• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Sister of black unarmed mentally challenged man calls police ; Police shoots her brother

Alfred Olango: US police kill mentally ill black man

Unarmed African-American tasered and shot dead by police after his sister called officers for help.

A police officer in the Californian city of San Diego shot and killed a mentally ill black man who was unarmed after his sister called authorities for assistance when he began acting strangely.

Police from the El Cajon suburb released a statement late on Tuesday night, several hours after the shooting outside the Broadway Village shopping centre, confirming the man died in a hospital. His family identified him as Alfred Olango.

Police were called by Olango's sister who said he was acting strangely and not himself. The aftermath of the fatal shooting was filmed by a bystander who posted the clip on Facebook. That video has been viewed about 40,000 times.

"Why couldn't you tase him? I told you he is sick - and you guys shot him!" Olango's sister can be heard telling officers in the video. "I called police to help him, not to kill him."

Jeff Davis, the El Cajon police chief, said the man was not armed, adding Olango ignored calls to remove his hands from his pockets and pulled out an object.

Davis said one officer used a stun-gun against him while another fired his weapon because they felt threatened.

"At one point, the subject rapidly drew an object from his front pants pocket, placed both hands together and extended them rapidly toward the officer taking up what appeared to be a shooting stance," Davis said in a statement.

"At this time, the officer with the electronic control device discharged his weapon. Simultaneously the officer with the firearm discharged his weapon several times, striking the subject."

Witnesses said they heard five shots as police confronted Olango.

Davis said the two officers involved in the shooting, each with more than 20 years of service, had been placed on administrative leave pending the investigation.

Local news agency CBS8 reported that "several witnesses alleged that the officers were unduly quick to open fire and suggested that their actions had been influenced by the fact that they were dealing with a black man, one they described as mentally challenged".

"One man angrily told reporters at the news conference that the victim was suffering a seizure prior to the shooting, and another described seeing him with his hands raised at the moment the shots sounded," CBS8 said.

The shooting spurred protests at the scene for several hours, alleging police racism. Demonstrations were also later held outside the police department.

It released a photo taken from a mobile phone of the moment. Police said an object had been recovered from the scene, but did not say what that object was.

According to Mapping Police Violence , Olango became the 217th black American to be killed by police so far this year.

The deaths of black men at the hands of police have spurred protests across the US, most recently last week in the North Carolina city of Charlotte.

The fatal shooting of Keith Lamont Scott, 43, triggered days of unrest, forcing the governor to declare a state of emergency and deploy the National Guard.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/...l-mentally-ill-black-man-160928065635824.html

We're talking about a mentally challenged person who's sister says he's acting strangely so is that to much for us to hope police will adjust their behavior according to that ? That he may not do what his told to do, not because h'es gonna shoot you but because the guy's mentally challenged and he's having a crisis ?

We know the problem is bigger than just cops shooting black folks for no reason. That's the problem is that cop are trained to shoot as soon as they have the most tiny little doubt about being 100% safe from anything.
Blacks have been the first to react to this, they created BLM to protest cops brutality against black folks. Now, why white folks aren't doing the same, why white victims of police brutality don't gather, creat a movement and even try to join forces with BLM to protest police butality as a whole ?

No, they prefer to stay home, to claim that cops made the right decision when they choosed to shoot an unarmed mentally challenged black guy, they choosed to support cops' and conservatives' claim that cops shouldn't be charged when they kill unarmed black folks, that their lives were in danger, they prefer to claim that the black guy who was shot was a on drug, that he was a thug, that BLM is the new KKK etc. But then when a white guy end up shot by police, they complain about BLM not tallking about it...

Now, I'm wandering : Why Fox News and The Blaze are not running that story 24/7, claiming that BLM are racists hypocrites ?

-"ignored calls to remove his hands from his pockets and pulled out an object."

-"the subject rapidly drew an object from his front pants pocket, placed both hands together and extended them rapidly toward the officer taking up what appeared to be a shooting stance"

I would have blown him or her away no matter what. How dare you jeopardize my life(and you only get one) and my families life over some dumb shit. Some folks will never learn---OBEY THE COMMANDS YOU ARE GIVEN BY THE POLICE. Period!!! I have never had an altercation while being apprehended and that's been many times. And I'm alive to talk about it to this day.

You give respect, you get respect

Ace CopSucker said:
I'm not seeing a problem here.
I know, you never see any problem with cops killing people and certainly not black people.

-"ignored calls to remove his hands from his pockets and pulled out an object."

-"the subject rapidly drew an object from his front pants pocket, placed both hands together and extended them rapidly toward the officer taking up what appeared to be a shooting stance"

I would have blown him or her away no matter what. How dare you jeopardize my life(and you only get one) and my families life over some dumb shit. Some folks will never learn---OBEY THE COMMANDS YOU ARE GIVEN BY THE POLICE. Period!!! I have never had an altercation while being apprehended and that's been many times. And I'm alive to talk about it to this day.

