• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ1f11nEYd0 - newest trailer

The Force is strong with this one. The saber fights look really cool, and the Force powers are incredibly amped up compared to the movies. The plot sounds awesome too, you play as Darth Vader's secret apprentice and assassinate the remaining Jedi between Episode III and IV. It also seems that there's been a retcon in the Star Wars universe (since this game is canon to the main plot like Shadows of the Empire), which shows that Darth Vader's apprentice is actually the strongest Jedi/Sith in the universe. It kind of makes sense since Vader lost his potential to get stronger.

There's also multiple endings, some which go against the original trilogy and one canon ending. The game comes out in September, so hopefully it'll be a sleeper hit

Awesome. I might have been seeing things but I swore I saw a report where you were a female apprentice. I hope that you can change the sex of the apprentice because it would have been cool to be a female Sith Lord. Even though, this game is simply awesome and might be the best Star Wars game right along with KOTOR and Battlefront II.

Yeah, it really reminds me of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Jedi Outcast games, except with the boosted force powers. It does have some customization (sadly not gender though), like you can change your saber color, clothes, powers, etc.

Also forgot to add, Lucasarts are really hyping up this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7JbjQlfEcw - Soul Calibur IV newest trailer with Darth Vader, Yoda, and the Secret Apprentice

The secret apprentice is a playable character for the upcoming Soul Calibur IV (July 29) on both consoles. That's genius marketing strategy, getting people to know the character enough to be interested in his actual game.

That's great because I have an Xbox 360 and I won't be able to play as Darth Vader until they add him as dlc. So at least I'll still get a bad ass Sith Lord to play as. Nothing against Yoda but I like the Sith.

Another one that I've been waiting for. Although I have to say I'm looking forward to the engine more than the gameplay itself at this point, simply because of the implications it could have for future games.

Yeah, pretty stupid seeing it's coming out on EVERYTHING apart from the PC. Even the DS and Wii are getting a dumbed down version of it!

I don't understand how Nintendo keeps getting people to port high level games to those systems. It's common knowledge that they can't run the games the same way as the 360, PS3, or most definately a high end PC. Still puzzles me :dunno:

Well the Wii version looks nice actually. Even though it doesn't have the Euphoria engine, the duel mode at least looks fun. I might just get the 360 version for the engine and the PSP version for extra stuff it has like the Jedi Temple, the historical Star Wars battles (like Darth Vader vs Obi-Wan), and duel mode

I don't know if you guys played the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games for PC, but this game reminds me so much of them. Sure there's no guns like in Jedi Knight, but it looks just as fun nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZVCCJeP8iQ - Gametrailers E3 video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsjpjaSQk-w&feature=related - G4 E3 video

These are both interviews with the project lead of the game, and he gives some commentary over the second level of the game, a TIE fighter facility. The first vid gives some more info on the story and shows more of the level, but the second reveals some secrets/unlockables and shows more vicious force powers. It looks incredibly cool, and both videos are of the 360/PS3 version of the game

Well the Wii version looks nice actually. Even though it doesn't have the Euphoria engine, the duel mode at least looks fun. I might just get the 360 version for the engine and the PSP version for extra stuff it has like the Jedi Temple, the historical Star Wars battles (like Darth Vader vs Obi-Wan), and duel mode

I don't know if you guys played the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games for PC, but this game reminds me so much of them. Sure there's no guns like in Jedi Knight, but it looks just as fun nonetheless.

good thing my sister has a WII. i can rent it for that.
and i own a psp...wow im going to have lots o fun with this game!

http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/28804773/p1 - the entire plot of the canon storyline for this game is spoiled throughout the topic, but I'll post a summary here

*Highlight for SPOILERS*
At first, things go well for Starkiller with Vader. He goes around assassinating the Jedi, etc. Unfortunately, the Emperor finds out and orders Vader to kill him. He stabs Starkiller in the stomach and knocks him into the vacuum of space (details are scarce from what I read in the topic). BUT....Vader saves him and has him outfitted with mechanical parts for his stomach. He then tells Starkiller to get all the "traitors to the empire" like Bail Organa and Mon Mothma together to form an alliance against the Emperor as a distraction so the two of them can kill Palpatine and usurp his throne. The SA does this, rescuing Princess Leia from Kashyykk and Bail from Felucia. While on Kashyykk he finds his father's home and experiences a flashback, remembering all the memories of his dad before they were blocked out by Vader's killing of his father. His real name turns out to be Jacob Nion.

