• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Well having played the demo, I personally think it's awesome. The force powers are well done for the most part. There's a lot of comparison with God of War, and while it does draw from it, the force powers make it somewhat unique. The engine is great as are the controls, and there are some minor (very, very, very minor) camera problems, but nothing to serious at all. I can't wait to play the full game to see how powerful you can get as you're already insanely powerful to begin with.

Other than the fact that the demo was short I absolutely loved it. I can't wait get my hands on the final game. Using the force powers worked great when you combined them with your attacks. Being able to charge up the Force Push in order to blow away doors made me wonder just how powerful you can actually become.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I'm disapointed by it, overall.

The graphics are nice, yeah yeah. Upgrading your powers thru experience is a plus.

The combo system? Hmm. Comes up short when compared to the episode 3 game where multiple buttons change your lightsaber attacks.

What I didnt like: Felt like just another run around and beat'm'up type game. Jump this gap, destroy this door to proceed, kill this big guy surrounded by these little weak guys..

It was too easy. Picking up a container and holding the joystick in their general direction lets you take out a whole group of assholes. lol

The way I feel about the game is the same way I did with Assassin's Creed. You pick it up, say WOW.. but you know it's going to be the exact same thing over and over.. hour after hour. Besides knights of the old republic, what star wars game is actually HALF DECENT? And if they ARE decent.. how much of the game is repetition? Jedi Knight was okay, but there's no replay value.

Kill things - move on. Kill door - check minimap - kill things - move on - oh hey a tie fighter.. OWWW! - move on - level up - move on.

Anyway, I just wasnt inspired by it. For a 1.4 gig download, there was only 2 minutes of story and maybe 15 minutes of beating up guys with the same old lightsaber crap.

~ A grizzled Lucasarts veteran who has already played this game back when they called it Episode 3, I mean Jedi Knight, I mean Lego star wars, oops what I meant was SW: Battlefront.. or was it obi wan, or jedi power battles or.. anything on THIS list:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/943.html

Tried the demo, and enjoyed it. It was nothing new, or special but it was fun. I do wish there was a little more to the combat, but maybe there will be in the full game.
I definatly am going to call this one a renter. Just by playing the demo I had the feeling that this Star Wars adventure will be a short one.

I do hope this game doesn't suck and is at least decent considering years ago much of the reason they didn't start making KOTOR 3 was because they decided to go with this. If it isn't any good and the next KOTOR is never I will be pretty irritated.

i think the demo is a seperate set up compared to the game. i was watching the G4 star wars special and they talked to the creative team director and they have been done with the game almost over a month they were continuing to work on the demo to give an idea about the game so i think the demo slighly minimally reflects the game. but i could be wrong also.
im trying to find the video of the interview.
here is 1 link:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/687527/Star_Wars_The_Force_Unleashed_Interview.html

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
i think the demo is a seperate set up compared to the game. i was watching the G4 star wars special and they talked to the creative team director and they have been done with the game almost over a month they were continuing to work on the demo to give an idea about the game so i think the demo slighly minimally reflects the game. but i could be wrong also.
im trying to find the video of the interview.
here is 1 link:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/687527/Star_Wars_The_Force_Unleashed_Interview.html

See the future, young jedi. There is much lameness in this game. Disapointed will you be. Keep not your hopes up. Mediocre but fun in the short term will this be only.

Does not a multiplayer mode escape you when seeing this game? Running around constantly tapping square button is what you want?

edit: Old jedi. 34, eh? ::yoda laugh:: The age is strong with this one.

I do hope this game doesn't suck and is at least decent considering years ago much of the reason they didn't start making KOTOR 3 was because they decided to go with this. If it isn't any good and the next KOTOR is never I will be pretty irritated.

Isn't KOTOR developed by Bioware though? I did hear that they are making a KOTOR MMORPG though

Anyways they always have room to improve with a sequel. The Force Unleashed is supposed to have sequels (but not with the same character/time period), so I hope they do some cool stuff. I mean I loved the demo, but they seriously need to add a roll maneuver.

Isn't KOTOR developed by Bioware though? I did hear that they are making a KOTOR MMORPG though

The first one was, the second one was developed by Obsidian, and I think LA was thinking about producing the third one themselves. Then they had massive layoffs in 2005 or somewhere around that time, and it never got into production. Maybe that would be good because they aren't at Bioware's level, but the span between games is already starting to take years if another ever even comes out. To be honest although I like them I would rather have the story of some of my favorite characters in Star Wars continued in another well made game than eventually in the Dark Horse comics alone. Plus maybe we will finally get a canon non-masked appearance of Revan and a canon appearance and name for the Exile. They are too important of characters to be treated like that that guy behind the fence in the television show Home Improvement because their looks might be different than what some people had when they played the game.

I've known about the rumors of a MMO for a while now, I'm not really thrilled with the idea of a KOTOR MMO at all. If they do it I just hope it has nothing to do with the storyline of the other ones, and is just in a general Old Republic setting so it doesn't make a mockery of the real KOTOR games. There just isn't any way a MMO can have a good story that does it justice. Even Bioware wouldn't be able to do it. Plus I'm not a big MMO type of person of any kind, and I'm not spending $15 a month just to continue the story.

If they do a sequel of TFU, I hope they put Kyle Katarn in a video game again. (Although I don't know if they could squeeze another story of him in the timeline well anymore.) I've always liked him. There was something about playing a Jedi that also had the Chuck Norris Beard Power working for him.

That might be something else that tells how well the game is received. Katarn and a lot of the people from KOTOR are some of the most popular non-movie Star Wars characters of all time, especially Revan, who is near the very top dispite being in only one video game and only talked about in another one where others near him have dozens novels they are in. This is just my feeling and I have nothing to base it on but, I get the sense that Starkiller just isn’t going to reach the level of love from the fans those others have.

See the future, young jedi. There is much lameness in this game. Disapointed will you be. Keep not your hopes up. Mediocre but fun in the short term will this be only.

Does not a multiplayer mode escape you when seeing this game? Running around constantly tapping square button is what you want?

edit: Old jedi. 34, eh? ::yoda laugh:: The age is strong with this one.

:1orglaugh

I enjoyed the demo alot. I love me a good beat em up with substance. Im always up for more Star Wars story telling.