• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Stock Market Talk 💹 💱📈

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I'm a casual investor, nothing serious but it's pretty fun to play the educated guess game. Let's talk stocks and investing. Do any of you hold any stock? Got any tips for others or think anything is going up?

Discuss! Maybe we'll share some good tips between us!

I own shares in a few different companies. The current stock market scares the shit out of me. I'm a CPA, and can't fathom "why" the market is as high as it is. Outside of the fact that: 1) the US Federal Government stimulus package(s) have created asset bubbles; and 2) traditional investments (e.g., CDs, and also bonds) are paying dog shit.

TSLA - when it crashes, it will be epic. I think 70+ percent of its profits are from selling C02 credits to other manufacturers?! o_O Gamestop, AMC Cinemas, KOSS speakers, etc. was madness. Bitcoin - you're fucked as an investor, if the server where it resides is hacked; there is no physical "asset."

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
In postal parlance, retirement is called TSP. Other government entities and a few private shmoes also offer this. A decent amount of it is tied into the stock market in what is called the C Fund. There are other stock investment funds but this one is the most popular. As fate would have it, I just received my annual TSP statement of performance. The gains have been small but gradually increasing over the past several years. I remember my retirement aspect taking a helluva beating after the last recession. The point of it is that because I used caution in my initial retirement options, I've seen overall modest gains, but very few large declines. If I retire right now I get $1600 a month for life. Not enough. So I keep working. 🤕

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Gamestop, AMC Cinemas, KOSS speakers, etc. was madness. Bitcoin - you're fucked as an investor, if the server where it resides is hacked; there is no physical "asset."
I almost threw a few bucks at AMC before all that fiasco. I won't touch bitcoin, not that I can afford to if I wanted to. I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable investing that much money for a single share towards something without a physical being.

Anyone else going with airlines? I am banking on American although Delta has been my winner so far.

Last edited:
Begginner investor here. I just recently opened a Roth IRA, high yield savings account and a personal investment portfolio. I opened the IRA with Marcus by Goldman Sachs and I have my HYSA and investment portfolio with Wealthfront. I've also bought stock in two companies

Not me!! I went through a similar situation with Target, a number of years ago. The CEO decided to make PUBLIC comments about gender identities and rest room usage. Similar situation..; the stock started to trade on THAT nonsense, vs. the company's fundamentals.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Spend it, save it, or risk it, only one of these has the potential of increasing what you've already earned, stole or inherited.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I know nothing, and do not dabble, but if I were going to toss some money out there, I would buy some gold, shares in a couple of firearms manufacturers, and a couple of ammo manufacturers.

With inflation the way it is & realizing that the interest rates on your regular savings accounts meant you were losing the value of your money, I tried out some low-risk investing. The minimum goal is to beat inflation, but it would be nice to make a little more while I'm at it.

I don't have the time to individually manage portfolios, so I went with the bank's mutual funds. Any thoughts between index and actively managed funds?

Warren Buffet's advice is to buy market funds. VERY FEW money managers "beat the market." Why pay the extra fees??

Throw darts randomly at a listing of all the major stocks. You're pretty much almost as likely to do as well as most experts over time. It's sad, but the actual truth.

With inflation the way it is & realizing that the interest rates on your regular savings accounts meant you were losing the value of your money, I tried out some low-risk investing. The minimum goal is to beat inflation, but it would be nice to make a little more while I'm at it.

I don't have the time to individually manage portfolios, so I went with the bank's mutual funds. Any thoughts between index and actively managed funds?
From what I understand actively managed funds will have higher fees compared to index funds. Always look at the expense ratio when you're considering these funds

Warren Buffet's advice is to buy market funds. VERY FEW money managers "beat the market." Why pay the extra fees??
From what I understand actively managed funds will have higher fees compared to index funds. Always look at the expense ratio when you're considering these funds
True. I read a book call the "Wealthy Barber" & its sequel. The first says managed funds are the best, but in the sequel he talks about how indexes are better because of the "beat the average" factor and less fees.

I took that to my investment manager and he showed me how the even the lowest risk managed funds were comparable or doing better than than the indexes. The bank also makes more money off of the managed funds, so they really push those over the indexes too. Honestly it's hard to figure out which is better.

My brokerage account is where I have most of my $. I do have individual stocks though. My largest position is with SoFi. I'm super long on this one