• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

So, you think ore immigration = more crime ? Think again...

40 years of data show immigration decreases or stabilizes crime rates

When the number of immigrants goes up, violent crime goes down.

According to the White House Office of the Press Secretary, a recent Executive Order on Border Security and Immigration Enforcement was intended to address the issue of “significant increase in violent crime” due to immigration driven by “transnational criminal organizations.” These claims directly contradict the results of academic work on immigration and crime, and a recent study published in the Journal of Ethnicity in Criminal Justice reinforces that. It shows that immigration is not linked to increases in crime—in fact, this study suggests it's linked to reductions in certain types of crimes.

This study builds on previous findings on arrests and criminal offenses. That previous data showed that foreign-born residents of the US were less likely to commit crimes than native-born Americans. The new study looked at 200 major metropolitan areas as defined by the US Census Bureau. The researchers then used Census data and FBI crime reporting data from 1970-2010 to look at trends for these regions.

The authors were interested in increases in crimes that might be attributable to an influx of immigrants
who decreased economic opportunities or ended up in jobs that might otherwise have gone to local-born residents. To that end, they looked at violent crimes and property crimes, including rates of murder, non-negligent manslaughter, aggravated assault, robbery, burglary, and larceny.

Looking across various times and locations, the researchers saw that communities undergoing a demographic change due to immigration clearly don’t experience significant increases in crime. In fact, even though these communities may feel like they were in flux due to population changes, crime was either stable or declined in communities that were incorporating many immigrants.

The most striking finding comes from the authors’ models for violent crime, murder, and robbery. The authors found that in three out of four statistical models, an increase in the percentage of foreign-born residents was significantly associated with decreases in these three types of crimes. In other words, when immigrants went up, violent crime went down. For example, rates of property crimes declined more rapidly in cities with high percentages of foreign-born residents than they did in cities with low percentages of foreign-born residents.

In summarizing this paper’s results, the lead author, Robert Adelman (associate professor of sociology at University at Buffalo) said, “the empirical evidence in this study and other related research shows little support for the notion that more immigrants lead to more crime.” Indeed, this study appears to show that for the last quarter of the 20th century and the early portion of the 21st century, the presence of immigrants was consistently associated with drops in violent and property crimes in major US cities.
https://arstechnica.com/science/201...igration-decreases-or-stabilizes-crime-rates/

More native born americans = more crime.

trudeau-justin.png

We're gonna build a wall to protect us from american criminals coming into Canada. And America's gonna pay for the wall !

Hey, stupid, try reading, that could be usefull...

Hey dumb fuck I saw it.
But your thread header said crime in general.

Not to mention that importing more illegals drives down the statistics.

Also, just because you post a finding doesn't mean there isn't another one to refute it.

They are including ALL illegals.

Visa overstays are generally non violent and do not commit crimes.
Mexicans are 3.5 times more likely to commit a crime . They are using the total illegal aliens to skew all the numbers.

Separating Mexicans from other immigrants, the former commit 3.5 to 5 times as many crimes as the average native. However, all other immigrants commit less than half as many crimes as natives. ... “[T]he weight of the evidence suggests that immigration is not associated with increased levels of crime.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Funny...statistics show, whenever a state institutes a concealed carry law, over time crime goes down, but you seem to not be able to believe those statistics, or be willing to accept that it could be true. You automatically assume that all gun owners are bloodthirsty maniacs, yet you expect everyone else to make the distinctions between immigrants.

You are a truly blind, one sided hypocrite.

And those statistics regarding crime, and ccw laws comes from neither the NRA, or any anti gun group. They come from the United States governments, F.B.I. unified crime statistics.

I have no problem with LEGAL immigration. However, at this point in our country's condition, it should be required that the immigrant have a skill, and prove a willingness to become a useful, and productive member of society, and to assimilate to our countries way. Another words, learn, and speak English.....much like Mexico DEMANDS immigrants assimilate to their culture, and speak Spanish. Students should be expected to pay their own way, and when they graduate return to their home country, and re apply if they wish to stay. Illegals that commit crimes should be subject to a combination of our justice, and their own countries laws, and be penalized by whichever is more harsh, than be deported....if they return, and there original criminal act was simply looking for a better life, they should be sent back again, if they were a violent offender, such as a gang member, or the like...............a bullet to the head is about as good as any other solution.

On the tv this morning an undocumented alien was defended holding up in a church for fear of deportation.
The defence was that they came here and had to get illegal ss numbers, drivers licenses, Automobiles and such to be here (ID Theft)

I like the circular reasoning to break the law.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
We definitely don't make enough crimes capital offenses.

Oh fuck! If you ONLY KNEW, how I would handle some of these assclowns. Seeing as how I drove a tractor trailer for 30 years.....you can imagine I would want control over the B.M.V. too!

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Foreign Teacher Lands in Rural America: ‘I Was Surprised’ | VOA Connect

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Re: So, you think ore immigration = more crime ? Think again...

I fucking hate it when ore immigrates. Goddamn plate tectonics.