Somewhere along the way he encounters Jedi General Kota again, who survived their previous fight. He is now blinded due to their battle. The SA asks to be taught of the Light side of the Force, because he's curious of both sides. After that, he brings all the future Rebel Alliance leaders together in one spot. It turns out that Vader has double crossed him again, and that it was actually a plan by the Emperor and Vader to get all the leaders together to be assassinated on the incomplete Death Star. Starkiller's droid Proxy (who was built by Vader) sacrifices himself by holographically posing as Obi-Wan in order for Starkiller and his girl Juno Eclipse to escape. They then decide to go to the Death Star and save the leaders. Starkiller is presumably killed on the DS by Vader and Palpatine after accomplishing his mission (Juno survives). Leia decides to use Starkiller's family crest that was in his home on Kashyykk, which is a symbol for hope, the future symbol of the Rebel Alliance.

Sounds pretty freaking awesome.

http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/28804773/p1 - the entire plot of the canon storyline for this game is spoiled throughout the topic, but I'll post a summary here

*Highlight for SPOILERS*
At first, things go well for Starkiller with Vader. He goes around assassinating the Jedi, etc. Unfortunately, the Emperor finds out and orders Vader to kill him. He stabs Starkiller in the stomach and knocks him into the vacuum of space (details are scarce from what I read in the topic). BUT....Vader saves him and has him outfitted with mechanical parts for his stomach. He then tells Starkiller to get all the "traitors to the empire" like Bail Organa and Mon Mothma together to form an alliance against the Emperor as a distraction so the two of them can kill Palpatine and usurp his throne. The SA does this, rescuing Princess Leia from Kashyykk and Bail from Felucia. While on Kashyykk he finds his father's home and experiences a flashback, remembering all the memories of his dad before they were blocked out by Vader's killing of his father. His real name turns out to be Jacob Nion.

Somewhere along the way he encounters Jedi General Kota again, who survived their previous fight. He is now blinded due to their battle. The SA asks to be taught of the Light side of the Force, because he's curious of both sides. After that, he brings all the future Rebel Alliance leaders together in one spot. It turns out that Vader has double crossed him again, and that it was actually a plan by the Emperor and Vader to get all the leaders together to be assassinated on the incomplete Death Star. Starkiller's droid Proxy (who was built by Vader) sacrifices himself by holographically posing as Obi-Wan in order for Starkiller and his girl Juno Eclipse to escape. They then decide to go to the Death Star and save the leaders. Starkiller is presumably killed on the DS by Vader and Palpatine after accomplishing his mission (Juno survives). Leia decides to use Starkiller's family crest that was in his home on Kashyykk, which is a symbol for hope, the future symbol of the Rebel Alliance.

Sounds pretty freaking awesome.

To be honest as a Star Wars fan I don't really like the story that much. It's seems like they are forcing too much of the previous story to fit and retconing too much for the sake of a video game. Not to mention that the formation of the Rebels seemed to have started in Episode 3.

I would also have to assume he dies at the end even if it's left vague. If he didn't it would be an absolute continuity nightmare. (Although I’m have a bad feeling some author is not going to be able to resist having him pop up in the future.) Plus I hope Kota doesn't make it either. It always bothers me when reveal yet another person survives the purge.

Well, from what I've heard the demo should be coming out the last week of August/the first week of September on Xbox Live and the Playstation Network, so keep an eye out for that

i don't know how many of you have the channel G4 it's like a gaming&computer channel.the show X-play (review games,usually 3 or 4 per 1/2 hour segment) with morgan webb and adam sessler has a special show on The Force Unleashed and it's a FULL 1/2 HOUR! dedicated to it.
i'm in new jersey and it's on at 1pm today and again randomly throughout the next couple days.should be a good watch