• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Study Confirms That Taxes and Regulations Aren't Holding Back Job Creation

el2013-04-3.png

Figure 3 shows there was almost no correlation between job growth in a state from 2008 to 2011 and the increase in the percentage of businesses citing regulation and taxes as their primary concern. In fact, if anything, the correlation is positive.

States in which businesses increasingly cited regulation and taxes experienced higher job growth, although this correlation is not statistically significant. The lack of correlation is not a matter of the timing we choose. For example, there also is no strong correlation if we examine the 2009–11 period or the 2010–11 period instead.
http://www.frbsf.org/publications/economics/letter/2013/el2013-04.html

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
yeah, how could taxes and regulations which cost $$$$$$$$ effect a business anyway.
i knew it was all just bullshit

a business standpoint: i have to pay all these taxes and GOV regulations. I don't see how I can make a profit this year.
Fuck it, let's hire 16 more employees and give our current ones raises.

a consumer ( who works for his money, not a welfare recepient who doesnt) - Wow, i made 400 last week and the GOV took 200, then theyre gonna take 7% more when i spend it and demand more in April.
I need 100 for rent, 30 for gas to get to work and 50 for food so i dont die so i can work ......that leaves me 20 bucks for the week if i dont pay my bills.
C'mon honey, were goin out tonight to paint the town red and stimulate the economy, moneys no object.

"My nipples, it hurts when I twist them!".
Mel gibson

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
yeah, how could taxes and regulations which cost $$$$$$$$ effect a business anyway.

a business standpoint: i have to pay all these taxes and GOV regulations. I don't see how I can make a profit this year.

a consumer ( who works for his money, not a welfare recepient who doesnt) - Wow, i made 400 last week and the GOV took 200, then theyre gonna take 7% more when i spend it and demand more in April.
I need 100 for rent, 30 for gas to get to work and 50 for food so i dont die so i can work ......that leaves me 20 bucks for the week if i dont pay my bills.
C'mon honey, were goin out tonight to paint the town red and stimulate the economy, moneys no object.

Mel gibson

Your response would be a perfect example of a failed businessman, as opposed to a successful one.
A failed businessman will only look at his own profits and environmental factors only affecting himself. Companies which only focus on tax rates, employee costs (salary, health care, etc.), and regulations needed to operate a business are not created to succeed, long term. This is not to say there is to be no focus on internal factors - but a business which makes its main focus on internal factors and makes those internal factors the main focal point are doomed for failure.
However, as the article pointed out, there is much more involved. A business which is able to factor in the wants of the customer in a real-time environment will be much more apt to succeed. One example would be hiring more employees (or increasing the hours of those already on staff) during periods of economic upswings, while hiring fewer during downswings - many times to the extent of being able to read the market well enough to know when those upswings and downswings are going to take place. For instance, it makes more sense to hire more in the common retail sector in September - before the holiday rush - than it would in December - during the holiday rush and just before people are apt to buy less. Watching for more complicated factors, such as housing bubbles or even layoffs by other local businesses, would separate a successful business from one which is always fighting the red. Of course creating a business model which is attractive to potential employees is also key - one which does not offer health care, attractive salary, a healthy work environment, fellow workers who care about their job. If a boss is bitching about having to "pay all these taxes and GOV regulations. I don't see how I can make a profit this year." is doomed for righteous failure.

People who don't know anything about running a business, or business in general look at small business owners in 2 ways: 1.) you are filthy rich because you own your own business or 2.) if your business fails, you are stupid and don't know how to run a business. Stan is obviously one of the schmucks looking from the outside in.

On another note for Mr. Perfect, did you receive info in the mail regarding the class action settlement concerning VISA and MC? Apparently it was settled in court that charging customers extra (to make up terminal fees) who pay via VISA or MC is allowable. I will monitor my receipts and see if my vendors start charging me a fee. If they do, then I will have to pass that along to my clients. You may read more about it at www.paymentcardsettlement.com.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
People who don't know anything about running a business, or business in general look at small business owners in 2 ways: 1.) you are filthy rich because you own your own business or 2.) if your business fails, you are stupid and don't know how to run a business. Stan is obviously one of the schmucks looking from the outside in.

On another note for Mr. Perfect, did you receive info in the mail regarding the class action settlement concerning VISA and MC? Apparently it was settled in court that charging customers extra (to make up terminal fees) who pay via VISA or MC is allowable. I will monitor my receipts and see if my vendors start charging me a fee. If they do, then I will have to pass that along to my clients. You may read more about it at www.paymentcardsettlement.com.

Ok FFB, but call me MP or meester.
I dont think Stan got my sarcasm in my first post but he is one of the guys who disagrees with me a lot that I have no problem with.
As far as that lawsuit, I dont think it affects me but thanks.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
My study shows that taxes and regulations and the green movement are holding back businesses.
(Don't forget Obama. He hates the wealthy. Even thought, he is one of them.)

Statistics like those are made up. Time for people who believe them to wake up and stop being fooled. :facepalm:

Mel gibson

Yep, they take and take and people still can't see that they are ruining businesses. Too much irrational fear of the wealthy.

:yesyes:

Irrational fear of the wealthy.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Well this is the thing that too many people just don't get Will.
And this class warfare tactic that the ones in Power use to try to control peoples opinions shows me that they know exactly what they are doing, its no accident.

AN ECONOMY: Just leave it alone, supply and demand will make it work just as it worked for 200+ years in the States.
Hell in the first 50 years the USA was equal or better as far as quality of living than most countries ever were.
But when a GOV interferes to an extent that they actually hurt the economy, ruin it......thats just scary........but it should be obvious to anyone that that is what's happening.

lets just say there are 10 people in an economy.
1 grows food, one fixes things, one builds things , one teaches, ect.
they can maintain forever on that system by doing business with each other.
But if someone comes in and says ' gives us half your money through a thousand different taxes and regulations then before long all 10 will be broke and the system will fail.