• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

So many double posts

Okay, I try not to bitch and complain (too much), but the number of double posts of late has been ridiculous. Has something changed?

Also, when I use the "quick reply" option, after I have typed my post and hit the reply button (only once, I've been very careful about that), it asks me "leave page?".

Finally, when I load a page, and hit the "reply" or "go advanced" button, it takes quite a while for the white box in which I am able to type to load.

I don't know if these are related issues, if they're fixable, or what. Just thought I'd point these things out.

Now, I'd like each team member to kick boldy in the nuts every hour, on the hour, until the problems are fixed. I hear that's the only way to motivate the guy.

You think it's bad on a computer? Try doing it on a phone. On Sprint's "Now... Hang On... Almost There... Give It A Minute... Be Patient..." Network nonetheless.
throwpc.gif

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
I'll have one of the programmers look into it tomorrow. I noticed a lot of things are sloooow. Not just the board.

I spent all day trying to post shit on the board, but the text input box never came up. It finally appeared about half an hour ago. How about looking into that? It's only gotten worse since the board upgrade.

Petra

All last week we've been having database errors...so I'm guessing that's the root of the problem.

Petra

We do have some folks working on speeding up the database. I really hope to start seeing some results next week.

Hmmm...I've never had the problem or seen it.

Hmmm...I've never had the problem or seen it.

:)

Petra

there is a plugin, that automatically merges double posts that occur in a specified amount of time.

i made a suggestion to implement it a long time ago:
http://board.freeones.com/showthread.php?506942-Merging-consecutive-or-double-triple-etc-posts

was swept under the rug, i guess...

Not necessarily swept under the rug, but we've been careful about the plugins we've been adding. Each modification or plugin we add = more work for the person that maintains the board when vbulletin puts out a new update.