You give respect, you get respect
We're talking about a MENTALLY CHALLEGED guy, who's own sister said he was acting strange. When you're in front of a mentally challenged person, you have to adapt your behavior. You don't act like you would with a "normal" person.

But you know the worst part of the story ? The sister had called the cops, despite the news reporting about cops killing unarmed black people almost every day, she di not called some friend of her or a neighbor, she called the cops. She was still trusting police. And because she trusted police her brother is now dead. Boy, that trust was misplaced.

And there was that story a few weeks ago about that cop who was called by some black woman to ask for help about her boyfriend. 3 cops showed up to her place, one was in the process of de-escalating the situation when the other two thought that opening fire would be a better ay to handle the situation. And in the end, the one who choosed not to shoot has been fired.
http://board.freeones.com/showthrea...s-to-de-escalate-rather-than-shoot-gets-fired

There's a pattern here : black person calls police for some help to handle one of their relatives, cops show up and shoot the person.
And the you have Fox News hosts wandering whi black folks don't trust police...

A mentally challenged person can use a weapon to kill someone too. Cops don't have time to evaluate the mental state,of a subject that are posing a threat.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I know, you never see any problem with cops killing people and certainly not black people.

We're talking about a MENTALLY CHALLEGED guy, who's own sister said he was acting strange. When you're in front of a mentally challenged person, you have to adapt your behavior. You don't act like you would with a "normal" person.

I'm not seeing the problem here, aside from you not minding your own fucked up country. Asshat.

Any cop in any country responding to an EDP (emotionally disturbed person) call is going to be extremely cautious with their safety and the safety of the general public. Once that broad made the call that her brother was a danger it was out of her hands. When they responded he was non compliant and making gestures that could only be construed as combative. They tasered him to no effect and he continued being a perceived threat. They eliminated the threat.

Personally, I think you're too big a coward to actually challenge anyone, let alone a uniformed cop but if you do, please resist as hard as you possibly can. Cops will always see the error of their ways once you do that.

"At one point, the subject rapidly drew an object from his front pants pocket, placed both hands together and extended them rapidly toward the officer taking up what appeared to be a shooting stance,"

We don't know what was the object but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a gun or even a knife. No one's safety was at stake.

They tasered him to no effect and he continued being a perceived threat
the officer with the electronic control device discharged his weapon. Simultaneously the officer with the firearm discharged his weapon several times, striking the subject."
So we don't know wether the taser had been effective or not, he was shot even before anyone could determine that. One of these cops, at least, had the mercy of trying to eliminate the perceived threat without killing that poor guy. Unfortunately, his fellow cop was not that merciful

Any cop in any country responding to an EDP (emotionally disturbed person) call is going to be extremely cautious with their safety and the safety of the general public.
Ok, so ,for this specific cas let's evacuate the "safety bof the genreal public" aspect 'cause he never got out of the house so he wasn't a threat to anyone outside. But what about his safety ? The guy di nothing wronh, he was just having some crisis he was entitled to police protection like any other citizen. But in tthe US, cops are trained to put their lives before the lives of the people they sworn to protect. And then some conservatives will tell us how self-less they are :facepalm:

To protect (yourself) and to serve (you fellow cops)

Johan---Your article......

"According to Mapping Police Violence , Olango became the 217th black American to be killed by police so far this year."

So fucking what, 489 WHITES have been killed this year by police so stop trying to make this out to be some black epidemic you fucking nitwit.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
The solution is so obvious.

Stop calling the police if you are not white and blonde. Get a gun and just shoot anybody that behaves in a way that bothers you.

There, problem solved.

The solution is so obvious.

Stop calling the police if you are not white and blonde. Get a gun and just shoot anybody that behaves in a way that bothers you.

There, problem solved.
I'm American Indian(blackfoot) and people ask me all the time if I'm mixed white/black or mexican, sometimes even arab. I sure don't look white and have never had a problem with law enforcement other than the inconvenience of it. If you act suspicious you will treated as such.

We don't know what was the object but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a gun or even a knife.

Yeah we do know it wasn't a gun.

Any cop in any country responding to an EDP (emotionally disturbed person) call is going to be extremely cautious with their safety and the safety of the general public.

That makes sense.

They tasered him to no effect and he continued being a perceived threat. They eliminated the threat.

The article in the OP states he was tasered and shot simultaneously.

Yeah we do know it wasn't a gun.

That makes sense.

The article in the OP states he was tasered and shot simultaneously.
At first glance I thought your avatar was the Taco Bell logo. LOL, I must be getting the munchies. ;)

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 124