• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Should Women Newscasters Have An Appearance Clause In Their Contracts?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Let's face it, most of the women on the news get hired because of their looks. They need to maintain marketability for the network to get a return on their investment. Most of these gals are more interesting when you press the mute button as looks are the only thing they have to offer. Should a network be able to terminate a lady because she got too old or fat/pregnant or maybe pressure her to get some much needed plastic surgery or a gym membership while under unpaid suspension?

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Yes and no. It informally happens, but writing it into a contract would be discriminatory - illegal.

It is funny though to hear my wife critique the local weather girls. Nothing about the commentary, but only focusing on their attire, hair, etc.

Yes and no. It informally happens, but writing it into a contract would be discriminatory - illegal.

It is funny though to hear my wife critique the local weather girls. Nothing about the commentary, but only focusing on their attire, hair, etc.

Weather gals in So Cal get hired based on their buoyancy. You never know when there could be a flood in LA and you need the right reporter to cover the story and float the details.

Basically this. Just look at sports illustrated or Victoria secret models.

Putting it in writing wouldn't necessarily be illegal - but it would be a total PR nightmare when the person posts it on social media so you likely won't see it.
because she got too old or fat/pregnant or maybe pressure her to get some much needed plastic surgery or a gym membership while under unpaid suspension?
The funny thing is, while most human rights legislation across the world prohibits discrim on the basis of gender or pregnancy, I have yet to see any laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of beauty. Probably because it's totally subjective and there's really no objective standard you can measure against. You can also discriminate (to a degree) on the basis of age, hence why you have age limits for the presidency, bars, etc. Obesity works too if it's not disability or pregnancy related.

Meaning you can totally fire someone because they are too ugly, too fat or too old for your show.

Basically this. Just look at sports illustrated or Victoria secret models.

Putting it in writing wouldn't necessarily be illegal - but it would be a total PR nightmare when the person posts it on social media so you likely won't see it.

The funny thing is, while most human rights legislation across the world prohibits discrim on the basis of gender or pregnancy, I have yet to see any laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of beauty. Probably because it's totally subjective and there's really no objective standard you can measure against. You can also discriminate (to a degree) on the basis of age, hence why you have age limits for the presidency, bars, etc. Obesity works too if it's not disability or pregnancy related.

Meaning you can totally fire someone because they are too ugly, too fat or too old for your show.

How about have evaluation for girl where she walks into room with 13 guys and they vote Democratically with a thumbs up or thumbs down? If the lady is smart she will dress to impress and shave her vagina in the morning.

How about have evaluation for girl where she walks into room with 13 guys and they vote Democratically with a thumbs up or thumbs down? If the lady is smart she will dress to impress and shave her vagina in the morning.
Counsellor, what is it that your client is alleging?

Oh, well in that case you'll need to give me more facts. Like what is this eval for, and how did the panel (which I assume includes you) vote?

The lady is being evaluated on if she’s suitable enough to masturbate to which makes her eligible to retain employment at the television station.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
We had/have a news caster in Cleveland named Katherine Bosely, that came her after she was let go from a Youngstown Oh. station. She was let go because it came out, that while on vacation in Fla. during spring break, she joined in on a wet t-shirt contest. Now I've never been to either, but I've seen enough "Girls Gone Wild", to know the chances are REALLY good, if you want to win, you will likely have to end up naked, and she did, and the photos were very nice. She claimed she was just living it up, after facing a harsh personal illness. Her tit's were fake, so I'm not sure if it was breast cancer or not, but they hadn't settled, or were just done poorly. She did however have a great little ass, and a completely bald pussy, that appeared waxed, not shaved, and didn't look to torn up, They ended up on line, and I downloaded them, I just wish I knew what cd I burned them to. If I figure it out, I'll post them, unless it's not allowed. But she was on a stage in public, so it's nothing like that Erin Andrews shit, where someone was spying, and filming secretly.

The lady is being evaluated on if she’s suitable enough to masturbate to which makes her eligible to retain employment at the television station.
If you post the image of the woman who is suing, and the women who got the job, I think I can come up with something.

. She was let go because it came out, that while on vacation in Fla. during spring break, she joined in on a wet t-shirt contest.
There's another one you can discriminate on - morality. It's a little more dicey when it crosses over into anti-LGBT territory, but in general, if you want to fire/not hire someone due to them not meeting your moral standards, that's totally legal.

Mr. Daystar

Well they put clauses in. You sign a contract with a morality clause, you know what's up. She did the contest long before Youngstown, someone just dug shit from her past up. Look at a lot of ball players, of every sport, or actors representing a product, Even the appearance thing that Dino started this thread over is the same thing. I think that quarter back for Pittsburgh Roth something had a clause in his contract, that he violated when he got into a motorcycle wreck. Something about endangering himself, and ability to play.

If you post the image of the woman who is suing, and the women who got the job, I think I can come up with something.

Let’s use someone like Megyn Kelly as an example. I realize she finally got sorted out and her career is over. But, she was someone who got herself pregnant so often it seems like she did it to be defiant toward her male bosses. This can never be allowed to happen again.

There's another one you can discriminate on - morality. It's a little more dicey when it crosses over into anti-LGBT territory, but in general, if you want to fire/not hire someone due to them not meeting your moral standards, that's totally legal.

If a lady is too moral and prudish she should be eliminated from consideration for any kind of promotion. Even just one woman that incorrigible or uppity can poison the entire news team.

I think that quarter back for Pittsburgh Roth something had a clause in his contract, that he violated when he got into a motorcycle wreck. Something about endangering himself, and ability to play.
Funny you should mention that, as I recall they were talking about something similar for the cast of the Big Bang Theory after Cuoco injured herself horseback riding and couldn't walk for weeks. If you recall, that was when she started "bartending" instead of waitressing in the show, so she didn't have to walk & they could hide her from the waist down. An accident like that on any other cast member could have cost millions in lost time, so it could be justified.

Let’s use someone like Megyn Kelly as an example. I realize she finally got sorted out and her career is over. But, she was someone who got herself pregnant so often it seems like she did it to be defiant toward her male bosses. This can never be allowed to happen again.

Ok, so let's say you have Carley and Megyn in the room auditioning for a show, Carley is dresses like the photos and I believe was 22 when she started with Fox, while Megyn first applied for Fox news when she was 34.

You could go the age route and say you're looking for someone under 25 years old.
Or if you wanted to be more crafty, you can say that Carley has a journalism degree while Megyn went to law school, and you want someone with a journalism background because it's a news show.

The real reason could very well be that Carley's perky tits would be more attractive to your viewers (and you & the other "judges" in the room). But that doesn't matter, all you need is a plausible explanation that doesn't infringe on human rights.
Boom. Done.

Mr. Daystar

Funny you should mention that, as I recall they were talking about something similar for the cast of the Big Bang Theory after Cuoco injured herself horseback riding and couldn't walk for weeks. If you recall, that was when she started "bartending" instead of waitressing in the show, so she didn't have to walk & they could hide her from the waist down. An accident like that on any other cast member could have cost millions in lost time, so it could be justified.
I do remember hearing that.