people have the freedom to be offended, & make that offence known, to racist shit like this!!!!!!!!!!

She can be offended, but that doesn't make it right to make him apologize.

His freedom of speech and civil rights have been violated.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Did anyone from the government "make" him apologize? No. Well then... :dunno:

AnnaMiller

Official Checked Star Member
Make him apologize? That didn't happen, he just realized it was a stupid ass move afterward. Any CEO of any company should learn that having any political opinion is bad for business. If he hasn't learned that yet, I think he just did. That's freedom too you know, we have the freedom to not purchase products from companies that offend us, and I bet that's more likely why he appologized.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
She can be offended, but that doesn't make it right to make him apologize.

His freedom of speech and civil rights have been violated.
Sorry Will but I can honestly say that I doubt you would still be on the guys side if he sent out a mass email that was insulting to a politician like Sarah Palin. Sure he doesnt have to apologize, but like Anna said people would be less likely to favor the company that he works for.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Sorry Will but I can honestly say that I doubt you would still be on the guys side if he sent out a mass email that was insulting to a politician like Sarah Palin. Sure he doesnt have to apologize, but like Anna said people would be less likely to favor the company that he works for.

It depends on what he said.

But, he is in his right.

Also, he only sent the email to close friends and another guy at the business.
This didn't have to be news. It's not really news now. Just a lot of whining.

Democons! :crying:

:D:tongue: